Didnt quite get how the RPM swtich work

AT_Youmu

noexpression.gifI used to set it to HI during take-off , landing and AAR. Thought I can get faster engine response.

But I just notice that in idle position, no matter its in LOW or HI, the fuel flow doesn't change a bit. Is it right?

If its right, the switch only changes the way RPM display?helpsmilie.gif

Low is the default setting, and what you should be using.

The switch choses which compressor step is displayed, and I'm not even sure if it is working.

Either way, it only a display choice. It doesn't affect performance in any way.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

There's 2 "compressors" in the Pegasus engine:

A Low Pressure High Bypass fan that you see in the intake, and a High Pressure compressor that is further inside the engine. They have separate axles and rotate at different RPM's. The switch just changes which compressor you want to see the RPM of. It's only real use that I know of is troubleshooting. Low is normally used.

There's 2 "compressors" in the Pegasus engine:

A Low Pressure High Bypass fan that you see in the intake, and a High Pressure compressor that is further inside the engine. They have separate axles and rotate at different RPM's. The switch just changes which compressor you want to see the RPM of. It's only real use that I know of is troubleshooting. Low is normally used.

oh okay....that make sense now. Thanks for answering.