[CANNOT REPRODUCE]Half the time targets in front of aircraft do not show up on radar

Jackbilt24

So I set up a little mission with bombs and enemy aircraft. I destroy the ground targets but the air targets that are usually right in front of me do not show up and I have no ability to find them on radar even if they are within 10 nm. I don’t know if this is common or a huge error but I’ve been having it for a while and think it’s worth reporting.

So I set up a little mission with bombs and enemy aircraft. I destroy the ground targets but the air targets that are usually right in front of me do not show up and I have no ability to find them on radar even if they are within 10 nm. I don’t know if this is common or a huge error but I’ve been having it for a while and think it’s worth reporting.

Do you have a track and/or tacview file you can share.

Including an AWACS/datalink in your mission will help you see what's going on until you get a better feel for what the radar can/cannot see.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

It is something like this,

Screen_200718_165046.thumb.png.35cb927e6de353861dde8127d00676d4.png

Antenna is set to scan from angels 25 to 8, the hostile is on angels 21 and it doesn't pick him up, while the friendly on angels 20 is picked up.

Was gonna report it too but couldn't get the track file, it happened more than once and with any type of plane.

[ATTACH]242937[/ATTACH]

Antenna is set to scan from angels 25 to 8, the hostile is on angels 21 and it doesn't pick him up, while the friendly on angels 20 is picked up.

Was gonna report it too but couldn't get the track file, it happened more than once and with any type of plane.

I’m going to try some more testing in a little to confirm but I’ve seen this for so long. We’ll see if I’m dumb or not

[ATTACH]242937[/ATTACH]

This situation happen always, not sometime, is a fact, so i hope ED will fix it in near future, but, there's another situation in that showed screen Pic. Watch that system File ( Holo) at 40 nm, why?? .RWS Search Mode if I understand , are not part of RWS files but TWS, so, interesting this situation that i also been interacting with when in BVR Squad Training. If i'm wrong with this RWS observation, plse. be happy to explain it.

Thanks.

Edited by slowfinger23

Can you post a video of this so we can see exactly whats going on? I have no issues with the Viper radar in this regard, TWS or RWS.

Eagle Enthusiast, Fresco Fan. Patiently waiting for the F-15E. Clicky F-15C when?

HP Z400 Workstation

Intel Xeon W3680 (i7-980X) OC'd to 4.0 GHz, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SSC Gaming, 24 GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB Crucial MX500 SSD. Thrustmaster T16000M FCS HOTAS, DIY opentrack head-tracking. I upload DCS videos here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-7L3Z5nJ-QUX5M7Dh1pGg