Mig-21bis green new cockpit

Olsiv

I am pretty sure that the NVA planes had unmodified russian cyrillic cockpits, since russian was the first foreign language taught at schools in the GDR and NVA pilots also took training courses in the USSR. External labels however where to varying degrees exchanged to roman alphabet german. Maybe the higher-ups didn't trust in the ground crews abilities to read russian/cyrillic.

I was born and raised in the former FRG, so I have never learned russian or the cyrillic alphabet. It is not the language that I find difficult to learn but the alphabet.

Edited by MiG hooked

This just is'nt working for me,sorry,I have followed your instructions Olsiv,I have only used my Open beta version in my Saved Games folder,created the folder Mig-21_CP in my Liveries folder and installed the BBC CCCP folder from the download,but in options there is no BBC CCCP.

Could you please help,this looks so good,thank you :thumbup:

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

Just to make sure to exclude possible mistakes. Please take no offense if you do know this already.

Do you know where to change the cockpit livery in the options? It is under options/special/MiG-21bis/custom cockpit livery.

I am just asking because, I installed it the same way, you described it and it runs fine on my computer.

Edited by MiG hooked

Hi,no offence taken,your offering help so thanks,but yes I do know how to change the livery in options,unfortunately I've still only got Default,Chinese and English,not the ВВС СССР option.

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

Thank you for the true russian cockpit colour,

it looks very realistic but I realized that from the outside view the colour shows original old one.

can you change it?

For me the difficulty isn't the alphabet but the difficult words that seems to be simmilar to nothing in eastern culture..

Thank you for the true russian cockpit colour,

it looks very realistic but I realized that from the outside view the colour shows original old one.

can you change it?

I have a green cockpit mod outside, but you won't be able to use it online.

To get English decals in the cockpit, use the following instructions:

-Paste file description.lua from here into the folder with my mod (with replacement)

-Follow to folder : ...:\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\MIG-21bis\Liveries\Mig-21_CP\English - Metric

-In this folder, copy the files (MiG21Bis_CP_T_1.dds, MiG21Bis_CP_T_2.dds, MiG21Bis_CP_T_3.dds, MiG21Bis_CP_T_4.dds, MiG21Bis_CP_T_5.dds).

-Paste these files into my mod folder (with replacement).

Congratulations, you have a partially English cockpit. The rest can be remembered.

description.lua

Hi,no offence taken,your offering help so thanks,but yes I do know how to change the livery in options,unfortunately I've still only got Default,Chinese and English,not the ВВС СССР option.

After unpacking file BBC CCCP.rar, you should have only one BBC CCCP folder (by default it has one more subfolder BBC CCCP)

This just is'nt working for me,sorry,I have followed your instructions Olsiv,I have only used my Open beta version in my Saved Games folder,created the folder Mig-21_CP in my Liveries folder and installed the BBC CCCP folder from the download,but in options there is no BBC CCCP.

Make sure the file structure is as follows:

...\Liveries\Mig-21_CP\BBC CCCP\*.*

(extracted files inside a single BBC CCCP folder inside the Mig-21_CP folder)

For me the difficulty isn't the alphabet but the difficult words that seems to be simmilar to nothing in eastern culture..

What do you mean? What is the point that makes you think it is difficult to understand, be more specific

Edited by archer86

-Paste file description.lua from here into the folder with my mod (with replacement)

-Follow to folder : ...:\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\MIG-21bis\Liveries\Mig-21_CP\English - Metric

-In this folder, copy the files (MiG21Bis_CP_T_1.dds, MiG21Bis_CP_T_2.dds, MiG21Bis_CP_T_3.dds, MiG21Bis_CP_T_4.dds, MiG21Bis_CP_T_5.dds).

Congratulations, you have a partially English cockpit. The rest can be remembered.

Thank you thank you thank you thank you! :thumbup:

I took the liberty to also copy the MiG21Bis_CP_017.dds and MiG21Bis_CP_017_N.dds and rename them to MiG21Bis_CP_017.tga.dds and MiG21Bis_CP_017_N.tga.dds and replaced the existing ones to have english warning lights.

To my suprise it worked! :thumbup:

Thanks to all that offered their kind advice,I now have it all running nicely.....the problem was,as you might think have guessed,use error,well it could'nt have been anything else could it ?.....I omitted to put in the 'underscore' in the Mig-21_CP :doh:

So thanks guys :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

green CP MiG-21bis

@Olsiv THNX so much for this and MiG_hooked THNX for your input also. Russian equipment is the shiznet!

prefetch

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 7700K, Win-8.1(wufuc), DCSW OB, FC3, CA, PG-map, Syria-map, Normandy-map, WWII-assetspack, Bf 109 K-4, MiG-21bis, MiG-19P, Mi-8MTV2, BS2,

Stellar work Olsiv! A friend gave me a tip about this mod and I couldn't be happier about it. Tried it out in SP yesterday, worked without a hitch.

DCS module wishlist: F-104S ASA-M Starfighter / F-111F Aardvark / F-4E Phantom II / J 35F2 Draken / J-7M AirGuard / Kfir C.2 / MiG-17F / MiG-21 Bison / Mirage F1 / Su-17M4 / Su-24M / Yak-9U

• 4 months later...