ADMIRAL189'S CORNER - INCOMING SHIP MODELS

Go to solution Solved by ivan-ivanov-1902,

Hey Gone1Crazy, so something i'm learning is the more detailed the model is the greater the polys will be. I have a tool called PolyCruncher. So i took the original model which is 128 MBs and i reduced the polys to 10%. So when i exported it and the .edm file is 10 mbs vice 100+ mbs. It does lose some appearance but it's not bad. I'm using a GTX 670 and I get 30 FPS in DCS vice the 15 or 16 i normally get.

So I have uploaded the original USS San Antonio file to the first page under the original San Antonio file. Back up your original San Antonio .edm and just replace it this one. I'm interested in hearing what FPS you all get with a 10 mb .edm. Keep in mind once i start adding to the model the file size will grow but it will not be a lot. Let me know what you guys think!! Thanks.

Hey Gone1Crazy, so something i'm learning is the more detailed the model is the greater the polys will be. I have a tool called PolyCruncher. So i took the original model which is 128 MBs and i reduced the polys to 10%. So when i exported it and the .edm file is 10 mbs vice 100+ mbs. It does lose some appearance but it's not bad. I'm using a GTX 670 and I get 30 FPS in DCS vice the 15 or 16 i normally get.

So I have uploaded the original USS San Antonio file to the first page under the original San Antonio file. Back up your original San Antonio .edm and just replace it this one. I'm interested in hearing what FPS you all get with a 10 mb .edm. Keep in mind once i start adding to the model the file size will grow but it will not be a lot. Let me know what you guys think!! Thanks.

Will give some feedback in few days .

Thanks for the time and effort !!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Admiral!

Me and my squad have been using your Mods for an amphibious mission last nignt, and we had a very good time.

It works perfectly.

Thank you so much for sharing!

However, we had a problem with the LCU-1627' Lods:

Maybe you could do something...

Thank you again

Sleipner

c218c69294373eeed0eff796de4049e9.thumb.png.0a46592982ad67ac1310aa84e09a1a8a.png

3d779e22a628fe66beb7f5cc3a0af1e9.thumb.png.a10882dc62755413fd1e15f143e016ac.png

Hey Sleipner, what is the issue your having? I added lod1 and 2 as a test.. Try removing them and see if that helps. What i noticed is most of the DCS Ships by ED use the same lods. Hopefully that helps.

Toni, i created the Belknap and a knox class frigate already but I am still working on them. I was stationed onboard the USS Bowen FF-1079 so i will commission it. I haven't seen any news on the Forrestal. Do you know when they will release it?

Sup admiral .

Ive performed some tests.

Still having massive fps drops.

Gtx 1070 .

Running stable at 120fps at at the very moment the camera moves sttuters AF ( 27 30 fps )

little video of some heavy polys objects modded or vanilla.

San antonio

https://gyazo.com/0b481b1c57f0d9f5d80258c706d8709d

L61

https://gyazo.com/5304cc448d75b813df8ee2b670892bfb

F14

https://gyazo.com/3707ed71cc47c72515c54692a8e385ca

C130

https://gyazo.com/4e0486fdad692c604506809f761a9376

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

As mentioned i'm running a 670 and i normally get 16-17 with the old model.. the latest version has improved slightly but only you guys with better graphic cards will know if it's better for you or not. I'm getting 20 + with the latest version..

Honestly not sure what else i can do. I have reduced the size which makes a difference.

Stay Tuned!! I will pack and release the latest version today as a BETA! Still some cosmetics that need to be done but it functions pretty good otherwise.. This version is without the S70 also.

• Like 1

Gone Crazy that was just a test model just to see what FPS you all get.

So i'm releasing the latest version: I'm not going to add anymore features to her because i think that causes issues also. So i added some LODs to her and it made a difference for my GTX 670 in regards to FPS. I'm getting around 20 or so. As mentioned not sure what more i can do. Latest version of USS San Antonio is located on page 1.

00c94094d9abfa532ccba391c00429cf.thumb.png.578f115d32b2c2098cc8fc43ee1d4cb0.png

Thats awesome Admiral! Its nice to see more ships in the dry dock. Tarantul can be used on many maps too. Yemen operates one as do the Egyptians, and of course the Russians, Ukraine, and Bulgaria. So a perfect ship for three of the maps. Great Job keep up the excellent work!

Hey Sleipner, what is the issue your having? I added lod1 and 2 as a test.. Try removing them and see if that helps. What i noticed is most of the DCS Ships by ED use the same lods. Hopefully that helps.

[...]

The problem is that when we approach the LCU; far than 1nm we see the huge green object, and from 1nm to close view, we see the normal LCU.

I removed the Lod 1 and 2 files, and now the LCU pops up at 1nm without been seen before.

Not sure I'm clear...