Greatest interview with ED 7/31

Devil 505

I thought the interview was nice but next time ask questions and let the man answer because i dont care about the interviewers personal opinion.

Also there was not a single question about red aircraft in the pipeline....

Edited by Mainstay

g8PjVMw.png

AH-64 to be announced on Q4 2020?

ChromiumDis.png

Author of DSMC, mod to enable scenario persistency and save updated miz file

Stable version & site: https://dsmcfordcs.wordpress.com/

Openbeta: https://github.com/Chromium18/DSMC

The thing is, helicopters are different from planes. An airplane by it's nature wants to fly, and if not interfered with too strongly by unusual events or by a deliberately incompetent pilot, it will fly. A helicopter does not want to fly. It is maintained in the air by a variety of forces in opposition to each other, and if there is any disturbance in this delicate balance the helicopter stops flying; immediately and disastrously.

They said Napalm is not out of the question, not not in the pipeline right now. The programming and creation of the jelly/fire will take some time and there was ethical issues as to if it should be implemented or not. But then the question was also raised, is any bomb dropped on someone ethical. At the end of the day they said the historical nature of the sim is what is important and this will probably see its way eventually to DCS. My guess is, the closer we get to DCS Vietnam and maybe the F-4.

And there were specifics in the interview about the Apache being an "A: model. The Longbow is still to hard to get all info on right now. Sounds like the A model is already underway.

Another interesting note is the Mosquito having an AI Navigator.

And red forces were talked about, they are considering the Fulcrum A model as well.

Edited by robert.clark251

AH-64 to be announced on Q4 2020?

As far as I understand, nobody said anything about an AH64 in 2020 :( They just say it will come sometime in the future, that's all.

Them Mi-24 and the Kiowa may come in 2020, and I am happy about this, but after that ....

Next in line may be the BO-105, not expected before the End of 2023 or 2024.

Always happy landings ;)

As far as I understand, nobody said anything about an AH64 in 2020 :( They just say it will come sometime in the future, that's all.

Me too: that is why I was asking for. There are some info in the past and recently that maybe could lead toward the apache as the "eagerly awaited module", but no confirmation yet.

ChromiumDis.png

Author of DSMC, mod to enable scenario persistency and save updated miz file

Stable version & site: https://dsmcfordcs.wordpress.com/

Openbeta: https://github.com/Chromium18/DSMC

The thing is, helicopters are different from planes. An airplane by it's nature wants to fly, and if not interfered with too strongly by unusual events or by a deliberately incompetent pilot, it will fly. A helicopter does not want to fly. It is maintained in the air by a variety of forces in opposition to each other, and if there is any disturbance in this delicate balance the helicopter stops flying; immediately and disastrously.

For those who don't have the time to go though the whole thing, the probably most important "nuggets":

attachment.php?attachmentid=243963&stc=1&d=1596339591

I might type this out later on so it's easier to read, initially I just took notes for myself, but I thought I could just share them icon_exclaim.gif

Where does the information about the MiG-29A come from?

signature_GR(SW).jpg
ВПГ "Стража России" ведёт набор лётчиков на самолёты Су-27 и МиГ-29!

2.PNGVAT "Guard of Russia"

3.PNGВПГ "Стража России"

png-transparent-discord-computer-servers-teamspeak-discord-icon-video-game-smiley-online-chat-thumbnail (1).pngВПГ "Стража России"

Where does the information about the MiG-29A come from?
It's said during the interview.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

I've stopped listening to the interview when the Grim Reapers guy said right at the beginning that until 5-6 years ago DCS was only a video game.....

Personally I don't like the interrupting interviews, where person loves more their voice so a interviewed can't get to answer to what is asked.

And then when interviewers makes personal notes etc all the times, it just starts to get annoying with all leading questions etc.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Really hope we do get a MiG-29A. Red-for is suffering really bad.

Yep, thats true :(. Fingers crossed for this "A" although.

