JetSeat - UK purchasers

Andre will take care of you either way. I have one that we tried to get here to the U.S. during peak of Covid-19 issues (first week of April). It shows it left Russian Customs in Mid-May and nothing since. He graciously worked on a second shipment that made it here a couple weeks ago. I'm still watching that one and if/when it arrives to return it or forward it. I know he wants to streamline the process overall.

Thanks. Hopefully it won’t come to that, but it’s good to know.

Bloody hell. That’s a right royal stinging! I’ve just checked the status of mine, and it’s finally in England now. Although it says the invoice is missing, and the Jetseat has been retained by customs. So I’ll see what happens next. Looks like yours is imminent then. Fingers crossed for a speedy final push.

Yeah, that’s beyond the VAT rate, so seems excessive. Mind you, they’ve got you by the bollocks, so what can you do....

Have they given you any clue as to delivery date?

Yeah. Nothing like the firm hand of the Government squeezing ones bollocks. According to the Parcel Farce website, delivery will be tomorrow. It would seem I paid before the next day delivery cut-off.

I found my old Buttkicker G2 in the loft last week, so I spent last weekend setting it up. Also paid for the SSFA Sound Module. So I'm hoping the G2 and the Jeseat send me to a happy place.

I'm going to have to explain to the kids why they will be dipping out of Christmas again this year. Last year was the SC Carrack. This year it's the WinWing & Jetseat. Sigh.

SKdXrhX.png

@Buccaneer

Did you get your hands on it in the end?

My tracking log has changed. It is now saying that it’s at “The Post Office” until September 22nd. What Post Office? I’ve had no email, text, phone call, or notice pushed through the door. Did your tracking go the same course as this?

@Buccaneer

Did you get your hands on it in the end?

My tracking log has changed. It is now saying that it’s at “The Post Office” until September 22nd. What Post Office? I’ve had no email, text, phone call, or notice pushed through the door. Did your tracking go the same course as this?

Ahoy shipmate.

Yes. Delivered last Friday. Spent today setting up. It's a lot more comfortable than the older Gametrix.

I wouldn't put too much faith in what the tracking is telling you. But I bet you get it this week.

A forum member (Topsy Turner) has just received his JetSeat (probably the same day as me) and has started a 'setting it up' thread. Join us once you receive yours.

SKdXrhX.png

Thanks. Glad you got yours okay. I’m guessing mine will come the day after I go away to work. That’s how things usually pan out for me, lol. So probably won’t get to join your thread for at least a fortnight. How are you liking it so far?

Subjective! But it's early days yet.

I am not unfamiliar with the SimShaker family. But decided to go for Andre's updated model, the JetSeat. I have played IL2: Cliffs of Dover since 2011 online and off. But the Gametrix and Andre/f4l0 software was not created for this older title. So the model I had was very underused.

I recently installed DCS and had previously purchased a fair few aircraft modules / maps. I have pre-ordered the Reverb G2, and am doing away with physical switches, and would like to go full VR. That's the intention anyway. While researching this route, I read that subtle feedback (JetSeat/Transducers) help to overcome any nausea some people get inside the VR world. The subtle vibration cues, helps to trick the mind in to thinking the in game movement is physically happening. I don't yet know if this is true or not - yet! But will find out for sure come September (when the G2 releases).

As I have previously mentioned, I found (while looking for something else) my old Buttkicker G2 up the loft. So I spent last weekend messing about with at. While I was waiting for the JetSeat to arrive.

I attached the BK2 to my chair in accordance with their instructions but stopped short of connecting the Audio. The reason for this was because of all those 'other' threads I had read here and the IL2 Battles forum, regarding the use of a 2nd Sound Card.

I know people are successfully running the JetSeat and BK2 (and/or other transducers) alongside one another. Because I was setting up vanilla, I had the opportunity to get it right from the get-go.

My PC's MOBO is the ASUS ROG Maximus XI Extreme, and of course has a soundcard built in. However, my main audio source is a Sound BlasterX AE-5. I also had two Sabrent Audio Adapters knocking about (£7.99 from Amazon). These were brand new, never used, must have purchased them for another one of my 'get rich quick' schemes. So, the SB-X was going out to my speakers. I located a spare USB on my MOBO and used the Sabrent as the 2nd Audio channel for the BK2. The JetSeat does not need a traditional 5mm jack, as most of us use its USB connection.

