Seeking Shark Mouth Perfection for the A-10C :)

Hi,

I've made as good use as possible of this kind user's Shark Mouth for the A-10C livery that I'm working on.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/86359/

The only bits I need to colour-in black are highlighted in the attached pics.

Can somebody point-out which areas of which templates (~A-L) I can find the sections enclosed in the blue lines of the attachment pics?

Also, I'm a basic-level photoshop user. What would be a good tactic to tackle this bit?

I'm thinking about turning off all top layers to isolate the group or layer, paint it black, then reshow all layers above. Sound good?

Thanks! :)

SeekingSharkMouthPerfection1.PNG.f152f6b0b98aa1bbca00f53fd3ffce41.PNG

SeekingSharkMouthPerfection2.PNG.8ac586c426182f4764103a30cba60b6a.PNG

Try overlaying a UV map and have a look at the model with the map in modelviewer. Google 'UV map grid' and import one of the images into PS as the top layer of your livery. I use the first one from the google results, useful for hard-to-find parts of skins.

If you just want to colour that marked part in black, just draw a filled rectangle, providing it won't overlap any other part of the texture, or use the the path tool and fill. I don't know about the A-10 textures, but if the cannon isn't part of the fuselage you'll have to paint that too and align it.

It’s hidden on one of the other dds files.

I’ll have a look tomorrow but I can say it’s not on the A file.

From memory it’s in the top right area of maybe the B or C.

Edit: it got the better of me.

It’s on the C file top right about 1/5 the way down. Look for two long parts with a line of screws/rivets on each.

Edited by Helles Belle

Send lawyers, guns and money......... for the …. has hit the fan.

Windows 10 Home 64-bit | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core Processor | RAM: Corsair 32.0GB Dual-Channel | MOBO: ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING (AM4) | GPU: MSI G271CQP on NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 | SSD: Samsung SSD 860 EVO 2TB & Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB for Gaming

CH Fightersick - Pro Throttle - Pro Pedals | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar x 3 | Buddy Fox A-10C UFC

image.jpeg

Have a look at this paint. It should get you started.

From memory the originals didn’t have some of it painted so I redid them.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3300836/

This isn’t the same mouth as you’re doing but hopefully gets you going in the right direction.

Edited by Helles Belle

Send lawyers, guns and money......... for the …. has hit the fan.

Windows 10 Home 64-bit | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core Processor | RAM: Corsair 32.0GB Dual-Channel | MOBO: ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING (AM4) | GPU: MSI G271CQP on NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 | SSD: Samsung SSD 860 EVO 2TB & Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB for Gaming

CH Fightersick - Pro Throttle - Pro Pedals | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar x 3 | Buddy Fox A-10C UFC

image.jpeg