DCS Fail to boot/ black screen

WrngBBQ

Hello all,

I recently updated to ob 2.5.6.52437, but DCS seems to fail to boot every time I try to launch it. It fails to authorize a few AI aircraft “dlc”s that I’ve never seen/ hear of it needing to authorize before, then shows the splash screen but gets stuck on the following black screen. The log spat out an error about failing to initialize the GUI; I’ll attach the log when I get back to my computer. I’ve tried a few repairs and resetting the options.lua file, but neither have worked. Any other ideas would be appreciated.

Hello, I suggest you:

1. Close the game then rename your C:\Users\your_name\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta folder as "DCS.openbeta_old".

2. Launch the game and see if it works fine (wait for the main menu to show up, and launch a quick mission).

3. If it works, copy the content of your C:\Users\your_name\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta_old\Config\Input into the new C:\Users\your_name\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config\Input folder.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

Sorry for the delayed response, I was away from my computer for a little while. I did as you suggested, and got the same result as before (Stuck on the black screen after the logo splash screen). This time however, all of the aircraft I downloaded and subsequently removed for the free trial period failed authorization, which was interesting. I've attached the log.txt file here from that launch as well.

dcs.log

I think I've just found what the error is about. It seems to be linked to the April free download period.

For some reason, DCS forbids you to use the native VoiceChat feature of the game, just like if it was a module that you don't possess.

2020-07-26 00:16:27.547 ERROR SECURITYCONTROL: Manifest check failed for file 'coremods/services/voicechat/bin/voicechat.dll'

2020-07-26 00:16:27.547 WARNING SECURITYCONTROL: IC fail: coremods/services/voicechat/bin/voicechat.dll

2020-07-26 00:16:27.548 ERROR SECURITYCONTROL: Manifest 'coremods/services/voicechat/dcs_manifest.bin' failed 1 file checks.

[...]

2020-07-26 00:16:31.500 WARNING DCS: Not Authorized, no registry path: ./CoreMods/services/VoiceChat

2020-07-26 00:16:31.500 INFO Scripting: plugin: SKIPPED 'VoiceChat': not authorized

Subsequently, when the game tries to load the VoiceChat feature, it fails. The game then tries to shut itself down.

2020-07-26 00:17:16.089 ALERT Dispatcher: Error starting Game GUI: [string "./MissionEditor/modules/mul_voicechat.lua"]:19: module 'VoiceChat' not found:

no field package.preload['VoiceChat']

no file './dxgui/bind/VoiceChat.lua'

no file './dxgui/loader/VoiceChat.lua'

no file './dxgui/skins/skinME/VoiceChat.lua'

no file './dxgui/skins/common/VoiceChat.lua'

no file './MissionEditor/VoiceChat.lua'

no file './MissionEditor/modules/VoiceChat.lua'

no file './Scripts/VoiceChat.lua'

no file './LuaSocket/VoiceChat.lua'

no file './Scripts/UI/VoiceChat.lua'

no file './Scripts/UI/Multiplayer/VoiceChat.lua'

no file './Scripts/DemoScenes/VoiceChat.lua'

no file './MAC_Gui/VoiceChat.lua'

no file './dxgui/skins/common/VoiceChat.lua'VoiceChat

no file '.\lua-VoiceChat.dll'

no file '.\VoiceChat.dll'

no file 'D:\DCS World OpenBeta\bin\lua-VoiceChat.dll'

no file 'D:\DCS World OpenBeta\bin\VoiceChat.dll'

2020-07-26 00:17:16.089 INFO EDCORE: (dDispatcher)enterToState_:2

2020-07-26 00:18:42.425 INFO DCS: application shutdown

I've just found that you're not alone in this. I've looked for the "VoiceChat.lua'VoiceChat" string in the forum search engine, and I've found two other cases: here and here.

Can you please try the cleanup and repair procedure?

If this does't work, we'll try Sneeki's solution.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

I've tried to clean up and repair my install a few times and it didn't seem to work. I then tried to roll back, first to the version of dcs just prior to the end of the free period ending, but it doesn't seem to be available on the servers any more. I then to the previous version of the open beta, but the updater dialog after running the command simply says that the installed version is up to date, then quits. I'm considering just doing a complete reinstall.

I've actually been able to get it to launch (hooray!) by updating to stable then reverting to open beta. The launcher still says that I'm missing F-14b ai, Christen Eagle ai and Mig 21 ai, which is currently breaking my integrity check.

Hello,

I removed the core mods folder and performed another repair, then tried to launch dcs. I did not get any "failed to authorize" messages, however the same problem of getting on the black screen after the splash screen is now back. I've attached the log file. Thanks so much again for helping me to figure out whats going on.

dcs.log

• ED Team
2020-07-28 22:29:52.986 ALERT Dispatcher: Error starting Game GUI: [string "./MissionEditor/modules/mul_voicechat.lua"]:19: module 'VoiceChat' not found:

no field package.preload['VoiceChat']

no file './dxgui/bind/VoiceChat.lua'

no file './dxgui/loader/VoiceChat.lua'

no file './dxgui/skins/common/VoiceChat.lua'

no file './MissionEditor/VoiceChat.lua'

no file './MissionEditor/modules/VoiceChat.lua'

no file './Scripts/VoiceChat.lua'

no file './LuaSocket/VoiceChat.lua'

no file './Scripts/UI/VoiceChat.lua'

no file './Scripts/UI/Multiplayer/VoiceChat.lua'

no file './Scripts/DemoScenes/VoiceChat.lua'

no file './MAC_Gui/VoiceChat.lua'

no file './dxgui/skins/common/VoiceChat.lua'VoiceChat

no file '.\lua-VoiceChat.dll'

no file '.\VoiceChat.dll'

no file 'D:\DCS World OpenBeta\bin\lua-VoiceChat.dll'

no file 'D:\DCS World OpenBeta\bin\VoiceChat.dll'

2020-07-28 22:29:52.986 INFO EDCORE: (dDispatcher)enterToState_:2

Please follow the crash advice below in my signature.

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 4 months later...

Just to share my experience on this issue.

DCS fail to boot (only at the 2nd session once PC is started), completely black screen and theme music keeps playing.

- only happened after buying and installing Mi-8 MTV2 a couple days ago and : only if I use the Mi-8 MTV2 wallpaper.

After some 7 or 8 sessions using a wallpaper other than the Mi-8's, DCS starts without any problem so far.

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

...forget the wallpaper.

It was probably the 'options.lua' file and the 'full screen' option... I suppose.

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB