[FIXED]Autopilot no longer turns on.

ZeroReady

Using a TM Warthog. Pressing the AP Button causes the AP to come on only as long as the button is held down. The Q key works fine, but not the HOTAS command.

I confirm this, also when you press AP Engage button in the cockpit directly by clicking on it, autopilot will not engage.

I have just tried my TM Warthog with today's patch and it works as expected (I have tried all three autopilot modes) - I don't run target and just use the control mappings in DCS

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Same here. To get it work you need to keep it pressed all time

303 & Friends discord

Hangar :

JF-17 Thunder, F-16C Viper, I-16, Christen Eagle II, F-14 Tomcat, Supercarrier, WWII Assets Pack, F/A-18C Hornet, AJS-37 Viggen, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, F-5E Tiger II, M-2000C, MiG-15bis, Bf 109 K-4 Kurfürst, Fw 190 D-9 Dora, F-86F Sabre, Flaming Cliffs 3, P-51D Mustang, A-10C Warthog,SA342 Gazelle, UH-1H Huey, Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight, Black Shark II, Persian Gulf Map, Normandy 1944 Map,

Well i give in, i have spent about 1.5 hours trying to teach myself lua scripting and going through alot of old posts on the forum via google searches to see how they used to do it but the code has changed a bit since then and i have no idea how to make it work.

Should be a simple hotfix solution though

Oh...hold up :)

Put the Flight path marker out-with the limits for autopilot to engage (i.e. -10 degrees) and hold "A" or your binding for autopilot engage/disengage. Keep it held and bring the nose back to level and release. Et Voila....but now pressing the key again will not let you cancel autopilot.

To release the autopilot you just have to maneuver a bit.

There's something wrong with the definition somewhere but I cannot find it.

Have fun with that :lol:

Same issue here.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Oh...hold up :)

Put the Flight path marker out-with the limits for autopilot to engage (i.e. -10 degrees) and hold "A" or your binding for autopilot engage/disengage. Keep it held and bring the nose back to level and release. Et Voila....but now pressing the key again will not let you cancel autopilot.

To release the autopilot you just have to maneuver a bit.

There's something wrong with the definition somewhere but I cannot find it.

Have fun with that :lol:

You´re right!:thumbup:

Don't forget there are two bindings for the Autopilot Engage disengage

1. AAP Engage/Disengage which is default bound to the A key and the Black button on the warthog throttle next to the Autopilot mode three position switch (ALT:ALT/HDG:PATH)

2. Left Throttle button which is default bound to the Q key and the Red Pinky button on the front of the left throttle handle

AAP Disengage/Engage (A) is not functioning as designed, Left Throttle Button (Q) is functioning as designed

quick fix is to bind both buttons on your hardware to the Left Throttle Bind in the game.

i9-9900KS CPU @ 5.1GHz, Win10 Pro 64bit, Gigabyte Z390 Master Mobo, Corsair Vengance 64GB 3000Mhz Ram, 1 x ADATA SX8200 Pro 1Tb Drive (OS), 1 x ADATA SX8200 Pro 512Gb Drive (DCS), 1 x RTX 2080Ti AORUS Waterforce 11Gb, 3 x 27" ACER Predator 2560x1440px, 27" LG 2560x1440px HP Reverb G2, TrackIR5, HOTAS Warthog Throttle and Stick, 3 x HOTAS Cougar MFCDs, Elgato Streamdeck & Streamdeck XL

Don't forget there are two bindings for the Autopilot Engage disengage

1. AAP Engage/Disengage which is default bound to the A key and the Black button on the warthog throttle next to the Autopilot mode three position switch (ALT:ALT/HDG:PATH)

2. Left Throttle button which is default bound to the Q key and the Red Pinky button on the front of the left throttle handle

AAP Disengage/Engage (A) is not functioning as designed, Left Throttle Button (Q) is functioning as designed

quick fix is to bind both buttons on your hardware to the Left Throttle Bind in the game.

Even better! I am getting used to using the A key in ALT mode now. So you could set it using Q and then by holding A you can start a turn and when your bank angle is where you want it release A and repeat as you exit the turn.

No idea if it's accurate but i kinda like it

Even better! I am getting used to using the A key in ALT mode now. So you could set it using Q and then by holding A you can start a turn and when your bank angle is where you want it release A and repeat as you exit the turn.

No idea if it's accurate but i kinda like it

What? Its a bug! ED ruin the A 10C...1 step forward , 3 backwards.

What? Its a bug! ED ruin the A 10C...1 step forward , 3 backwards.

Nineline has already commented on Hoggit that it has slipped through and is fixed internally so clearly the bits of code they were re-writing got a little bit jumbled. If this is the case it should be hotfixed by this evening.

Two of us have already given you a workaround until it gets fixed so wind your neck in a wee bit they hardly RUINED it

Came to post about it...

Same here, if you press and hold down A autopolit will remain engaged. but thats not how it should work. As soon as you release the engane/disengage button i´ll turn off... befor last update it was fine.