DCS: F-16C Viper Features Ranking Survey

Wags

• ED Team

Dear DCS Pilots,

attachment.php?attachmentid=243301&stc=1&d=1595601762

We would like to take this opportunity to discuss DCS: F-16C Viper features in order

to provide an achievable and transparent plan for 2020 and beyond. As we did with the F/A-18C Hornet, we are creating a development roadmap for DCS: F-16C Viper. This is an important step in prioritizing your wishes and we encourage you to take part in the DCS: F-16C Viper Features Ranking Survey:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeWg2bdWlQ_bB1HuuGFPwjoDmBQQHlL3WkCd_ksqM0Hi_nL6Q/viewform

Thank you and kind regards,

The Eagle Dynamics Team

• Like 1

Too bad you have to jump through a bunch of sign in hoops through Google to participate.....

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA97XSLI

Core i7 4790 @ 4.0 Ghz

MSI GTX 1080ti

32 Mb RAM DDR3-2133

512GB SSD for DCS

HP Reverb VR HMD

Thrustmaster Warthog & MFG Crosswind

No hoops here.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus MOBO||Ryzen 9 3900X 12 Core, 24 Thread Processor || MSI GTX 1070Ti 8GB GPU OverClocked || 32GB GSKILL DDR4 RAM @3600 || Samsung 1TB SSD || Samsung 250GB SSD || WD Caviar Black 2TB HDD || WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD || Thermaltake ToughPower GF1 850W PS || Thermaltake Tower || Windows 10 Pro 64bit || Thrustmaster Warthog and Cougar sticks, throttles and MFDs || Saitek Rudder Pedals || Trackir 5 ||

So you require a google account to participate...What is the reason for this?

Marvin "Cactus" Palmer

DCS:World 2.5(ob)

Gigabyte Z390 Designare i7-9700K (4.6GHz), 32Gb RAM (3600MHz), GTX2070, 40" 1080p Monitor, TM Warthog, Saitek Rudder pedals,TM Cougar MFD, and an ipad.

I don't really fly the 16 much so I just put..

Cockpit View Pilot Model, Landing and takeoff handling tuning, Travel Pod, Animated Tail Hook and Air Show Smoke Pods as most important so I don't mess with the importance level of other stuff...

I'm just kidding I didn't do that :).

I didn't answer any of them because I don't fly it enough to know what's both "actually useful" and "missing" :).

;)

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

No hoops here, nice and simple!

Awesome stuff ED :thumbup:

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

• ED Team

What do you even mean by "FCS bit animations"? Does that mean it's just an eye candy and nothing's actually checked? Does it mean there aren't even any plans for better damage model and ability to e.g. damage servos without completely breaking them? Because in that case any checks are pointless to implement.

Also why is a lot of rudimentary, basic avionics functionality that should have been there at launch is listed in this poll?... of course there will be people who just came here from some arcade environment and will vote in favour of JSOWs instead of basic fuel planning and navigation functionality, survivability and countermeasures, emergency provisions (like alternative gear extension for flameouts)... why do you even list stuff like this, just do it, it should be priority instead of "moar weapons" that can't even be properly utilized due to lack of avionics provisions. I hope the results of this poll will be taken as nothing more than a suggestion, or it will be Hornet all over again, we'll have stuff like JSOWs that most MP servers outright ban before stuff as important as the TGP or steerpoints...

What do you even mean by "FCS bit animations"? Does that mean it's just an eye candy and nothing's actually checked? Does it mean there aren't even any plans for better damage model and ability to e.g. damage servos without completely breaking them? Because in that case any checks are pointless to implement.

Also why is a lot of rudimentary, basic avionics functionality that should have been there at launch is listed in this poll?... of course there will be people who just came here from some arcade environment and will vote in favour of JSOWs instead of basic fuel planning and navigation functionality, survivability and countermeasures, emergency provisions (like alternative gear extension for flameouts)... why do you even list stuff like this, just do it, it should be priority instead of "moar weapons" that can't even be properly utilized due to lack of avionics provisions. I hope the results of this poll will be taken as nothing more than a suggestion, or it will be Hornet all over again, we'll have stuff like JSOWs that most MP servers outright ban before stuff as important as the TGP or steerpoints...

