Racer and Virtualnavairops F-14D model.

Nice Sir_trooper.

Just an idea. I know that what ever we do to lock on, we cannot model the wing sweep on the F-14 the way we would like it to be. However, we can do put the flap animation on the wing sweep (as mentioned) and, as sir trooper mentioned, the slats can also be an animation. My idea combines these two. The wings are swept back when flaps are up, swept half way forward when flaps are down, and all the way forward when flaps and slats are down. This gives moving wings, control over their sweep, and somewhat realistic procedures (It's not perfect, but if you have a better idea, share it)

just my 2 cents.

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

Hey everyone,

I have just a few more days till I am completed on my current project and I will be hitting the F-14D hard.

Those are some nice suggestions for the wing sweep aurg's. :smartass:

I will keep up to date posts coming this way as we move along towards completion of the project.

That is awesome news Racer. And a terrific looking boat. Its good to know that the D is in talented hands.

MadMax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Proud founder of VNAO and current deck jockey with VFA-103:pilotfly::pilotfly:

By far the best way I have heard for this thus far Aeroscout.

I will be setting it up this way unless there are strong objections or a better idea.

No objections here...

Max

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Proud founder of VNAO and current deck jockey with VFA-103:pilotfly::pilotfly:

Racer, with the new model will the refueling probe be correct for the Tomcat in game? Since the Tomcat will be going over the Su-33 model, the 33 has the refueling probe on the left. The Tomcat's is on the right. Is the possible to have this correct in the game or will the game not allow it?

"use's idea presented to me."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You'd have to figure out the argument (I would assume) for the refuelling probe, because it "lines" up with the basket in the sim.

LOMAC Section| | Gaming Resume (PDF) | Gallery | Flanker2.51 Storage Site |

Also known as Flanker562 back in the day...

Steam ID EricJ562 | DCS: A-10A/C Pilot | DCS: Su-25T Pilot | Texture Artist

"...parade ground soldiers always felt that way (contempt) about killers in uniform." -Counting The Cost, Hammer's Slammers

Alot of things would brah, but there's other things like the animation in the cockpit view, etc. etc. i.e. more support but then again, you'd have to probably just make it very unrealistic, and try and "flip" the probe. But if you had the arguments... yeah it'd make it easier as you wouldn't have to remodel things.

"...parade ground soldiers always felt that way (contempt) about killers in uniform." -Counting The Cost, Hammer's Slammers

I would think the pickup point could be adjusted in lets say the draw.info.lua or some file like that.

I know you can move the smoke exit coordinate points around in space so if you could find the correct command line in the right lua file, I would imagine you could move the refueling pickup piont in X-Y-Z in some file somewhere like you can do for the weapons. (Which will have to be done also to get them to match up to the new models pickup points.

So in the cockpit you would be hooking up visually on the left side you would see the F-14D refueling probe extend out. You would most likely also have to move the fueling basket coordinates so that it looks like it connects up the the right fuel probe. This final option may not be possible as I believe the basket is tied to the refuling plane model and thus you would reqire a new refueler also. NOT!!!!!!!

Of course, another option here would be to swap the stairs and the fuel probe on the D to the other side of the model. Just throwing it out there........This would most likely be the quickest and easiest solution. I could move the models probe slightly to match up exactly to the SU-33 position so it would look and act like an exact hook up. From the exterior view it would look great.

As you can see, there is way more then just animating and textureing a model to get this whole thing to come together correctly.

Dumb question perhaps, but if you can do advanced animations and manipulations, why not stick the D over the ai 14 (which has automatic wing sweep) and add the arrestor hook to that?

Oh and while you're at it, please do a US cockpit with a US radar :D

Dumb question perhaps, but if you can do advanced animations and manipulations, why not stick the D over the ai 14 (which has automatic wing sweep) and add the arrestor hook to that?

Oh and while you're at it, please do a US cockpit with a US radar :D

Well, because the wing sweep is only for AI's, and you can't add arrestor hook to a plane, if it's AI. Only for the Su-33. About the cockpit and the radar. The cockpit is a lot of work and heck, it's hard, and you can't make the MFD/HUD. And you can't add cockpit to an AI plane. And theres no way to make an APG-71 radar, because all things like that is hardcoded.

A.K.A Csocso

I would think the pickup point could be adjusted in lets say the draw.info.lua or some file like that.

I know you can move the smoke exit coordinate points around in space so if you could find the correct command line in the right lua file, I would imagine you could move the refueling pickup piont in X-Y-Z in some file somewhere like you can do for the weapons. (Which will have to be done also to get them to match up to the new models pickup points.

So in the cockpit you would be hooking up visually on the left side you would see the F-14D refueling probe extend out. You would most likely also have to move the fueling basket coordinates so that it looks like it connects up the the right fuel probe. This final option may not be possible as I believe the basket is tied to the refuling plane model and thus you would reqire a new refueler also. NOT!!!!!!!

Of course, another option here would be to swap the stairs and the fuel probe on the D to the other side of the model. Just throwing it out there........This would most likely be the quickest and easiest solution. I could move the models probe slightly to match up exactly to the SU-33 position so it would look and act like an exact hook up. From the exterior view it would look great.

As you can see, there is way more then just animating and textureing a model to get this whole thing to come together correctly.

The easy part is lining up the weapon, the hard part is lining up the refuelling basket. Get wth Yeniceri on getting the refuelling points, as I believe either he's just modelling it in the exact spot, or may have figured it out, as moving the ladder and probe would be a waste of time and consume alot of it.

I just watched some animation of the ship in modelviewer, and wrote them down.

1.-radar's rotation

17.-rear-left missle launcher horizontial rotate

18.-same vertical

19.-rear-right m.l. hor.

20.-same ver.

21.-front r. m.l. hor.

22.-same ver.

57.-rear-l. elevator

58.-rear-r. elevator

59.-front elevator

60.-frontest elevator

61.-jet blast detector 1.

62.-2.

63.-3.

64.-4.

69.-light system

70.-rear damage

71.-deck damage

76.-3th, 4th jet blast detector damage

79.-tower damage

82.-deck damage-2

88.-2nd JBD damage

89.-1st JBD...

94.-front l. damage

95.-front r. damage

I hope it's useful, it was a half hour to spot these things. :)

Somewhere there's the cables args too betwen 0-105. I spotted it too late to write it down.

A.K.A Csocso