Helios 1.6 - Official Thread

Follow up as this was solved by derammo on his Discord Helios Support channel. So simple yet no idea where it may be documented, so in case you have this issue -

"In the Interface dialog called "DCS Monitor Setup", click on the "plane and helicopter" on each of the extra monitors to turn them from "blue" i.e. included in the view of the sky to not blue"

Works perfectly now, no idea when or how I clicked those to "blue" backgrounds but there it is!

Asus Z790-PLUS D4, Corsair 1000X PS / Intel i9-13900KF @5.8Gz - Corsair H150i Liquid CPU cooler, 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @3192mhz / 2TB M.2 NvMe Boot Drive (DCS World Beta installed here), 1TB M.2 Data drive, 1TB WD SATA drive, Zotac Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 Trinity 24GB - Nvidia 552.12 driver / 3 Samsung LC32G53TQWUXEN 32" 7680x1440 at 144Hz  / Win11 Pro Ver.  23H2 - Build 22631.3447 TIR 5, TM Warthog HOTAS\VirPil stick base, MFG V3 Crosswind Pedals, TM MFDs  on 2 8" Lilliputs/ Simgears ICP / Varjo Aero VR

Good to hear!

Now, have a lot of fun with DCS.

Edited by sharkfin61

sharkfin out!

Support your local AirTransportWing !

Roal Bavarian Airforce all the way

NEW RIGRYZEN 7  5800X3D~ AORUS GTX 1080Ti ~ AORUS X570S Elite AX ~64 GB Corsair Venegance DDR-4 3600 ~ BeQuiet AIO Silent loop 2 360  watercooled ~ Samsung 890 Pro M.2 (2TB) + 870 EVO (1TB) SSD ~ WIN 10 64-bit ~ AOC 31.5" Gaming 144Hz Display ~ DelanClip@TrackIR 5 ~ TM Warthog no.2 ~Saitek rudder pedals~ 2 TM MFDs on 2nd 27"display ~ Buddyfox A-10 UFC ~ CDU/AAP panel via DCSBios ~ ARC-210 (soldering WIP)

Lol, I started with Falcon 3! Still like BMS better as I play MP Campaigns but time will tell! Thanks for all your help, much appreciated! 

• Thanks 1

Asus Z790-PLUS D4, Corsair 1000X PS / Intel i9-13900KF @5.8Gz - Corsair H150i Liquid CPU cooler, 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @3192mhz / 2TB M.2 NvMe Boot Drive (DCS World Beta installed here), 1TB M.2 Data drive, 1TB WD SATA drive, Zotac Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 Trinity 24GB - Nvidia 552.12 driver / 3 Samsung LC32G53TQWUXEN 32" 7680x1440 at 144Hz  / Win11 Pro Ver.  23H2 - Build 22631.3447 TIR 5, TM Warthog HOTAS\VirPil stick base, MFG V3 Crosswind Pedals, TM MFDs  on 2 8" Lilliputs/ Simgears ICP / Varjo Aero VR

Is anyone having a problem with the Helios update rate since the export code was changed (1.6.3424.0)?  Ever since then the apparent framerate of my Helios has become really variable.  Sometimes (mostly when DCS is under very little load from mission objects) it's ok.  Most of the time however it seems to be updating about 2-4 times per seconds at best.  It's set to 15 updates per second in the profile editor, but changing this setting has no effect.  Manually editing lines 44, 47 and 51 in HeliosExport16.lua also has no effect.  I've tried disabling every other program running to see if there is a conflict but nothing makes a difference, and nothing changed other than the Helios update to cause the problem.  Does anyone have any ideas?

Here's a video of what it looks like (OBS capture, but looks the same with OBS not running)

I assume this was fixed in Helios.1.6.3425.0, no? The section of HeliosExport16.lua I have with the latest version is: 

HeliosExport16.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
18 hours ago, ak22 said:

Is it possible to get the MFD at the bottom corners on my mointor? (same screen i am playing on) to save me looking down and zooming in always.

You can position the MFDs to any addressable area on any monitor seen by Windows, so I would say yes, no problem.

12 hours ago, goofball said:

how do you do it? i've tried but the mfds appear to be transparent..