I'm pretty sure the bit isn't ever going to fail for the FCS anyhow... Unless you turn on random failures then maybe like once in your life? That said... I'm pretty sure that they're just talking about the animation of the control surfaces during the BIT... like with the F/18. You run the FCS Bit and without the stick flailing about in the cockpit... the surfaces test themselves. I'm thinking that the 16 does the same thing... but they just don't have the surfaces "logically" hooked to the requests of the BIT at the moment... so you don't see the surfaces move when the BIT is happening. Way to assume all sorts of negative stuff with no base there man :). Chill out dude :). I mean yeah... I'm assuming all sorts of positive stuff in the same way :)... but I'll bet I'm right :).

"basic avionics functionality that should have been there at launch"

Ehh... It hasn't launched yet sir. If you've purchased the 16 then it was stated all over the place during your purchase that this was "Early Access".

As far as actual priorities... Yeah I agree with you :). But...

ED has done it your way in the past generally and they constantly get flamed for not implementing some neat feature that the average folks who just do ME missions starting at bandit's 6 want...

So... Now ED gives everyone a vote. I'm from America and even I know that's not always the best path to the most optimal situation :). People have to be "informed" for that to work :). They mostly aren't though... They vote based on shiny, pretty and neat... in that order as far as I can tell :).

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

+1 :thumbup:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Something to consider for all ED aircraft, not just viper. Stores overloading is completely absent. F15, F16, F18, F5....etc. In pretty much all ED modules it is impossible to over-G your stores/tanks/pods. If ED is really trying to be the best, it would be a gross oversight to not include this.

Dear DCS Pilots,

attachment.php?attachmentid=243301&stc=1&d=1595601762

We would like to take this opportunity to discuss DCS: F-16C Viper features in order

to provide an achievable and transparent plan for 2020 and beyond. As we did with the F/A-18C Hornet, we are creating a development roadmap for DCS: F-16C Viper. This is an important step in prioritizing your wishes and we encourage you to take part in the DCS: F-16C Viper Features Ranking Survey:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeWg2bdWlQ_bB1HuuGFPwjoDmBQQHlL3WkCd_ksqM0Hi_nL6Q/viewform

Thank you and kind regards,

The Eagle Dynamics Team

Hoops here. No google account, your opinion also doesn't count.

Thanks for asking your customers as to what their particular preferences are. This is a good initiative Wags/ED.

My personal emphasis was on standoff weapons. F-16C cannot easily defeat SA-6/SA-11/SA-10 with current munitions. SHORAD can be taken on from high alt, but not the better defended targets (and warships).

So pretty please get the standoff weapons done. Then the other features can come in a more luxurious timeframe. Edit: The Maverick is the most versatile of the stand-off weapons, get the AGM-65D or G IR versions done and the Viper can do SEAD/DEAD, CAS, Anti-Armour, Anti-Ship, budget reconnaissance with the seeker etc.

ps. I had no problem doing the survey in Google - but the same browser session was already authenticated against YouTube.

Edited by Moa

Random failures exist for most craft if you enable them in the options. The BIT tests are part of preflight. In general, in a game... what is the point of making them more than animations? If there's a problem you hit ESC and respawn/restart. Then begin the process again? Sounds like idiocy to me.

The F-16 is not ''released'' and has never remotely been presented as such. Or are you one of those guys that just breezes past the pre-order screen and all talk about what features it has vs what is planned in your hurry to give them your money? Don't answer, trick question.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Weapons delivery systems should take precedence with each associated weapon that is introduced....(you know, like how you did it with the Hornet).

I gave the A2A and A2G delivery systems the highest priority, then the flight computer stuff....the rest is lipstick ona pig.

there was a rumor that the Hornet and the Viper were going to be completed in tandem based off the same principles for each craft...but I'm not gonna dig around for it.

Marvin "Cactus" Palmer

DCS:World 2.5(ob)

Gigabyte Z390 Designare i7-9700K (4.6GHz), 32Gb RAM (3600MHz), GTX2070, 40" 1080p Monitor, TM Warthog, Saitek Rudder pedals,TM Cougar MFD, and an ipad.

A fighting machine for COMBAT SIMULATOR. Eye candy is cool but not high on the list for me. Targeting, weapons employment and defensive systems are what the sim is about. Flight model is large part of that equation. Who cares how it looks if it can't hit a thing and flies like a brick ?

i5-10600KF, 16Gb DDR4, GTX1660 Super, HP Reverb G2, TM Cougar, TM Warthog