Strange VR bug

Sr.

This is truly weird... lately, when ever I try to view a hard to reach portion of the A-10C cockpit in VR, radio controls for instance...

I will look down and left to view the controls, and usually have to push the VR headset down a little to get the item in the sweet spot otherwise it's unreadable. When I do this, my view begins to zoom outward very rapidly, taking me out of the cockpit, looking down on the aircraft at the same angle I left, then continues to zoom out as I head toward space...until I find the center view reset button. :huh:

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

Kinda sounds like your getting out of view of your external sensor if you have one, or blocking the the sensor on your headset. Which VR device do you use?

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

Kinda sounds like your getting out of view of your external sensor if you have one, or blocking the the sensor on your headset. Which VR device do you use?

Ah...

It's the Vive Cosmos Elite with Lighthouse tracking stations. I have one mounted at 11:00 and the other 4:00

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

--Arthur C Clark

Ah...

It's the Vive Cosmos Elite with Lighthouse tracking stations. I have one mounted at 11:00 and the other 4:00

Lighthouse tracking works by filling the space with IR pulses which are picked up by the HMD. Cases where it fails is if the pulses escape through large windows or large open space. Or if the pulse bounces are blocked by obstacles such as your desk.

Lighthouse tracking setup is also optimized for stand up games. For seated games like DCS, I suggest lowering the lighthouses or angle them down.

Either that or you might have died...

It was almost like a slow, gentle ejection :lol:

--Arthur C Clark