Status of A-10C after A-10C II comes?

Terzi

What will happen to existing A-10C when the A-10C II comes? Will they be regarded as separate units and the old one flyable and supported still? Or is this module going to be supported only by past DCS version? Thanks.

[CENTER]

Signum_Signatur.png

[/CENTER]

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IIRC, ED said that they will be two separate modules. I don't know for sure if that has changed in the meantime, but I haven't heard anything different.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

IIRC, ED said that they will be two separate modules. I don't know for sure if that has changed in the meantime, but I haven't heard anything different.

Hopefully it'll be this.

One for the current A-10C and the modernised A-10C. Like what they did for the Kuznetsov.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

I definitely remember them saying that the new one will replace the current one in store, and you won't be able to purchase it anymore.

Edited by Minsky

Dima | My DCS uploads

I definitely remember them saying that the new one will replace the current one in store, and you won't be able to purchase it anymore.
Maybe, but that's not the same as saying that the current one won't be supported anymore, for current owners. They said that it's going to be an optional upgrade.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Maybe, but that's not the same as saying that the current one won't be supported anymore, for current owners. They said that it's going to be an optional upgrade.

Yeah, that's a good question. They might just label it as "compatible with 2.5.6 or earlier" and call it a day.

It's also unclear if you will be able to use both versions simultaneously after buying the upgrade. Something tells me that the answer is no.

Dima | My DCS uploads

Yeah, that's a good question. They might just label it as "compatible with 2.5.6 or earlier" and call it a day.

Christ alive i never thought of that...lets just hope its a hell of a long time before the newer version is rleased

If they're intending to kill off a mature, complete and well supported module and replace it with a new version with ZERO content!

Airbag_signatur.png

IIIRC, It was planned to replace A-10C Suite 3 in eShop/Steam, but A-10C Suite3 lives on in support and in A-10C II

IIRC A-10C II was to include both the Suite 3 and new Suite.

So you can keep A-10C Suite 3 and it will continue to be supported, or you can upgrade to A-10C II and have both.

DCS: A-10C Warthog 2

attachment.php?attachmentid=224294&stc=1&d=1578044842

Following the free A-10C cockpit update, we will be releasing A-10C Warthog 2 in 2020. This will be a dramatic visual and systems upgrade to our A-10C. Once the new features have been finalized, we look forward to sharing them with you.

In addition to DCS: A-10C Warthog 2 being available as a new module that will replace DCS: A-10C Warthog, it will also be available to existing A-10C Warthog owners at a significant discount.

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Christ alive i never thought of that...lets just hope its a hell of a long time before the newer version is rleased

If they're intending to kill off a mature, complete and well supported module and replace it with a new version with ZERO content!

Zero content? It’s not like it’s an entirely different aircraft with a different mission set. It’s the same aircraft with updated avionics.

People need to relax and just wait until ED officially says what the plan is. Jumping on virtual tables isn’t going to get anyone anywhere.

Zero content? It’s not like it’s an entirely different aircraft with a different mission set. It’s the same aircraft with updated avionics.

People need to relax and just wait until ED officially says what the plan is. Jumping on virtual tables isn’t going to get anyone anywhere.

A bitching sailor is a happy sailor.

Some New Images

Even more images can be found here: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/screenshots/572/

The newsletter will provide more information on the module in a few hours.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I think it will be handled in a similar way like the black shark. Users who already own the module will get a discount on the new upgrade, while new users are only able to buy the new version. The only difference i can see would be that the old model still gets a visual upgrade and is usable if you don't purchase the upgrade to the new module, while in black shark you were kinda forced to buy the upgrade to keep the ka50 playable within dcs world.

Specs:WIN10, I7-4790K, ASUS RANGER VII, 16GB G.Skill DDR3, GEFORCE 1080, NVME SSD, SSD, VIRPIL T-50 THROTTLE, K-51 COLLECTIVE, MS FFB2 (CH COMBATSTICK MOD), MFG CROSSWINDS, JETPAD, RIFT S

Modules:A10C, AH-64D, AJS-37, AV8B, BF109K4, CA, F/A18C, F14, F5EII, F86F, FC3, FW190A8, FW190D9, KA50, L39, M2000C, MI8TV2, MI24P, MIG15BIS, MIG19P, MIG21BIS, MIRAGE F1, P51D, SA342, SPITFIRE, UH1H, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, CHANNEL, SYRIA

Thrustmaster TWCS Afterburner Detent
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=223776

My Frankenwinder ffb2 stick

I think it will be handled in a similar way like the black shark. Users who already own the module will get a discount on the new upgrade, while new users are only able to buy the new version. The only difference i can see would be that the old model still gets a visual upgrade and is usable if you don't purchase the upgrade to the new module, while in black shark you were kinda forced to buy the upgrade to keep the ka50 playable within dcs world.

it would be more like the BS2 to BS3 Upgrade.

BS3 includes new systems and functionality.

BS1 to BS2 was to go from Standalone to DCSW Compatible Build.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

I don't call getting:

- Scorpion HMD

- New SATCOM Radio

- Laser Maverick

- APKWS Laser Guided Rockets

- GBU-54 LJDAM

ZERO content. Maybe check your facts first!!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Obviously existing content won't work with a completely different aircraft.

