DCS 2.7 shader edits

Love this MOD, been playing a little with it. The only thing that I've noticed is that with reasonable winds the whitecaps on the sea seem to have a slightly odd repeated "swirl" type pattern. I'll try and grab a screenshot or two. But I'm guessing this is probably a limitiation of the DCS engine. That said, still a great MOD, so thankyou!! :thumbup:

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

Love this MOD, been playing a little with it. The only thing that I've noticed is that with reasonable winds the whitecaps on the sea seem to have a slightly odd repeated "swirl" type pattern. I'll try and grab a screenshot or two. But I'm guessing this is probably a limitiation of the DCS engine. That said, still a great MOD, so thankyou!! :thumbup:

I think I'll revert the whitecaps on waves to the default soon as they do appear to cause issue as you say, I'll be updated the package shortly to address that along with a couple of other things :)

Thanks Mustang. Only criticism I have tbh, and it's minor quite frankly. The rest of the changes are cracking

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

Thanks a million, Mustang

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

Hello, Mustang:

Can you see any degradation in performance with these shaders?

When I apply version 1.02 with the settings I usually use, drops below 40 fps are excessive. And the times when it used to reach 80 fps have been drastically reduced, even in F2 views with the TOMCAT - although it used to be able to do that.

All of this is verified in a mission that I always reproduce after every change of version or mod that I apply, to make a comparison as objective as possible.

Perhaps ED is looking to improve performance in that closer, more blurry horizon. So when you go back to the horizon with the mod, performance suffers...

In fact from some updates some time ago - maybe even before the release of version 2.5.6, I notice that the Caucasian trees are starting to be represented closer than they were before. However I haven't changed the visibility range or the tree visibility parameter in the SIM options, so another attempt at performance improvement by ED?

would this make sense?

Edited by CaptYosi

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ryzen 3700X, RTX 2080, 32GB 3600MHz, W10 64 & Rift S

Gotta try this today asap!!

damn work!! :(

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

After updated 1.01 to 1.02 and now 1.02 to 1.03 I did not have slight delay on loading after installing these files for some shaders have to be recompiled in fxo folder..

Is it normal ?

When I updated from 1.00 to 1.01 I had delay.

Окурок, выброшенный в урну, гораздо патриотичнее флажочка на автомобиле

TM Wartrhog Stick + VPC MongoosT-50Base + VPC TMW Extension 150mm / TM Wartrhog Throttle / CH Pro Pedals / 2-VPC Deck Mount / TrackIR5/

i5-10600K Over to 5.0MHz/32GbDD4-3200/RTX4070/System-SSD1 DCS-SSD2/32" 2560x1440

Thank You for the mod! :thumbup:

I can confirm, the mod ver. 1.03 is full IC pass and also have a nice bonus: ~0,20-0,25 ms gain on GPU frametime!

...and unfortunatelly negative bonus ~0,3ms on CPU frametime, but it can be very well compensated by Kegetys Mod, even by the Lite IC pass version.

(measured by fpsVR frametime record function)

it is pity, that DCS do not implement both mods as an option... :(

Edited by wju

i7-7820X@4.5Ghz; GPU 3080Ti, 64GB RAM, HP Reverb G2; VKB Ultimate stick; VIRPIL Throttle; Slaw Pedals; custom AX&BTN BOX

After updated 1.01 to 1.02 and now 1.02 to 1.03 I did not have slight delay on loading after installing these files for some shaders have to be recompiled in fxo folder..

Is it normal ?

When I updated from 1.00 to 1.01 I had delay.

Yes it's fine and normal, the shader files changed in the latter versions do not need recompile.

Whitecaps

Hi,

I'm still seeing repeating patterns on the whitecaps from altitude using 1.02. Is this just a fact of life for the DCS engine? Everything else looks far better than the current stock DCS visuals. :thumbup:

Regards,

Z

Screen_200729_193414.thumb.jpg.6498e6672aa2aaa21d6e0dd75a56665a.jpg

How does it work with Kegetys VR shaders?

First copy all Kegetys shaders and then copy over all these? or vice versa?

works very well, although I use "IC pass" version of kegety´s mod

i7-7820X@4.5Ghz; GPU 3080Ti, 64GB RAM, HP Reverb G2; VKB Ultimate stick; VIRPIL Throttle; Slaw Pedals; custom AX&BTN BOX