IFF in / IFF out

sirrah

I've searched the Early Access Guide that came with the module and I did a search here on the forum, but I haven't been able to find the answer (which is probably buried somewhere in some thread)

So, what are the IFF OUT and IFF IN buttons used for exactly? They must be important as they have dedicated buttons on the throttle.

Could anyone explain please?

Also, is there a better/more extended manual out there yet for the Viper? and if so, could someone please point it out to me?

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

they have short and long depress functionality.

Functions are all not implemented yet and range from enabling/ disabling the datalink to sending out targets via datalink.

Lincoln said: “Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

Do not expect a reply to any questions, 30.06.2021 - Silenced by Nineline

they have short and long depress functionality.

Functions are all not implemented yet and range from enabling/ disabling the datalink to sending out targets via datalink.

Why are they called IFF switches if they have DL functions? :huh:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

...to sending out targets via datalink.

Ah, I was wondering about that too:thumbup: (having read Dan Hampton's Viper Pilot)

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Why are they called IFF switches if they have DL functions? :huh:

That's how they're labeled on the throttle. Originally they had IFF functions, but as the jet was updated and Link16 added, their function changed. Most IFF functions went to the TMS on the stick, which didn't exist in the first F-16As.

I've searched the Early Access Guide that came with the module and I did a search here on the forum, but I haven't been able to find the answer (which is probably buried somewhere in some thread)

So, what are the IFF OUT and IFF IN buttons used for exactly? They must be important as they have dedicated buttons on the throttle.

Could anyone explain please?

Also, is there a better/more extended manual out there yet for the Viper? and if so, could someone please point it out to me?

From the DCS F-16C module manual, page 40

UHF VHF Transmit Switch. The switch initiates UHF (aft) and VHF (forward) transmissions. Depressing inboard (right) short (less than .5 seconds) filters datalink information on the FCR display. Depressing outboard (left) short toggles datalink tracks on and off.

In the RL aircraft it depends on the software and the mode, etc.

The UHF/VHF/IFF switch controls the following:

Inboard

- Depressed <0.5 seconds rotaries the datalink declutter options (ALL, FTR+, TGTS) or if NONE is selected, changes to last-left. If MIDS is OFF, toggles declutter between ALL and NONE.

- Depressed ≥0.5 seconds with XMIT IDM selected on HSD:

-- If HSD or HAD is SOI, transmits the designated (boxed) threat as a SEAD DL.

-- If HSD is SOI and CAS IP or TGT is designated, transmits a CAS mission update.

-- If FCR or TGP is in track and is the SOI, transmits the SPI as a MKPT.

-- If none of the conditions above are met, transmits the currently selected steerpoint location (without nav cursor corrections) as a MKPT.

- Depressed ≥0.5 seconds with XMIT L16 selected on HSD:

-- If HSD or HAD is SOI, transmits the designated (boxed) threat as a SEAD DL with Lock Line.

-- If FCR or TGP is in track and is the SOI, transmits the SPI as a MKPT with Lock Line

-- If HSD is SOI and CAS IP or TGT is designated, transmits the currently selected steerpoint (without nav cursor corrections) as a MKPT.

Outboard

Depressed <0.5 seconds toggles FCR format datalink declutter between NONE and ALL.

Depressed ≥0.5 seconds initiates IDM one-round or round-robin intraflight datalink.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

That's how they're labeled on the throttle. Originally they had IFF functions, but as the jet was updated and Link16 added, their function changed. Most IFF functions went to the TMS on the stick, which didn't exist in the first F-16As.

I see, that's what I suspected. Thanks! :thumbup:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg