Can I buddy laser of AI?

t_hedlund

So is it possible to buddy lase for an AI wingman or another AI flight?

I have been doing some testing with the targeting pod on the F-16, and I was trying to get my AI wingman to hit the target that I'm lasing, but I can't tell if it is his approach/tech or if I'm doing something wrong. He is engaging the correct target but is always off target.

I have tried a few searches on the subject and I couldn't find anything that was helpful.

Thank you!

www.tomhedlund.com

Modules: A-10C, A-10CII. F-16, AV8B, F-5E, F-14, F/A-18C, P-51, BF-109, F-86, FC3, Ka-50, UH-1H, Mig-15, Mig-21, YAK-52, L-39.

Maps: NTTR, PG, Normandy. Syria...

Others: Super Carrier, WWII Asset Pack

Do you lock the tgp on target then lase and give command attack my target? Very curious to know if this can be done also.

MODULES: A10C Warthog,AH-64 D APACHE,AJS Viggen,AV8B Harrier,BF109 K4,C101 Aviojet,F14 Tomcat,F15E Eagle,F16 Viper,F5 Tiger,F86 Sabre,FA18C Hornet,FW190A8,FW190D9,I16 Ishak,JF17 Thunder,KA50 Blackshark,L39Albatros,Mirage2000C,Mirage F-1,MI24P,MI8MVT2,MIG15BIS,MIG19P,MIG21BIS,Mosquito FB VI,P51D Mustang,P47D Thunderbolt,SA342 Gazell,SpitfireIX,TF51D,UH1H Huey,Yak52.

OTHER:Flamming cliffs,Combined Arms,WW2 Assets Pack,SuperCarrier.

TERRAINS: Nevada,Caucasus,Normandy,Persian Gulf,Syria,Channel,Marianas. 

I did some additional testing and it appears that there is no connection to the target that I'm lasing and to which target my wingman aims for.

As far as my approach, I would lase a target (in this case a tank) and call to my wingman to attack my target, which did nothing. I then told them to attack ground targets and when there was only a few targets available it seems like they followed the laser, but once 12 targets are out there, it became a free for all.

I also found it interesting, that even with wingman set to expert, and loaded with 4 LGB, static tanks, they missed all of them.

As far as the laser code, I had everything set to 1688, but I'm going to trying and set my wingman up with 1687 to see if that will help or hurt.

Edited by t_hedlund
wrong lase code number

www.tomhedlund.com

Modules: A-10C, A-10CII. F-16, AV8B, F-5E, F-14, F/A-18C, P-51, BF-109, F-86, FC3, Ka-50, UH-1H, Mig-15, Mig-21, YAK-52, L-39.

Have you tried keeping laser off until 10-13 seconds before impact? I know this would be hard/impossible with wingman but lasing to soon takes bomb off its natural trajectory. Since we dont have an impact timer I use weapon release view and wait to see bomb arcing downward and tben lase.

I have tried firing the laser at various times. 1st round of testing I would start when they would announce that they were running in, then tired when they made the call bombs away. I believe that in one of the passes I was lasing for about 15 seconds before his bombs hit.

As far as laser codes, I did another round of testing, where I would hop in and out of my wingmans jet, to check on the codes. Is it possible that the code change to 1688 when I'm in the jet and then change to a different code once I bounce back to my jet?

www.tomhedlund.com

Absolutely possible. First thing I would try is to detect if the AI is even using a laser at all. Watch the area with laser sensing equipment and see if the AI even emits a laser.

Next you can try to control an AI's LGB by deleting the AI unit after he releases (so there's no interference from him). Then try to guide his bomb.