Mission 4: "Sea Wolf" - Ka-50 Special Settings not applied?

As the title suggested, the mission Ka-50 doesn't have the special setting options that the player set and instead is set to the default ones. This is noticable with the Helmet Ring Displacement and the Trimmer Mode options.

Is this intended for Mission 4 or is it a bug?

Thank you in advance.

Edited by TheNicePig
Typo

As the title suggested, the mission Ka-50 doesn't have the special setting options that the player set and instead is set to the default ones. This is noticable with the Helmet Ring Displacement and the Trimmer Mode options.

Is this intended for Mission 4 or is it a bug?

Thank you in advance.

Good day! I have not set any special settings for this mission. Most likely this is a bug and it somehow ran past me (I did not notice it). In this mission, I experimented with the game track at the beginning of the mission, perhaps this leads to unstable work.

Describe in more detail how these settings affected your game?

Good day! I have not set any special settings for this mission. Most likely this is a bug and it somehow ran past me (I did not notice it). In this mission, I experimented with the game track at the beginning of the mission, perhaps this leads to unstable work.

Describe in more detail how these settings affected your game?

The Settings under the Special tab of the options seems to all be set to the default ones, specifically on the Ka-50 i have the Helmet Ring Displacement (Degrees) set to 0, so center of view, and Trimmer mode to Joystick without spring and FFB. However the Helmet Ring Displacement in the mission is set to the default value of degrees (dom't remember the exact value), so the HMS is not center of view and will be out of frame once you zoom in, the Trimmer mode is set to "Default" as well. As far as i've played this is not a problem on other Ka-50 missions.

Edited by TheNicePig

The Settings under the Special tab of the options seems to all be set to the default ones, specifically on the Ka-50 i have the Helmet Ring Displacement (Degrees) set to 0, so center of view, and Trimmer mode to Joystick without spring and FFB. However the Helmet Ring Displacement in the mission is set to the default value of degrees (dom't remember the exact value), so the HMS is not center of view and will be out of frame once you zoom in, the Trimmer mode is set to "Default" as well. As far as i've played this is not a problem on other Ka-50 missions.

Settings under the Special tab are not configured. I checked everything. I have an FFB joystick and the trim mode works fine on it. I'm sure these problems arose because of the track at the beginning of the mission. What version of DCS do you have?

But the track was recorded with different settings. Perhaps DCS takes the track settings as basic. But why am I not having this problem

Edited by STONE SKY

Settings under the Special tab are not configured. I checked everything. I have an FFB joystick and the trim mode works fine on it. I'm sure these problems arose because of the track at the beginning of the mission. What version of DCS do you have?

But the track was recorded with different settings. Perhaps DCS takes the track settings as basic. But why am I not having this problem

This was back in the last stable, that is 2.5.6.49, i have yet to test it on the new stable, so that might be it.

Was your HMS fine too? Thank you for your help.

This was back in the last stable, that is 2.5.6.49, i have yet to test it on the new stable, so that might be it.

Was your HMS fine too? Thank you for your help.

my HMS has standard settings and when you narrow the field of view it disappears at the top of the screen. I just don't know where to change it!

my HMS has standard settings and when you narrow the field of view it disappears at the top of the screen. I just don't know where to change it!

It's the Helmet Ring Displacement setting, if you set it to zero it'll be center of screen, and to negative and it goes under i.e it dissapears into the bottom of the screen. Pretty neat setting.

It's the most obvious indication that thise special settings are set to default to me.

• 3 months later...
I think I had a related issue on this mission where my ABRIS and EKRAN were in Russian, but everything else (switch labels etc) were English. When I got to mission 5, everything was English again. Played recently on the latest stable build.

Unfortunately, this problem arises when creating a track at the beginning of a mission. The game saves my settings and makes them mandatory for you. A slightly failed experiment