'Different actions have identical descriptions!' -Duplicate Bindings

Hi,

I've got the same exact issues (and the same exact duplicate bindings) as this user:-

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=258945

The last change I made to controls was assigning the Coolie Hat DOWN Button which I noted was missing when I was doing a tutorial ('Real A-10C' profile was loaded). I've saved this around 1st July.

Tonight, was the only change since 1st July, unless I'm mistaken. I uploaded a skin from the 'users files' from the website. I took backup copies of:

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Bazar\World\textures\A-10.zip

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Bazar\Liveries\A-10C

Then, I downloaded & installed this skin:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/206949/

I dropped the DDS files into the above-mentioned first folder (A-10.zip).

I copied the description.lua file into a folder and put it into the Liveries\A-10C

I did NOT make any changes to graphics.cfg (as I note that graphics.lua has replaced it and I noted that no changes were to be made to that file).

Noting that I didn't have a graphics.lua in my Saved Games (and I don't at the moment as I'm new), I decided to just start DCS having only dragged and dropped just those files. The good news is that the skin works! :)

...The bad news is when I saw the conflicts, I was worried and I'm pretty sure I never noticed those conflicts before. Orange words in a sea of white correctly-set controls but I'm only about 90% sure. So, I decided to revert changes with the backups fearing that this might've caused the issues. With the Liveries folder, I simply removed the description.lua folder (which was named 'A-10C SnakeSkin'). I also removed the following in the hope that it would reset any control changes I might have made inadvertently:

C:\Users\lkc\Saved Games\DCS\Config\Input\A-10C\joystick

The controls did reset (the Coolie Hat Down button wasn't present). However, the dupe entries are still there. :(

Is there any way that a simple, seemingly unrelated change (skins) may have caused this?

Eitherway, I hope these details help... I've seen seemingly unrelated changes affect other parts whilst on the job. So, I figured I should take the time to explain as best as I could from memory what I have and haven't done.

Details and changes to system:

Windows 10;

DCS World 2.5 Stable;

A-10C module;

Installed late June 2020;

HOTAS control change 1st July;

Some DCS updates between 1st July and today. The free SU-33 add-on between 1st July and today, I think.

If there's anymore info that you need, please let me know.

Thanks!

Keep up the good work! :thumbup::thumbup:

Glad to have finally taken the plunge and now fully invested in the DCS ecosphere! :D

The file graphics.lua is only in the “C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Config” (your folder may vary). For control issues, the best thing to do is to reset each of your devices. The red colored setting are duplicates as you mentioned. You can download specific control profiles from user files. I usually clear the whole category and then import. This will always reset everything without duplicates.

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

... I have ~.diff.lua files in Saved Games. Should these be deleted, too?

Yes, ~.diff.lua files hold the changes you make to the default assignments i.e. when you assign a joystick button, reassign a key stroke, etc. the change is saved to the various ~diff.lua files found in "Saved Games\DCS\Input\A-10C\ joystick", etc.

IIRC the old "Saved Games\DCS\Input\A-10C\ joystick" .lua files from 2010 had a slightly different structure/logic, while the .diff.lua file hold the "difference" between your control config and the default config.

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

As a general tip, any time you find instructions about how to mod (or fix) DCS from before, say, 2017 or so, ignore them and try to find a (much) more recent instruction on doing what you're trying to do. Anything older than 2017 will most likely apply to v1.x of DCS, and will probably no longer work properly with the current version of the game.

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