Cant fire any Weapons in the f18

JimboMate

I've been having a problem with the f18 lately. for some reason a cannot fire any weapons equipped. i have flown the f18 for a while on dcs and after not playing fro a while i come back and find that i cant fire any weapons.

I have made sure that master arm is on, cant fire cannons at all. cant fire any missles even if locked and same goes for bombs. i also understand that you need to hold for the weapons release to work but that still doesn't fire for me. i checked the controls to make sure that everything was binded properly and in the HOTAS tab i can see that weapons fire is binded to space and that weapons release is binded to right alt + Space. i deleted my config file thinking the controls were bugged but still hasn't fixed the issue. dose anybody know what i'm doing wrong?

Try a repair or post some screens of your weapons fire/release controls or a track file?

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

can you post a short track?

Indeed, without a trackfile we can only make wild guesses

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

You said you have MASTER ARM on, but do you have a master mode (A-A or A-G) selected? That's usually my problem if I suddenly can't release weapons.

LoL. I've been playing DCS for a while but was flying a mission the other day and couldn't drop my bomb. Was really frustrated and couldn't understand why, until I realized the master arm was on, but A/G mode wasn't on. D'oh. First time I had done it> lesson learned for next time!

Intel i7 8700K @ 5Ghz, Aorus Z370 Gaming5, 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3000MHz, Nvidia 3080Ti FE, Samsung 970 NVME, Samsung 512GB EVO SSD x 2, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Rudder Pedals, HP Reverb G2, Windows 11 x64, DCS Modules = FC3, A10c Warthog, F14 Tomcat, F18 Hornet, F16 Viper, Persian Gulf, Syria.

It could be a number of causes. For air-to-air weapons, make sure the weapon is selected via the weapon select switch. Make sure master arm is on. Press the 2nd stage trigger (NOT weapon release button). Hold for a couple seconds. For air-to-ground weapons, master arm on, air-to-ground master mode selected, weapon selected and launch parameters set (fusing, etc) so there is no DUD cue on the hud. Hold down weapon release for a second or two.

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD

• 5 weeks later...

EDIT, LANDING GEAR UP,,,

ALL WORKING NOW,,

OLD MESSAGE:

Same Problem, I have MASTER ARM up, but it is not engaging as I have check DDI weapon storage, it is still in SAFETY. Therefore, when I press AA or AG it won't light up.

Game Mode is not on.

I check with version 2.5.5 and 2.5.6 same problem using Mission Editor.

Edited by BenPR1