ADMIRAL189'S CORNER - INCOMING SHIP MODELS

Go to solution Solved by ivan-ivanov-1902,

Ok guys sorry for the delay! My computer is all messed up. Luckily I had a backup of the model.

So below is a link to the USS San Antonio LPD-17. The LCU is not attached. I'm working on the collision for the fwd ramp so you can drive onboard. So please enjoy! Let me know if there's any major issues. The cosmetic issues I will take care of once I'm back up and running!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k9nc9s2u69sz7za/USS%20San%20Antonio%20LPD-17_Model.7z?dl=0

r, Admiral189

Ok guys sorry for the delay! My computer is all messed up. Luckily I had a backup of the model.

So below is a link to the USS San Antonio LPD-17. The LCU is not attached. I'm working on the collision for the fwd ramp so you can drive onboard. So please enjoy! Let me know if there's any major issues. The cosmetic issues I will take care of once I'm back up and running!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k9nc9s2u69sz7za/USS%20San%20Antonio%20LPD-17_Model.7z?dl=0

r, Admiral189

Nice work with the ships.

It would be much easier to follow your work If you update alll the ships links in te first post !:thumbup:

Edited by Gone1Crazy

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks Rux, I actually pulled up an old oil tanker model i have last night. USNS Patuxtent. It's really all i could find. The good models out there are costly. I will be working on it next.

Hey Navy, That is a easy fix.. i had it set perfectly not sure what happened... see fix below.. look under aircraft compliments

-- Aircraft complement

GT.numParking = 2

GT.Helicopter_Num_ = 2 -- Real value = 2 Helicopters

--GT.Landing_Point = {-37.315, 12.1, 0.0}

--GT.Landing_Point = {-71.615, 16.1, 0.0};

local deck_level_f = 12.8 - 0.0 -----------> Tweak this number down... so try 12.2 and just keep going down until the helo's sit perfectly like you want it.

local deck_level_r = deck_level_f + 0.0

Thanks Bad! Let me test the one i have in game and see what's going on. I will upload another if need be.

Hey Lance! I think someone is working on one already. Big John would be a tall order but i will take on any challenge. You know they already have a newer JFK out or coming out.

Good Morning Admirial!

Nice work on the USS San Antonio! If get a few moments...can ya add looking at the collision model for the flight deck to your list? It doesnt seem to be there.

:smilewink:

Cant wait for the Sacramento!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

Morning Sierra, The collisions are there.. See below. Make sure when you add a static model to the flight deck. Link it to that ship. Also, if you model appears to float. See the fix i posted.

TmIYwbN.png

I tried landing a Huey on deck and went "SkaaDoosh"!

I'll check it again though...

:pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

Admiral, popped in to confirm navyBtown and Sierra 99 comments. Setting the deck height to 12.7 will make AI aircraft and flown aircraft wheels flush with the deck. However, static models placed on the deck have two problems. My first picture shows an AI helicopter on Spot 2 and a static V22 on Spot 1. The AI helicopter sits flush with the deck (using 12.7) while the static V22 floats above the deck. So, the first problem is floating static objects. The second problem is if a static object is placed further back on the deck to Spot 2 or more, the static object will link to the bottom of the ship as shown in picture 2.

On a side note I miss the bluish colored bridge windows and white ship numbers.

Another great ship added to my fleet. Thanks for your all work.

Rusty

280456308_Picture1.thumb.jpg.1a09a332feaf7977ec25bc4e3ef0a52a.jpg

1679111229_Picture2.thumb.jpg.c0dcd309a8d4b39701ea3f8180f6e77f.jpg

Thanks Bad! Let me test the one i have in game and see what's going on. I will upload another if need be.

Hey Lance! I think someone is working on one already. Big John would be a tall order but i will take on any challenge. You know they already have a newer JFK out or coming out.

Yeah, but the new JFK coming in the future will never have Intruders and Tomcats flying off of it. It'd be cool to see a CV-67 mod that can somehow use the Supercarrier deck crew and animations but I suspect not going to happen. Having the boat is better than no boat though right?

Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

VF-11 and VF-31 1988 [WIP]

VF-201 & VF-202 [WIP]

Thanks Rusty! I'm seeing what your seeing also. Did you see the same thing with the Oak because i'm using the same script just landing locations are different? I will play around with the coding today and see if i can't get both lined up.

Hey Lance, i can't find the older JFK out there that's not costly. It would nice to see an Intruder in the game period. I did find the Kitty Hawk though.

I will try to sort out the flight landing today!

Hey Guys, check page one... I've added a link to a new collision model. Swap it with the current collision model in the shapes folder. Test it and give me some feedback in regards to landing aircraft. I placed a model that was created and a dcs model and they spawn at the same level on deck. Backup original before replacing!!! Thanks.

Yeah, but the new JFK coming in the future will never have Intruders and Tomcats flying off of it. It'd be cool to see a CV-67 mod that can somehow use the Supercarrier deck crew and animations but I suspect not going to happen. Having the boat is better than no boat though right?

I was thinking about the same thing but have ED add the JFK and the Big E to the Supercarrier. I don't mind the Nimitz class that's in it I just feel only using one subclass that you change the island here and there does not feel what you paid for.

Admiral, tried the new collision model and didn't see any change from what was reported earlier. Static objects still float over the deck.

The Oak Hill is a excellent model. I raised the deck level to 12.23 as AI helicopters had "flat" tires. As for the collision model it's great. I can put objects all over that ship and on different decks just fine.

On another note: I was using the Oak Hill and San Antonio together and noticed when the hangar door closes on the San Antonio the two rear antennas go up too. On the Oak Hill the two rear antennas are fixed and stay extended out to the sides when the fences go up. Shouldn't these antennas go up when the fences go up too?

Rusty

Ok understand! I'm not sure if it's a collision model issue then.. I will have to sort out..

Well in reality when the ships out to sea the anntennae's are up and during flight ops they lower. Yes, The Oak is lower as a static object but inport they would be up also. I will see if i can work out this flight deck collision model issue. The coding is tricky as there's only a few codes that i change. I will play around with it.

Admiral, I took a look at both the ship model and new collision model in ModelViewer2. Picture 1 shows the collision model is not symmetrical (never have seen this before) about the origin and that its deck level is about 1 meter higher than the ship model (Picture 2). This may explain the floating static objects as they are about 1 meter too high. Hope this gives you a clue to what's not quite right.

Rusty

1886940414_Picture1.thumb.jpg.40c2df4e8513523244089100783b0980.jpg

49235513_Picture2.thumb.jpg.142597c4708f45fa67a39bb07561dc60.jpg

MORNING!

FWIW...I still go swimming when I try to land a Huey onthe San Antonio...

There also seems to be invisable things sticking up out of the deck.

Photo and Trk attached. Hope they are of use.

Sierra Sends!

Screen_201004_213205.thumb.png.0bb5acaba95769394654f630b7693c86.png

San Antonio Skadoosh.trk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

-={TAC}=-DCS Server