ADMIRAL189'S CORNER - INCOMING SHIP MODELS

Go to solution Solved by ivan-ivanov-1902,

15 hours ago, Nils Dücker said:

That Knox and the Belknap are my models that I made as Lead Artist on Cold Waters, and whoever sold them on Turbosquid did not have permission to do so. I would appreciate if you do not share these.

Nils Sir, 

It is very unfortunate that someone has stolen your work and put them on Turbosquid.  Of all the 3D warehouses out there, I thought Turbosquid to be the most reputable. 

Your models are beautiful, and a number of us were very much looking forward to them being in game.  Might I suggest that you and the Admiral team up to offer an “official” Cold War Naval assets pack for DCS.  I personally would be happy to pay $50+ dollars for a pack containing a Knox, Belknap, Spruance, Kidd, Virginia or California, Missouri, Los Angeles, and an oiler or two.  Basically a late Cold War/Desert Storm Pack.  

-Preston

• Like 2

Hey to all, 

Thanx for the great mods @Admiral189 but I have a few questions. 

1. Are the tug boats that you upload available? If yes are they workable? I mean can they push big vessels inside or outside a port? (I attach pic)

2. In what way I can enter and exit LCU-1627, LCAL in San Antonio and  OAK Hill ships? is it possible to open an close the back door?

Thanx 

Hey JooJoo,

They will be available at some point but they can't push anything around like in Ship Simulator. I thought about the same thing because i use to operate tugboats. The work horses of every port. 

On page 17 you can see how to enter the LCU.  Depending on the version you have of the Oak Hill. Yes, you can enter it and use the mouse to open and close the Stern gate. It's not possible on the San Antonio. I didn't add it to the San Antonio but it does have a Captain's view. 

r,Admiral

High speed evasive maneuvers performed by the USS Kidd to avoid a training anti-ship air-strike by a French SEM flying low. 😀

Thanks Admiral for the USS Kidd and the Cuesta Brothers for the SEM (Super Etendard Modernise) ! 👏

Fly low... 😜

Screen_210306_122202s.jpg

Screen_210306_122719s.jpg

Edited by toan
  • Like 2

Thanks Admiral !

I guess attacking aircraft never had the possibility to fly so close to the USS Kidd in real life.... 🤔

Those evasive maneuvers would probably be more appropriate to avoid torpedo hits, using also specific ASW jammers.

Note that in the scenario above, the USS Kidd goes at "only" 25 knots. It could sail over 30 knots in fact.

Maneuvering at high speed for such a large ship gives here interesting opportunities to fly really low (20 feet at 228 knots in the second screen) !

Fly low to avoid AA defense.... 😜

Edited by toan

Well....

I guess a non-moving target presenting its hull side seems unlikely for this kind of large ship, if subject to anti-ship missile attacks...😜

Evasive maneuvers would probably be recommended here, with action from the appropriate CIWS rapid-firing guns, I suppose ! 😋

Edited by toan

A question for @Admiral189 or any other ship modelers: is this the type of 3D model that you can turn into a DCS unit?

https://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/uss-boxer-3d-model/690634

It's the USS Boxer (LHD-4) and we don't have the Wasp class ships in DCS as far as I know. Nor do we have any static CH-46 models. I know basically nothing about how to do 3D modeling, so I'd be curious to know how this particular 3D model's polygon count/texture size/etc stacks up in comparison to the great work you've been doing. I'm using all of it.

• Like 1

ThinkPad X1 Carbon G6 | i7-8550U 1.8-4 GHz | 16GB LPDDR3-2133 MHz RAM | 512GB PCIe SSD | Win10 x64

Aorus RTX 2070 Gaming Box | 8GB GDDR6-14000MHz | 3x Dell U2412M for 5760x1200

CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle, Pro Pedals

Hello Cacetudo, 

I can make any model ship sea worthy and function in DCS. The Boxer is larger ship so it will take some time to work on. Please don't spend $399 on any model. The models are high priced with no functions. They have great detail but that's it. I have the USS America in my collection so i will be bringing her to life at some point. 

Yann, that looks like a pretty decent model. I don't think it would be hard to create. Looks like a helo carrier. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Admiral189 said:

Hello Cacetudo, 

I can make any model ship sea worthy and function in DCS. The Boxer is larger ship so it will take some time to work on. Please don't spend $399 on any model. The models are high priced with no functions. They have great detail but that's it. I have the USS America in my collection so i will be bringing her to life at some point. 

Yann, that looks like a pretty decent model. I don't think it would be hard to create. Looks like a helo carrier. 

@Admiral189

thanks a lot for your job,

it was an aircraft carrier with Yak-38 ADAV aircraft.

but also with Ka-27 choppers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kiev-class_aircraft_carrier

2 hours ago, Admiral189 said:

Hello Cacetudo, 

Thanks for the feedback and info - good to know. The USS America sounds like it will be worth waiting for!

ThinkPad X1 Carbon G6 | i7-8550U 1.8-4 GHz | 16GB LPDDR3-2133 MHz RAM | 512GB PCIe SSD | Win10 x64

Aorus RTX 2070 Gaming Box | 8GB GDDR6-14000MHz | 3x Dell U2412M for 5760x1200

CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle, Pro Pedals

That's a pretty good model Reccelow but you can probably find one with more detail for a lower price. 

I am far from creating Air Craft Carriers. It will probably take me months to create one. I will be creating a Helo Carrier at some point.