I visited Andre's website to get the software I needed:

1. SimShaker for Aviators - Free.

2. SimShaker Wings - (Payware) For all those Warbirds in IL2 (specifically the yet to be released Hawker Hurricane)! This was added on to my JetSeat order.

3. SimShaker Sound Module - (Payware) Through this, you tell SimShaker what sound device to use to drive your BK / Transducer. In my case the Sabrent USB Audio plug.

I connected the BK2 to the Sabrent plug. Fired up the SimShaker Sound Module. Clicked the 'Settings' Tab, and selected Speakers (USB Audio Device) as the 'Dedicated Sound Card'. As I am only using the one transducer (the BK2) 'Max. Channels: 1 (mono)' was selected. Once done, click the 'Test' Tab and start making adustments. From here you just play a sound file to check your Amp is receiving, and this in turn driving your BK).

At first there was no vibration. So I did a bit of 'this and that' (don't ask, I can't remember what I did)! All of a sudden my chair was trying to shake itself apart. But this is where you start making adjustments on the Amp to get the levels 'just right' (another subjective area)! I turned to the internet of snake oil to try and find out what other peoples front panel (Amp) settings were. The general consensous of opinion is (and I got this from about four different sources, either SimRacing bods, and FlightSim bods):

Low Cutoff: On (pressed in)

High Cutoff: On (pressed in)

Frequency (rotary): About 40-50hz - Mine is at 40hz

I have been working 5 days a week throughout the pandemic. So I did not have the time nor inclination to test the BK2 in game before the JetSeat arrived two days ago!

I have got the JetSeat plugged in. Started to use the SimShaker for Aviators App. Once started, right click the SSFA Icon in the SysTray and click 'Start SimShaker for Aviators'. This opens the App for further settings/tweakings.

The first Tab that opens is the 'Effect Settings'. I ignored this intially because I was clueless. However, clicking the 'Service' Tab gave me options to run JetSeat and BK2.

Output Mode:

USB > JetSeat

Sound (Buttkicker and similar devices) > (Radio Button is Selected)

Start Sound Module Automatically > SimShaker Sound Module (selected from the Drop Down Menu) > This sends audio to the BK

Simultaneous Output > (Ticked) > When this is Selected the Output Mode USB JetSeat is automatically greyed out. However both devices, BK and JetSeat receive audio (simultaneously)!

Going back to the first Tab 'Effect Settings'. Here you can select the Simulation (DCS) and Model (in my case the F-14A/B) only using this while I was intially finding my way around what I was trying to do.

From here you can adjust the Strength (in my case) of both the JetSeat AND the SoundModule (BK2). I started DCS and selected the F14 Free Flight. Sure enough, I felt vibrations. But never having flown a Tomcat, I didn't know if the vibrations were true to life or not.

What I did notice though was a continous vibration, what I thought was the engine noise. So within the SSFA module I toned the Engine Rumble/Piston Beat down to 20 (default for all is 50). Back in game, there was no discernable difference, I still felt the continuous vibration with no difference in strength. To cut a long story short, a quick internet search turned up a fix. Apparently, RL pilots and Gametrix themselves suggest turning off (unticking) G Feeling Effect. So I did, and that continous vibration effect went away. The point I am making here is that all those settings are up to the individual. They will certainly need a bit of time spent on tweaking them to your own liking.

One thing I did notice though. As the throttle was winding down (in the free flight) I noticed the F-14 canopy frame vibrating slightly, and bugger me timbers if I didn't feel what I was seeing through the JetSeat!

I think it would need the community to post their own settings so they could be used as a 'good' starting point. For example, that G Effect settings, I have not come across anyone who has posted about it. But now its 'out there' some people may or may not disable it.

Topsy Turner started a thread more or less asking for peoples advice / settings / help here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=281784

Chip in if you can, once you sort yourself out.

There are probably a ton of grammatical errors in the above, but I'm off to work shortly! So apologies in advance.

Edited by =Buccaneer=
Got rid of all those double line feeds!

SKdXrhX.png

Wow, a long but cool story :-)

The F14 is shaking a lot, I plan to add some more filter/threshold that you can control if you like every cockpit shake translated to the seat or not...