Not 100% clear but if you are seeing the DCS screen as the background in the MFDs? Try this - "In the Helios Interface dialog called "DCS Monitor Setup", click on the "plane and helicopter" on each of the extra monitors to turn them from "blue" i.e. included in the view of the sky to not blue"

Hey,

I've installed the most recent edition and installed the F18 profile and I've green ticks in "Interface status" except for one;

"DCS Monitor Setup" which has an orange triangle at with the following line "interface "DCS Additional Viewports" is providing additional viewport patches but this profile uses a third-party solution for those"

Also I get a similar error with the Helios Control Center;

{
 "Product": "Helios",
 "Version": "1.6.3426.4",
 "Items": [
   {
     "Report": [
       {
         "TimeStamp": "03/02/2021 07:49:11.929 am",
         "Status": "Helios 1.6.3426.0004\nhttps://github.com/HeliosVirtualCockpit/Helios/"
       },
       {
         "TimeStamp": "03/02/2021 07:53:15.470 am",
         "Status": "Loading Profile..."
       },
       {
         "TimeStamp": "03/02/2021 07:53:16.232 am",
         "Status": "Generated Export.lua stub is up to date for DCS",
         "Flags": 2
       },
       {
         "TimeStamp": "03/02/2021 07:53:16.234 am",
         "Status": "The configured DCS export script at '%USERPROFILE%\\Saved Games\\DCS\\Scripts\\Helios\\HeliosExport16.lua' is up to date",
       },
       {
         "TimeStamp": "03/02/2021 07:53:16.236 am",
         "Status": "The export module provided by Capt Zeen (Version 1) at '%USERPROFILE%\\Saved Games\\DCS\\Scripts\\Helios\\Mods\\Helios_F18C.lua' is up to date",
       },
       {
         "TimeStamp": "03/02/2021 07:53:16.242 am",
         "Severity": 1,
         "Status": "interface 'DCS Additional Viewports' is providing additional viewport patches but this profile uses a third-party solution for those",
         "Recommendation": "Remove the 'DCS Additional Viewports' interface since this profile is configured to expect a third-party solution to provide viewport modifications"
       },
       {
         "TimeStamp": "03/02/2021 07:53:16.273 am",
         "Status": "monitor setup file 'Helios.lua' in Saved Games\\DCS\\Config\\MonitorSetup is up to date",
       },
       {
         "TimeStamp": "03/02/2021 07:53:16.293 am",
         "Status": "Saved Games\\DCS\\Config\\options.lua has 'Resolution' set to 7680x1600",
         "Flags": 2,
         "Recommendation": "Using DCS, please make sure the 'Resolution' in the 'System' options is set to 6240x1600"
       },
       {
         "TimeStamp": "03/02/2021 07:53:16.293 am",
         "Status": "Saved Games\\DCS\\Config\\options.lua has 'Monitors' set to 'h_fa-18c_v3.1b'",
         "Flags": 2,
         "Recommendation": "Using DCS, please make sure 'Monitors' in the 'System' options is set to 'Helios'"
       },
       {
         "TimeStamp": "03/02/2021 07:53:18.783 am",
         "Status": "Running Profile"
       }
     ],
     "Name": "Control Center Console"
   }
 ]
}

Also I'm sure if related or not but in the tab "DCS Monitor Setup" the Status is "Monitor setup files need to be configured" (which is in red) and when I click on the "Configure" nothing happens.

Many thanks if you could look at the above, as I'm trying to get it up and running to keep main screen at 144Hz and the outputs to three other small screens to 60Hz (which is the small screen max Hz I think) and I think Helios might be just the solution needed.

Edited by 72hundred

DSC World

F/A-18C

A-10C

CPU: Intel i7-4770K @ 4.2Ghz

GPU: EVGA SCC ACX 2.0 - GTX 970 x 1

HD: 512Gb Samsung SSD 840 Pro

Monitor: Dell U2713HM 27"

Reference Monitor: iPad Air 9.7"

Headtracking: TrackIR 5.0

Headphone: Bose QC35 II (N/C On)

Mic: ModMic 5.0

Controls: Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS - Stick (A10C) and Throttle

Keyboard: Logitech G19S

Mouse: RAZER BASILISK

• 4 weeks later...

I noticed this on an older version of Helios 1.4 , I believe it was logged as  #197.  The initial state of a button is assumed to be "off" (and remains so) until it is cycled at least once, then it reads correctly.  Just tested with version 1.6.3504.0001 and I am still observing this behaviour at least on my machine.  Maybe only an issue if using a light to indicate a HOTAS switch position for example...  Does the newer version allow this to be an easy fix?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I have a quick question. Is there an option in Helios to assign a keyboard shortcuts to call up a specific panel?
I am currently using Capt. Zeens  Mi-8 profile on a touchscreen monitor and I need to switch between the different sub-panels. I want to use a keyboard shortcut to link to a voice command in Voice Attack. 
So f.e. when I say “Engines” Helios switches to the Engines panel.
Thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...

