MPCD

oldcrusty

AMPCD soooo good!

I just want to shout out from my balcony now... THANK YOU ED!!! The update for our AMPCD specifically regarding the brightness levels & contrast & stuff is ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!

Thanks guys, was so worth the wait :thumbup: :)

:: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900K :: Asus ROG Strix Z790-A mobo :: Asus Tuff Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 Ti :: NZXT Kraken Elite 280 RGB AIO white cooler :: G Skill Trident Z Royals DDR4 4x16GB = 64GB :: WD Black SN 850X NVMe SSD 2TB M.2 (C Drive) :: Samsung 860 Pro 2TB SATA (D Drive) :: Corsair Crystal 680X White Case :: Asus XG349C 34" Curve G-Sync 180Hz 3440x1440 Mon :: Corsair 850W PSU :: Virpil Constellation Alpha-R Stick with VPC WarBRD Base :: Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle :: 3 x CubeSim ext mini screens with TM Cougar MFD Bezels :: Asus ROG Pugio 503 Gaming Mouse & Razer BlackWidow mech kb :: TrackIR 5 Pro & Cap Clip :: Win 11 64 Bit 😉

I hit ngt-day button and nothing happened. Do you see same thing on your end?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Maybe I've missed something.

When I turn the dial above the AMPCD I just see black box with "AUTO X" the "X" being a number between 9 and 1. Brightness doesn't change though.

The night/day switch doesn't change anything on it, and the sym and night/day rockers don't seem to do anything either.

Also, it's a bit blurry now.

I have deleted the fxo and metashaders2 folders already, does anyone have any other ideas or info, have I missed a setting somewhere?

I think it's better indeed, but it's a tad darker than the other two displays no? I can see the left and right DDI's and read their text with no problem, but the AMPCD is a little darker and hard to see. This is even with the map turned off.

GPU: PALIT NVIDIA RTX 3080 10GB | CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 4,9GHz | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3000MHz
VR: HP Reverb G2 | HOTAS: TM Warthog Throttle and Stick

The texts are harder to read at default setting, but turning down the gain 4 to 5 clicks makes it almost perfect.

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

I was just running a scenario through my cranium...

The dev finally figures out how to implement the gain... so he does:)

Next step: Let's see, hmm I wonder how that works in combination with other MPCD knobs.

Eh, maybe next build :music_whistling:

or: Well, I gave them 'gain' so for good balance I'll take the brightness out, hehe:smartass:

I tried this gain thing at night. It's actually workable. I could read the text and still see enough detail on the map (in case I needed a quick boundary or landmark reference). So at least we can play with it until all controls are working.

Tried 4 x MavE then 4 x MavF, both worked fine btw.

FLIR auto gain at night was not that great, had to unbox it and turn it down manually.

Why you all are so happy, update before AMPCD was fine to read, first in DCS Hornet history. Now its back into sh..... unusable with map again. The black outlines of symbols are to thin... like micro thin, because of that symbols are blended with colors of the map.

I wonder why many of us like what other hate about symbols setting ED is trying to tune down and up every update. Wouldnt be smart to create special setting for Hornet symbols, so everybody can adjust symbols to his best?

This is why I se after last patch.... NOTHING

CjYqcQT.png

Edited by GumidekCZ

Thats great. But am I missing something. It sucks as much as it has sucked before. OK, the gain function makes it 'slightly' better. With SYM maxed out on brightness, and map gained down, only close up is it readable. Perhaps in VR, I dunno as I don't have VR set or Capto glove. But even on large 28" 2560X 1440 or 30" 3840X2160 the AMPCD (middle LCD color) is still not readable at cockpit zoom levels. According to ED and RL it sucks like that in real Hornet C. Only somewhat better in E/F, and finally in Block III Advanced its how it supposed to be. But that is not relevant for us. What DCS: Hornet needs is simple export function as currently existing in RAZBAM AV-8B and Mirage. A an overlay, that is much better with TPOD imagery.

When I do this it makes it so that I can see the text but can barely see the map.

Using the Rift S.

Map is going to be a bit dim with gain down, but very usable. On my Valve Index I can just glance downward and still able to see the WP number clearly.

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

the MFDS and especially the AMPCD are way worse than before.

The AMPCD is so dark that even red contacts are next to invisible. I can see them only while highlighted.

Stepping through them doesn't work either as the yellow bracket is invisible now.

This is way worse then before.

Don't even think of exporting these..

Brightness doesn't work either.

If I enable map I can't read the greens...plain invisible.

Maybe I am missing something but that's unplayable and useless.

When I do this it makes it so that I can see the text but can barely see the map.

Using the Rift S.

Things in VR don't match 2D regarding the display brightness. The AMPCD was way to bright but the "update" screwed the other 2 MFCD's, at least in VR!

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!