general question about 'full screen - off' vs 'full screen - on'

silverdevil

general question about 'full screen - off' vs 'full screen - on'. i saw in a recent post WAGS shared his video settings and he had 'full screen - off'. mine is 'on'.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4425844&postcount=6

wondered what is the reasoning behind this selection? thanks.

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

I guess that it's easier to alt-tab out of DCS when full screen is off, it's the only reason i can think of.

For VR it doesn't really matter, the mirror image on your monitor always starts non full screen and you have to ALT-ENTER to make it full screen. If you have "Cursor Confined to game window" un-ticked in VR you could accidently click outside the game window loosing your controls (and crash if you don't know what's happening).

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!