At Arms Length mission

Hey, in this mission whenever I fire my JSOS at the hangers they just get shot down by short range SAM. Is this meant to be happening?

As the brief warns you need to keep your distance. If you go closer than 40 miles to the target the SAM site will go into red alert and will then more than likely shoot the JSO down. So keep more than 40 or 45 miles to be safe from the target. Interestingly when the mission was first designed the JSO's were never shot down but that changed with an update.

The challenge with this mission is to get close enough to release the weapon but far enough away from the target not for them to go into red alert. Dependant on your position and speed of release it could be that you have to release the weapons in part and then turn reposition to release the balance. But keep your distance to above 40 miles or 45miles to be safe. You will know when you have activated them as they will start launching.

Don't forget about precise coordinates and the correct format to use as set out in the brief.

Good luck

Edited by Glyn

F/A-18C Campaigns : The Serpent’s Head / The Serpent’s Head 2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

As the brief warns you need to keep your distance. If you go closer than 40 miles to the target the SAM site will go into red alert and will then more than likely shoot the JSO down. So keep more than 40 or 45 miles to be safe from the target. Interestingly when the mission was first designed the JSO's were never shot down but that changed with an update.

The challenge with this mission is to get close enough to release the weapon but far enough away from the target not for them to go into red alert. Dependant on your position and speed of release it could be that you have to release the weapons in part and then turn reposition to release the balance. But keep your distance to above 40 miles or 45miles to be safe. You will know when you have activated them as they will start launching.

Don't forget about precise coordinates and the correct format to use as set out in the brief.

Good luck

Okay thanks for your response. I'll give it another go

• 2 months later...

I have played this one 3 times, i do as fast as i can and still i get a message "you have failed to execute stage 2 of the mission" i do as fast as i can to insert target 4 precise coordinates waypoint and still i get this messages. Has anything to do with my a/c distance from the target? I am asking bwecause i drop the final jsow and i get the hell out of there fast so sam won't detect me and shoot down the jsow.

Asus Z370-A | Intel i7 8700K @5.0GHz | Deepcool Maelstrom 120T Red | G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA 1080ti 11GB SC2 | Kingston A2000 250GB NVMe 250GB for Windows 10 64-bit Pro OS, | Samsung 840PRO 120GB SSD & WD HDD 1TB & WD HDD 500GB for program files | 3x LG 24" IPS monitors | Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | Thrustmaster FCS throttle and pedals | HP Reverb Pro, Oculus Rift CV1 (any many more stuff non flight sim related :helpsmilie:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have played this one 3 times, i do as fast as i can and still i get a message "you have failed to execute stage 2 of the mission" i do as fast as i can to insert target 4 precise coordinates waypoint and still i get this messages. Has anything to do with my a/c distance from the target? I am asking bwecause i drop the final jsow and i get the hell out of there fast so sam won't detect me and shoot down the jsow.

HI Gregkar

It all about distance and of course the height you need to give you your range.

You don't need to get out of the area so far. As long as you stay 40 or maybe at a push 35 miles away from the target you will be ok. The amount of time you are there does not make any difference it is distance only that matters. You are running to far. You need to stay within 75 to 80 miles away from the target . Any further and you will get a fail as it thinks you are going home without the kill.

Hope this helps

F/A-18C Campaigns : The Serpent’s Head / The Serpent’s Head 2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

Thank you very much! Will try again!

Asus Z370-A | Intel i7 8700K @5.0GHz | Deepcool Maelstrom 120T Red | G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA 1080ti 11GB SC2 | Kingston A2000 250GB NVMe 250GB for Windows 10 64-bit Pro OS, | Samsung 840PRO 120GB SSD & WD HDD 1TB & WD HDD 500GB for program files | 3x LG 24" IPS monitors | Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | Thrustmaster FCS throttle and pedals | HP Reverb Pro, Oculus Rift CV1 (any many more stuff non flight sim related :helpsmilie:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]