G'day all,  

After some help with Helios profiles. 

I have updated Helios to version 1.6 and am running windows 10. I'm using a 24in touchscreen for the profiles. When selecting any of the MFD buttons or the side panel buttons i flashes up and goes away, as if the buttons have a momentary action when pressed rather than a toggle action. If i use the mouse to select the the MFD or side panel switches it works fine. 

I have checked the switch settings in the profile editor and they're set to toggle. 

Anyone have seen this issue before or could point me in the right direction to fix it?  

Cheers,

Kirbs

• 3 weeks later...

Hello community,

I'm a New member (my first post) but an old simmer (39years old, starting on falcon 4 20 years ago).

In order to ease my learning path,  i décided to select à touchscreen and to use helios.

Setup was very easy thanks to helios 1.6 but when i tryed i discovered MFD are very dark (see attached picture) . Brightness of my screen is 100%. Brightness touch in the main screen works (right mfd).

But nothing works on capt zeen profile.

Do you have any idea ?

Screenshot_20210505_192124_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

• 2 months later...

any eta on the next update? 

at the moment the F14A is missing from the options for aircraft in the editor, so I cant get my pit build working. I think there's also been a few other aircraft released since the last update that are missing and it would be really cool to have an option to build a pit for "generic" or Basic" or something like that, something that lets us build a basic set of gauges and instruments for aircraft we haven't built pits for yet or aircraft like the a4 or f22 that are mod aircraft 

I love what you have done you have taken my simpit to a whole new level could not do it without Helios!!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for an update soon. please keep up the good work, you are awesome

heres my pit if your interested

Edited by PSYKOnz
  • Like 1

Tomcat, Tomcat über allen

no.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

• 2 weeks later...

I a m new with Helios, and I've managed to make my first instrument panel for and place them on a small secondary touch screen.... The next thing is that I wish that know how to do is like getting the show several instrument, for example 2 mfds with 1 single screen. I guess it will be using the layers.... And hiding lad or showing him. Perpendicular as? Where can I find information

Starting with Helios, i manage to make my own F-18 profile working. Since i don´t have a touchscreen, i only need some instruments extraction. But i can´t do it with the F-16C, because there is none interface for the F16. How do you add working F-16 gauges in this case? I can add the Fuel Flow indicator, but i can´t assign it an INPUT to that indicator. 😞

Is it even possible?

• 3 weeks later...

Greetings, derammo. I'm using an older version of DCS and regarding additional viewports Helios 1.6 said no compatible patches were found. So could I know exactly which file and where did Helios make the change?  I know it's mainly name but I still want an exemple so that I could do those patches manually myself. 

Or if somebody is kind enough to share their patched files of Ka-50 and F-18 that will be wonderful, I'll start from there .  

EDIT: I already got Derammo's response from Youtube regarding the matter and I'll quote it here to help the needed as well :  This isn't a good place to get support, but I guess since I happened to see your comment..... the oldest DCS currently supported by Helios is 2.5.6.49798. I guess if you are before that, you truly are using an "older" version. 🙂 The patch files are in "google diff match patch" format and are stored under " Plugins\Patches\DCS\..." in the installation folder where you installed Helios.

To understand the Google diff match patch format check here:

Unidiff · google/diff-match-patch Wiki · GitHub

Edited by Jacques Lees

Однажды испытав полет, ты будешь обречен ходить по земле с глазами, обращенными в небо - туда, где ты был и куда ты всегда будешь стремиться вернуться. - Leonardo Da Vinci

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...

Regarding my availability and a bunch of questions on here I never answered:

You might have noticed I never read this thread (or any threads on this forum) any more.   That's because I don't visit this forum in general.

I still answer questions on Capt Zeen's discord:
https://discord.gg/KHmkTXe

or if you have real technical Helios questions, on my discord:
https://discord.gg/Ypj7aUR

If you are on Zeen's discord, you will have seen the announcement that I am currently asking the community to support Helios development by joining my patreon.  I will post another update towards the end of the month to let you know if I had to wind down my involvement with this project in total.   In the meantime, please seek support on the discords instead of here.