Exiting the chopper

Ryujin

I remember reading about the ability to get out of the KA-50 and walk around in a SimHQ preview. I'm kinda curious where ED is taking this and if we can walk out to the chopper... or get CSARed after smacking your ride into a tree. :joystick:

CSAR

Hi, guys,

I think we'll be able to ride a CSAR, air assault etc. mission without transport helos, hm? The "transport" Ka-50 will land and stay on the earth for 2 min or so... If we want to play CSAR-like thing, it will be OK for us. Of course, after a Ka-50 is shot down we need an exact coordinate and a wreckage.

For a real CSAR action there must be an evading pilot in the forest we have to find:)

And A-10s, F-16s, F-15Es, AWACS, J-STARS, transport helos, KH satellites: a 5 billion dollars equipment...

But we are smart guys. We will do it only with a Black Shark :joystick:

THX!

За всю историю никто и никогда не сумел завоевать Афганистан. Hикто и никогда

I'd like to see a mod that allows you to sit on the wings, like that one incendent with that apache. Yes, I know it only happened once and isn't perticularly realistic, but it would add some very basic rescue capability to multiplayer games. I say mod because we all know this feature won't make it into a study sim. Matter of fact I might do it myself when the game comes out. I'm a sound/texture guy, but I think I could pull it off as long as then engine is open enough to let me add 2 more seats. I'd need to get my hands on the engine to figure out how fesible it is.

I wonder where those CSAR spaces are on the Mi-28, they should house 2 man, but where are they?

On the Mi-28 there is a little door under the left engine (or more accurately under the IR-supressor for the left engine) for that rescue cabin with room for three persons.

Okay, there is no capability for walking around and playing BS like Operation Flashpoint, or Armed Assault. The game engine is not setup for it, nor is it planned, or even talked about. Just to end some wild speculation about a feature that doesn't exist.

LOMAC Section| | Gaming Resume (PDF) | Gallery | Flanker2.51 Storage Site |

Also known as Flanker562 back in the day...

Steam ID EricJ562 | DCS: A-10A/C Pilot | DCS: Su-25T Pilot | Texture Artist

"...parade ground soldiers always felt that way (contempt) about killers in uniform." -Counting The Cost, Hammer's Slammers

I got to test walking outside the chopper after ejecting. That was pretty cool, would make a really interesting camera view.

I guess it can add a bit of immersion...although after ejection, other units ignore you. And running around takes ages...

EricJ, I'm not talking about any ArmA-like gameplay on foot. I'm talking about uses for a feature that does exist (as far as I know, I'm not a tester) and adding a minor tweak to it. Not taking out your sidearm and attacking something, but simply exiting a downed chooper and walking to another chopper and getting on the wing. No complex anything in that, just walking and attaching to the chopper via some sort of model swap or attaching the pilot model. Yes I know that feature is not going to be in the retail version and I'm suggesting its addition via a modification. No wild speculation here and the feature is at least partially implemented.

Okay, there is no capability for walking around and playing BS like Operation Flashpoint, or Armed Assault. The game engine is not setup for it, nor is it planned, or even talked about. Just to end some wild speculation about a feature that doesn't exist.

LMAO then why put it there? If you can walk around its only a matter of time that you can get in a truck or tank and have some fun. Such mods would rock.:thumbup:

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

whats the point its a flight sim for flying not walking, you would get board of it pretty quick.

HP TouchSmart IQ816 / 25.5" HD touch screen / 9600GS 512/ Core 2 Duo 2.16 / 4GB RAM / VISTA 64 / CH Fighterstick

My opinion is that in a later stage of this simulator developers could do some CSAR helicopter (UH-60,UH-1,KA-26,MI-17,etc) for those CSAR missions.

How?

Well if it is possible (I don´t know if it is) to generate a CSAR mission when a some helicopter\plane gets down\crash and there are know survivors (when pilot eject, ditch or crash landed meaning that the aircraft was not totally destroyed) then that mission in a multiplayer environment would be flown by a human pilot. That human pilot would fly a CSAR helicopter to the local where the aircraft crashed and then land in a "x" radius from the crash site and maybe wait some time and then receive some message telling it that the pilot was onboard or something like that. Obviously that this thread is about the pilot walking outside the aircraft... I think that does not have logic on this type of simulation.

Off course that this was what I what in this sim. Along with the OH-58 supporting the future AH-64 and the UH-60 to support troops and CSAR (and similar helicopters on the other side, Ka50, Mi17, etc).

