[REPORTED]Autopilot broken

cptmoose

Just downloaded the latest patch 2.5.6.52196

Jumped into A-10C in multiplayer, Attempted to engage Autopilot and it will only engage while the button is actively being pressed. It will not remain activated while holding a steady level heading.

Attempted to use button bind on the joystick as well as the one in the cockpit and had the same issue. I then placed down a new A-10c in the editor and flew it just to make sure and same issue Occured.

Its broken.

Was about to report this annoying bug as well, but seems like someone was faster, there is also one more thing I have noticed, that is inverter switch located on electrical panel (right side), switches now to TEST when pressed with left mouse button when previously it was the opposite, nothing major but should be fixed regardless ;).

Was about to report this annoying bug as well, but seems like someone was faster, there is also one more thing I have noticed, that is inverter switch located on electrical panel (right side), switches now to TEST when pressed with left mouse button when previously it was the opposite, nothing major but should be fixed regardless ;).

Theres a few switches that have reversed- Canopy Open/Close is another.. same IFFCC switch.

Edited by Sunscreen

bind this instead while waiting for the patch with the fix

unknown.png

or if you feel handy with lua, you can probably spot and fix the issue by digging into the keybind files for the A-10c...

"Hotas Left Throttle Button" works.

Thanks for pointing this out

It would appear that the last update revised the .dll files within the A-10C Mods\aircraft\A-10C\bin directory, and a lot of the same files for other ac. I don't think that wading through the keybind files will do any good. We will have to wait for DCS to fix it.

I use a bespoke cockpit with a large number of hardwired controls, as well as Helios. I have found a number of my controls have changed their behaviour as a result of this latest update.

I am resigned to wait and see.

Following on from my last post - and assuming that my assumption is true - it would be nice for someone at DCS to just put up a post saying. "Sorry, it is broken - a fix is in hand" before everyone starts wading through their control bindings.

I cannot believe that the adage "Never apologise - never explain", is a good one for any business.

Following on from my last post - and assuming that my assumption is true - it would be nice for someone at DCS to just put up a post saying. "Sorry, it is broken - a fix is in hand" before everyone starts wading through their control bindings.

I cannot believe that the adage "Never apologise - never explain", is a good one for any business.

Good point...

what surprises me is...It was so easy to all of us to pinpoint these bugs that seems to me that there are no beta testers for A10 anymore...

auto pilot, left clicks changed to right clicks without announcement and so on...

+1

what surprises me is...It was so easy to all of us to pinpoint these bugs that seems to me that there are no beta testers for A10 anymore...

auto pilot, left clicks changed to right clicks without announcement and so on...

There are beta testers, us. That's why its called DCS 2.5.6 Beta. I have 2.5.5 "Stable" installed as well, so I just go back to that when there's a show-stopping bug. In these threads, we can report bugs, ED changes the subject line by adding [REPORTED], and hopefully they fix it. I think they made Betas available to all of us because with so many of us, we find bugs faster than a small, exclusive group. Looks like that concept is working. :smilewink:

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

• ED Team

This thread is not for blaming the testers, the bug was missed by us at ED, it is the reason we have an open beta to test in a much wider environment before sending a patch to the stable version

The team are working on a fix.

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2