ADMIRAL189'S CORNER - INCOMING SHIP MODELS

Go to solution Solved by ivan-ivanov-1902,

2 hours ago, Admiral189 said:

Is that the last one i released! The one i released last year doesn't show it.

It's the one I downloaded from the first page.

Also, which verison of the San Antonio has got the collision mesh fixed? The one I downloaded from september 2019, gives me problems when trying to land an Mi8. I seem to hit some invisible object and crash. The Mi8 floats 3 - 5 feet above the deck.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo

I will probably say two weeks or less and the Kidd will be done. I have to do the fine tuning now. I'm trying to create liveries for the first time so i'm practicing with that now.. I don't want to rush it out too fast!!

I will take a look at LCU and San Antonio links Looney. I may need to update the download links. The last version i submitted for the San Antonio was the latest. I think the issue we seen was Static objects sit different on deck that AI Helicopters or planes. It was just a matter of me moving the collision up or down a little and adjusting the San Antonio.lua.. I will test the MI8 and see how it sits.. All of the helicopters and the Harrier should sit fine on deck. 

On 1/31/2021 at 4:10 AM, Admiral189 said:

Here's something new i found with the USS Kidd though. When missiles are inbound. The USS Kidd maneuver's to defend itself. I don't see the TYPE-45 doing it. It will literally speed up and or turn to defend itself and even after all that maneuvering.

When does this happen? How can it be reproduced? 🤯

Aviation360 i have a submarine that is in SIM now but the torpedoes are not working. Coding is there but no Torps! I have an OHIO Class and also a Fast Attack USS Hawaii!

Anooos i have my eyes on a Canadian Halifax frigate but the price is too high for such a simple model. 

Linx as soon as the USS Kidd recognizes there's a threat it maneuvers to defend itself. It turns port and starboard. Speeds up and slows down as necessary. It can be stationary and it will it start maneuvering. I will try to upload the video if i can.  

• Like 1

@Admiral189i guess you could look at LUA for the Type 093 for submersion, and for torpedoes well I guess you’ll have to make your own idk but of use the Type 093’s lua as a basis for those to and for Ohio class I imagine the only usable version you would make would be the Tomhawk converted ones until you figure how to make the Trident 3 missile for the rest of the class, not sure what armament the Virgina class has but the Tomhawk converted Ohio class might be the easiest due to the fact that the Ohio class to my knowledge dosen’t have torpedoes it’s just a mobile submersible Tomhawk launcher or Trident 3 launcher

Yeah, that's what we use but what we can't see is there 3DS Max or Blender model so we assume that the configuration were using is correct until you test it in Game.  It does fire Harpoons and i can easily make it fire Tomahawks.. Those are easy! It will be submersible. 

My bad on the Ohio is does have 4x torpedoes, in my opinion the Torpedoes aren’t that useful I’ve tested the Type 093’s torpedoes and they act weird they start acting like a snake swerving left and right about 5nm out from the enemy ships and dosen’t hit a sing ship

I did some tweaking with the Lua for the Duncan, and I've gotten her to track and engage multiple air targets independently, more in line with the real-world capabilities of the Type 45. I also created an Aster 30 unit to more closely model the tracking and kinematics of the real Aster (though it still uses the 3D model of the SM-2 because I only know how to mess with code, not models). With those changes, she is a beast — nearly unstoppable. Which I guess makes sense, considering how new she is compared to most of the ships in DCS.

I don't want to step on the Admiral's toes, but if @Admiral189 gives the okay, I'll gladly post my update here and/or PM it to him.

Edited by Quertior
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, aviation360 said:

@Quertior would you be able to add the Aster 15 what missile would you use for that?

Yeah, I should be able to add the Aster 15 variant too. It would still use the same SM-2 3D model, but I could tweak the power and guidance parameters to match the Aster 15. I'd also have to investigate a bit how to split up the VLS so that some of the launchers have 30s and some have 15s.

Edited by Quertior

On 2/2/2021 at 9:05 PM, Looney said:

It's the one I downloaded from the first page.

Also, which verison of the San Antonio has got the collision mesh fixed? The one I downloaded from september 2019, gives me problems when trying to land an Mi8. I seem to hit some invisible object and crash. The Mi8 floats 3 - 5 feet above the deck.

Aloha,

I tried this setting. It's not perfect but almost.

USS San Antonio LPD-17.lua

Hi Admiral,

Thanks for all your work, your great models and ships, they are really amazing.

I'm looking forward for the USS Kidd and the FFG.

I'm using the Duncan, the San Antonio, LCAC and Oak Hill. They are absolutely great.

So far, I have just one problem, i.e., with the LCU-1627, which doesn't appear in the list of available ships in the Mission Editor.

I know this problem was already mentioned previously, but I can't figure out how to solve it, although I've tried several alternatives.

The LCU is correctly inside my ....../Saved Games/DCS/Mod/Tech folder.

I currently use the DCS stable version 2.5.6.59625.

Thanks for your help,

Toan

Edited by toan

Hi Admiral,

Which version of DCS are you using, please ?

Mine is the stable 2.5.6.59625.

Seems to me that this might be the problem for me concerning the LCU-1627.

I just downloaded it using the new link and reinstalled it with no success...

Thanks for your help,

Toan