If (as happened with Blackshark 2...and in exactly the same scanario...new paid for add-on/reduced cost to existing owners) they stop supporting the old A10...do you really beieve existing DLC/user-made campaigns will be updated to be compatible with a (now outdated and no longer available module) particularly as you'd need to roll back your game version to a previous one to make it work at all!

Blimey...the A10C is still CURRENT and some of the DLC i've bought for it no longer works...(OPF/Stone Shield being prime examples...haven't tried EW 3.0 with the current version yet)

So yes, no historic content for your current A10C seems a given...ED won't release any content for the new A10C...as its an anathema to its visualisation of a combat flight sim (IE: ideally no combat unless people want to SPAMRAAM each other) and we're reliant on mission creators going back to the A10C and releasing new content for what is essentially (HMCS/APKWS notwithstanding) the 2nd oldest module in the plane set...

Look at User Files...how much A10C stuff is uploaded currently (then filter in how much GOOD A10C stuff is released currently)

We're not going to be swamped are we...

Airbag_signatur.png

I don't call getting:

- Scorpion HMD

- New SATCOM Radio

- Laser Maverick

- APKWS Laser Guided Rockets

- GBU-54 LJDAM

ZERO content. Maybe check your facts first!!!

That's not CONTENT - is it? That's a plane module

CONTENT = Paid for and/or free Quality Campaigns and Missions

Yes, it'll still be available to use as a Cockpit/Switchology simulator (ED's preferred vision for DCS us) but there'll be nothing to DO will there?

Airbag_signatur.png

If you want to take “they sky is falling” approach , with zero proof, instead of being happy we’re getting some new toys for the A-10C so be it.

Obviously existing content won't work with a completely different aircraft.

If (as happened with Blackshark 2...and in exactly the same scanario...new paid for add-on/reduced cost to existing owners) they stop supporting the old A10...do you really beieve existing DLC/user-made campaigns will be updated to be compatible with a (now outdated and no longer available module) particularly as you'd need to roll back your game version to a previous one to make it work at all!

Blimey...the A10C is still CURRENT and some of the DLC i've bought for it no longer works...(OPF/Stone Shield being prime examples...haven't tried EW 3.0 with the current version yet)

So yes, no historic content for your current A10C seems a given...ED won't release any content for the new A10C...as its an anathema to its visualisation of a combat flight sim (IE: ideally no combat unless people want to SPAMRAAM each other) and we're reliant on mission creators going back to the A10C and releasing new content for what is essentially (HMCS/APKWS notwithstanding) the 2nd oldest module in the plane set...

Look at User Files...how much A10C stuff is uploaded currently (then filter in how much GOOD A10C stuff is released currently)

We're not going to be swamped are we...

I'm in, my wallet may be taking a pounding this year, but I love the A-10, Helmet capability, man that'll give me a headache of new things to learn, I get senior moments as it is when in the F-18, F-16 but that's life. Can't get too much of a good thing. Glad I bought the original when it came out, will be happy to keep the whole game rolling, we live in great times when it comes to these sims.

If you want to take “they sky is falling” approach , with zero proof, instead of being happy we’re getting some new toys for the A-10C so be it.
I was/am prepared to be happy about a NEW A10C module - it probably would have slotted right alongside the Syria map as my next purchase - IF it had been a new module to tinker with occasionally like I for sh*ts and giggles occasionally dabble with the Harrier and the Hornet

If it ever leaves early access AND had a full and complete suite of purchased/user created content to support it...it would eventually supplant the DCS module I currently enjoy (The A10C)

As it is, "rumour" or "jungle drums" seem to indicate that ED might well dump it into the game in a semi-finished state with ZERO playable content whilst simultaneously dropping and then fairly rapidly (given the historic progression of DCS updates) crippling the Module I currently have and enjoy along with the multiple paid for DLCs i purchased for it (7 campaigns at last count)

So we'll get something un-usable except for multi-player/messing around and lose one of the few finished, functioning and content supported modules...

I don't call it a cause for celebration...

ED/DCS does apppear to be the only extant game i own (amongst many that have cost me a fortune in DLC/content modules) over the years...that feel its quite acceptable to just "trash" things you've bought historically...

It does just make you wonder if for all its great points I'd be better off just getting rid of DCS and focusing on a more customer responsive title...

**I've come back to edit this...I remembered Cliffs Of Dover eventially trashing all the desastersoft paid-for campaigns - so, fairly comparable - but look what happened to CLoD its not really extant except as a mod-group released semi-commercial add-on to sit alongside the BoX series...**

Edited by jasonbirder

Airbag_signatur.png

Whatever the case ends up being, I hope we're able to keep our old A-10's. I'll pay for a new A-10CII, no problem. Just don't want to lose the crate I've got so many hours in, sentimental and all. :)

"These are NOT 1 to 1 replicas of the real aircraft, there are countless compromises made on each of them" - Senior ED Member

Modules - Damn near all of them (no Christian Eagle or Yak)

System - i7-12700K, 64Gig DDR4 3200 RAM, RTX-3080, 3 32" monitors at 5760 x 1080, default settings of High (minor tweaks)

Honestly I don't know if I want to have two different versions of the A10C, then also the Flaming Cliffs A10A, its too much. I hope there will be a way to take one or the other, upgrade or not. They said in their little blurb that you can change the A10C II to fit any time the A10 was flown, or something like that.