Game seems too bright

Furiz
Go to solution Solved by Furiz,

Yes, its a nice "mod"

Still, I hope the core game brightness gets improved at some point, so that we don't need to download and maintain user made improvements* (which can also cause errors, glitches and other shenanigans within DCS)

*with all do respect to your great work @Mustang :worthy:

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

• 4 months later...

Hi,

I have been absent for a while and I am still on 2.5.3

Does anybody know if the devs have fixed this brightness issue in the latest stable release?

Thanks.

- Tony -

. My Reviews: Oilfield Campaign - Argo Campaign l My Mission: Huey Ramp Start Voice-Over New!

. Microsoft Force Feedback 2 base modded with a CH Fighterstick - VKB Sim T-Rudder Mk.IV Pedals

. Intel i5 4670K @4.3 GHz - 32 Gb DDR3 - MSI GTX 1080 - ASUS PG278QR 27" 2K @165 Hz G-Sync

• 2 months later...
On 10/23/2021 at 7:51 AM, Slice313 said:

The game is too bright. Using the the standard gamma 2.2 will over blow lights seriously. I use a properly calibrated monitor and I find gamma 1.9, 2.0 much more accurate. Gamma 1.8 is already too dark. 

Hmmmm...I am usually at 1.3-1.4. Maybe my monitor is too bright?

It could be my eyes too. I recently had cataract surgery and now everything is too bright.    😁

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

MoBo - ASUS 990FX R2 Sabertooth,     CPU - AMD FX 9590 @4.7Gb. No OC
RAM - GSkill RipJaws DDR3 32 Gb @2133 MHZ,   GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb DDR5 OC'd, Core 180MHz, Memory 800MHz
Game drive - Samsung 980 M.2 EVO 1Tb SSD,    OS Drive - 860 EVO 500Gb SATA SSD, Win10 Pro 22H2

Controls - Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X,   Monitor - LG 32" 1920 X 1080,   PSU - Prestige ATX-PR800W PSU

• 2 months later...

I've been having this high gamma issue since pretty much the beginning. I'm using the latest version of DCS. I can't figure out how to do a screenshot but the problem is intermittent and shows up as soon as I click "fly." It's definitely not a problem with my gamma setting. I usually go with 1.2, but even if I drop it all the way down it's way too bright. By "way," I mean "you're standing at ground zero right with a hydrogen bomb going off a thousand feet above you." The only solution I've found is to quit the mission and refly it. Sometimes that works, sometimes it takes two or three tries for it to work. I've seen the same thing happen now and then with the 3D views of units when configuring weapons loads, etc.