If this is possible? I don´t know... What I think is that there are not limitations if people really want to do it depending on what people want to do. Obviously this is a study sim and is a complete simulation of an aircraft I don´t know if developers what to do that it is pretty complex and it needs a lot of patience and hard work.

Best regards to all.

ASUS N552VX | i7-6700HQ @ 2.59GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | NVIDIA GF GTX 950M 4 Gb | 250 Gb SSD | 1 Tb HD SATA II Backup | TIR4 | Microsoft S. FF 2+X52 Throttle+Saitek Pedals | Win 10 64 bits

LMAO then why put it there? If you can walk around its only a matter of time that you can get in a truck or tank and have some fun. Such mods would rock.:thumbup:

Okay it's not because it was "put there" it's due to a engine related issue. Besides the focus is Ka-50, not CSAR, or any activities related to it (how you knew about it SuperKungFu is a matter of conjecture in itself). ED is not your average company, so using US analogies and practices is just not a good idea. Everybody seriously seems to be losing focus on what the product is about, not what or how it can be exploited. If they get the wild hair up the butt then fine, but I highly doubt that it's a feature to be "implemented"

"...parade ground soldiers always felt that way (contempt) about killers in uniform." -Counting The Cost, Hammer's Slammers

I'm with EricJ on this, what I was trying to say was adding very basic CSAR using existing content, not this arma stuff people are coming up with. Think about how relevant your ideas are to a KA-50 sim.

@Focha: Thats probably not likely to happen for a long, long time considering the amount of detail that goes into making a flyable chopper. However, I imagine the mission it self could be scripted.

LMAO then why put it there?
Because it's pretty freakin' cool! ED programmers are people too and need to get their kicks in from time to time. There are a number of these "easter eggs" in the code. The big ones you already know about (walking the pilot, tuning to a commercial radio), but maybe there are a couple we haven't mentioned yet... ;) Walking the pilot, at this stage anyway, is just something fun ED put into the sim. It's not meant to model anything. The pilot isn't even animated, he just sort of slides along the earth, but when viewed in first person, you get a nice wobble visual as if you're walking. Every time I eject, I walk around the crash site a little. If the chopper stays intact, it gives you a much better perspective of its size. I think they seriously wanted to add a side arm that you could fire to take the joke to it's ultimate end, but it doesn't look like we'll be seeing that yet. Maybe later.

On a more serious note, I just recently put together a simple CSAR mission experiment. Currently, the helicopter AI has a big limitation in that it is still unable to land in open terrain. The best we can do to simulate a field landing is assign a minimum altitude and low speed (2-5 km/h) waypoint to imitate a low altitude hover. Using triggers, we can then make soldiers appear underneath the chopper and move out. It's not perfect, but pretty good. It doesn't look like field landings will make it into the release, but it's on the priority list.

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

Thank you EvilBivol for the info, it´s good to know that you are working on that.

@Ryujin- I know mate that it´s light years to come that (because of it´s complexity as I said). But still it´s a thing that I really would like to see in this sim.

@EricJ- Mate I have to disagree with you in one point. This sim cannot focus only on Ka-50 because there is a lot surrounding Ka-50 that contributes to the simulation. CSAR is a type of mission just like a CAP, BAI, CAS, etc. More the next addons that will come will have to focus on other aircrafts (A10, AH64, etc).

Best regards to all.

ASUS N552VX | i7-6700HQ @ 2.59GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | NVIDIA GF GTX 950M 4 Gb | 250 Gb SSD | 1 Tb HD SATA II Backup | TIR4 | Microsoft S. FF 2+X52 Throttle+Saitek Pedals | Win 10 64 bits

Well the sim only focuses on the Ka-50 that's the point I'm making. No offense man, but just because my tag says "ED Partners" doesn't mean I don't get to play with the sim a bit. Sure I did mainly texture work, but I do need the sim to see if my work is right. And sometimes if my stick wants to work correctly, then I'll fly around too. Sure I don't have as much flight time as the dedicated testers, I do have the same betas they do.

To back up Eric a little, there is one other problem that makes CSAR difficult to simulate in the current version. We can make soldiers appear, but not disappear, so there is not a good way to simulate a "pick up." Creative mission designers may find solutions, but this is a specific mission type that will really work best when the AI and trigger functions are there to provide the proper logic. Again, both will be continually improved throughout development, but at this point, big changes aren't likely until post-release. What specific AI and triggers functions are listed as priorities, I don't know myself.

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules