[RESOLVED]ridiculous high amount of crashes since yesterdays patch

scarfur

hey folks,

i already searched the logs yesterday but didn't find anything that caught my attention. no driver error or the like. nevertheless i had at least 20 crashes over night (dedicated server). While reading trough: » DCS World 2.5 » Bugs and Problems » Game Crash, forums, I think there is need of a hotfix.

never blacked out my server/mission that hard. seems to happen directly at server start

good luck to us all ;3

greetz

Edited by scarfur

I’ll ask, where’s your track and log files to help identify the issue?

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

If you can not live without bugs, then install Stable branch and start there.

No hot fixes required, only that players stop misusing beta software in production environment....

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

• ED Team

Please attach your dcs log it will have some clues.

Also remove any unofficial mods and run a cleanup and repair or verify for steam users

Follow my crash guide below it may help

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

If you can not live without bugs, then install Stable branch and start there.

No hot fixes required, only that players stop misusing beta software in production environment....

mentioned an eventual hotfix because it would not have been the first time deploying one because of crashes. no worries this is the reason I use the beta branch, to talk about beta misuse is in my case completely out of place and also a little bit impolite.

And it seems to be solved as far as I can observe so far.

changes made:

(less than 1% chance in my opinion that this was the trigger because then you would have seen at least some kind of error in the log): changed AI F-14A to F-14B.

(99 % chance that following was the issue and feels like beginner's mistake): locally resaved the .miz in the dcs client (was saved before/last in old patch version).

because of that, I'm saving myself the .log uploading and because as i said, there was nothing unusual to read besides server shutdown msg. no mods in use.

Thanks anyways, I will monitor if crashes happen again (doesn't look like it) and report.

Have a nice day everyone! :pilotfly:

Edited by scarfur