But one thing I would like to get straight:

1. SimShaker for Aviators - (Payware) Licence required to use all the features.

This is not true. My software is freeware! You need the get a license from Andre for his SoundModule.

Wow, a long but cool story :-)

The F14 is shaking a lot, I plan to add some more filter/threshold that you can control if you like every cockpit shake translated to the seat or not...

But one thing I would like to get straight:

This is not true. My software is freeware! You need the get a license from Andre for his SoundModule.

Roger that f4l0 - My apologies. I got carried away. Fantastic software, and would have no problem paying for it. I have edited my original post to reflect that it isn't payware sir.

SKdXrhX.png

Roger that f4l0 - My apologies. I got carried away. Fantastic software, and would have no problem paying for it. I have edited my original post to reflect that it isn't payware sir.

I would also point out, he takes donations, there is a link in SSA.

I7-9700KF@5ghz, 32GB DDR4 3200, RTX 3090, Pimax 5k+, Virpil T-50CM2 base with Warthog, F/A-18, T-50cm, and VFX grips, Saitek X65F, Saitek Switch Panel, TM Cougar MFDs, TM TPR pedals, JetSeat and bass pucks, H640P for VRK, PointCtrl

3rd Space Vest project for basic G Seat/G Suit simulation

Thanks Buccaneer. That is quite a slab of info you have posted there. I shall certainly use it as a source of reference if mine ever turns up. Much appreciated :)

You're welcome shipmate. The more people pass on their experience, the less people struggle trying to setup.

Hoping fl40 might pop back and let us know what settings he has dialed in for the F14!

ETA: If you look here https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=175028&page=280 from comment #2790 onward. fl40 suggests a dead zone for the G-Effect (which I will be trying)!

Edited by =Buccaneer=
Added the other thread

SKdXrhX.png

Hi Buccaneer...so I am now officially " Topsy Turner" ........:) ?

BTW, have got mine set up pretty well, just have 3 or 4 effects I would like to work on ( or get worked on by someone else, as my skills for this are not really up to scratch...) to make the whole experience complete.......

The buttkicker can add a pretty decent thump or bang where the jet pad cant, so the combination of both is definitely a winner, once you can get the gremlins ironed out....#

I am hoping f410 can take a look at my suggestions in the other thread........

Edited by markturner1960

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

Hi Buccaneer...so I am now officially " Topsy Turner" ........:) ?

I am hoping f410 can take a look at my suggestions in the other thread........

Topsy Turner .... This is the nickname you would have in the Royal Navy. Some of your best Oppo's would call you Mark!

You would be rubbing shoulders with Smudge Smith, Knocker White, Slinger Wood, Rattler Morgan, Banjo West, Bungy Williams or Edwards, Fez Parker, Buster Brown, Spud Murphy, Buck Rogers, Shep Wolley, Pony More Spud Murphy, Buck Rogers, Shep Wolley, Pony More, Dusty or Windy Miller, Nobby Hall or Clark/e, Daisy May or Adams, Soapy Watson, Swampy Marsh, Sweeny Todd, Stickey Green, Bagsy Baker, Bomber Harris, Bogey Knight, Brigham Young, Bunney Warren, Dolly Gray, Dodger Long, Dicky Bird, Darby Allen, Dutchy Holland, Perry Mason, Pincher Martin..... To name but a few.

I am keeping my eye on your thread. The more I am using the JetSeat/BK2 combo, the more I am getting to like it.

Edited by =Buccaneer=
Added a few more surnames - Because I can.

SKdXrhX.png

I kinda like it actually.......!

Sadly the other thread is not getting much action......

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

First the good news...... I’ve finally received notice that my JetSeat is ready for delivery.

The not so good news..... I owe £54 in customs charges

The lousy news...... In typical Sod’s Law fashion, the soonest I could have it is tomorrow. However, tomorrow I travel away to work, so shan’t see it for quite some time. The letter from ParcelForce has been perfectly choreographed to feck me over in the cruellest possible way.

Oh well, at least it’s definitely coming :)

Yeah, I got ****ed over by HMRC as well.......

Well, at least you know its here in the UK!

I want to know how come they charged me £60 and only charged you £54! I must have had the Customs bloke with a grudge.

I want to use a Matt Wagner phrase here - Asshats!

Maybe you’ve got a real posh post code, and they figured you can afford it? :harhar: