[CANNOT REPRODUCE]Tire noise way too loud

hazzer

"C:\Users\<USERNAME>\Saved Games\DCS" should be there. It is created by DCS. And inside it you have to create "Sounds\sdef" to modify sdefs.

Maybe you have selected another user's folder?

And try to edit this file "c:\Users\USERNAME\Saved Games\DCS\Sounds\sdef\WheelSlide.sdef" and set gain = 0

This way you completely remove this sound from the game and hear the difference.

I'll give it a go in a bit and let you know! Definitely was saved in the right place though :)

RTX 2080ti, I7 9700k, 32gb ram, SSD, Samsung Odyssey VR, MSFFB2, T-50 Throttle, Thrustmaster Rudder Pedals

"C:\Users\<USERNAME>\Saved Games\DCS" should be there. It is created by DCS. And inside it you have to create "Sounds\sdef" to modify sdefs.

And try to edit this file "c:\Users\USERNAME\Saved Games\DCS\Sounds\sdef\WheelSlide.sdef" and set gain = 0

This way you completely remove this sound from the game and hear the difference.

Hi,

I changed the numbers to 0 then 100 and it made 0 difference. I definitely have saved it j the right place.

Maybe a different sound?

RTX 2080ti, I7 9700k, 32gb ram, SSD, Samsung Odyssey VR, MSFFB2, T-50 Throttle, Thrustmaster Rudder Pedals

• 1 month later...
On 11/10/2020 at 8:28 AM, btd said:

I set it to 0 and the sound was still present. I am the only user on the pc and I use this dcs game directory for liveries etc so it is correct. I have installed no sound mods and it is a fresh dcs install. I am noticing the loud tire noise on lots of aircraft like the bf109 and now the p51 in external view. 

Hope you can help. 

• 2 weeks later...

With the latest update I have noticed some different noises when taxing, again they seem to be way louder than the engine. 

There is a noise which sounds like an audio glitch that I have made go away in the air by cycling the prop. 

please see the attached video.

https://youtu.be/vaWHYbuKTd0

Edited by hazzer