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

As far as the AH-64 Apache goes, Simon said expect to hear something about it from Wags 4th quarter. There was no mention in the interview of a release this year. This was regarding the Alpha model to be specific. My guess would be a teaser trailer similar to the Viper or maybe a full blown reveal of the helo as an upcoming module.

Yeah I'm lost as to why FFB went away. I've had it in racing wheels, but never a joystick. With the price of high end sticks, and the community willing to pay for them I don't see why someone doesn't make them.

Three things, really boiled down:

1. Niche market inside of a niche market.
  2. FFB requires developer support, unlike most other controllers.
  3. There is a LONG LONG history of shenanigans with the licensing of FFB technology that makes it difficult to get into.

Three things, really boiled down:

1. Niche market inside of a niche market.
  2. FFB requires developer support, unlike most other controllers.
  3. There is a LONG LONG history of shenanigans with the licensing of FFB technology that makes it difficult to get into.

Patent expired last year. As far as licensing and shenanigans go, it’s open hunting season in the country and all the big guns players have an invite

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

Please ED. F4 E and F4 J Phantom. Obviously Phantom everything isn´t feasible. These stated aircraft match well with the current planeset for REDFOR in DCS, being Mig 19- Mig 21 Bis and the upcoming mig 23 MLA (sort of )

Also with the F8J coming in as well , we are looking at mostly post 1968 jets.

Plis.

Thanks CAP and Grim Reapers, I enjoyed the interview/chat, it was informative, and THAT's what I liked. No Tornado....with an Ex Tornado pilot there....gutted. Apache and AH-1 if I heard that right...brilliant. Lot of good stuff and I liked it when the guy admitted, I don't know the answer, honesty is the best. Keep it up

I've stopped listening to the interview when the Grim Reapers guy said right at the beginning that until 5-6 years ago DCS was only a video game.....

Surely it is just referring to the Flight Model fidelity in relation to itself? A bit of introspection. I have been playing since "Lock On - Modern Air Combat" so I can see that broad-brush description of the title's evolution.

Greatest interview with ED 7/31

Surely it is just referring to the Flight Model fidelity in relation to itself? A bit of introspection. I have been playing since "Lock On - Modern Air Combat" so I can see that broad-brush description of the title's evolution.

He was just referring to the fact that 5/6 years ago DCS didn’t have all this attention..

He was not talking about realism, flight or system modelling.

He also said that he approached it back then as a game but now the player base increased by a magnitude and that changed.

Also now ED has a lot of requests from the militaries thanks to DCS.

So maybe he did use some wrong words (game instead of simulator...but come on...yes it is a simulator, but also a computer game in the end) but the concept he is saying is correct.

Edited by VirusAM

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽 Meta Quest 3  🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, F-15EX Throttle, MFG Crosswinds v3, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

He was just referring to the fact that 5/6 years ago DCS didn’t have all this attention..

He was not talking about realism, flight or system modelling.

He also said that he approached it back then as a game but now the player base increased by a magnitude and that changed.

Also now ED has a lot of requests from the militaries thanks to DCS.

So maybe he did use some wrong words (game instead of simulator...but come on...yes it is a simulator, but also a computer game in the end) but the concept he is saying is correct.

Some still get there nickers in a twist over this ̶g̶a̶m̶e̶ simulator.

At what time was it, or what question?
Somebody already answered,

They only said that they are looking at the possibility of doing a MIG-29A @1:37:18.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

Vulkan has in progress

Enviado desde mi RNE-L21 mediante Tapatalk

Vulkan IS not has :thumbup:

its in progress since 2 years and so far no news about it:(

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

While it’s nice to listen to these interviews, I can say with confidence they (grim reapers) do not speak for the majority of DCS multiplayer community.

I’ve flown with multiple squadrons over the years and statements like “nobody wants to be a RIO” is 100% false. I hope ED is not taking all of their statements as facts.

I just noticed this thread and could not agree more with this statement. Also the statements made about controllable bombers having no value or return seems to be narrow in vision as well.

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals