Next possible module that has no MFD

J-20

Next possible module that has no MFD  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Next possible module that has no MFD

Gave some votes. After the JF-17 I find the chinese planes/"knockoffs" quite interesting, since it's away from the usual UDSSR/Western stuff.

how is JF-17 a "knockoffs"?

As for all those planes which were actually based on existing Soviet design are found to be superior than the version that they were "knocked-off" from.

As for all those planes which were actually based on existing Soviet design are found to be superior than the version that they were "knocked-off" from.

Except for F-6 I think, didn’t have a radar ranging gunsight like MiG-17F

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

Quite frankly, I will pass on this whole list. There is nothing iconic or that interesting listed here. The Russian inspired planes are more interesting. Mostly because we cannot get the original ones but Deka cannot make those.

Not sure if apart from JF-17, Deka even have permission to make any Chinese jet with MFDs.

I would very much like if Deka gives us a full blown large bomber or even a military transport plane. Those are greatly missing from this game and I believe they will sell like hot cakes.

Current Hangar : A-10C II ¦ AJS-37 ¦ A/V-8B ¦ F-14A/B ¦ F/A-18C ¦ FC3 ¦ JF-17 ¦ Ka-50 III ¦ Mi-8 ¦ M2000-C ¦ SA342 ¦ UH-1H

Other Modules : Combined Arms ¦ Persian Gulf

TRAINED - LEARNING - LOW EXPERIENCE - ABANDONED

Quite frankly, I will pass on this whole list. There is nothing iconic or that interesting listed here. The Russian inspired planes are more interesting. Mostly because we cannot get the original ones but Deka cannot make those.

Not sure if apart from JF-17, Deka even have permission to make any Chinese jet with MFDs.

I would very much like if Deka gives us a full blown large bomber or even a military transport plane. Those are greatly missing from this game and I believe they will sell like hot cakes.

That's not true, I'd even be willing to take something such as the F-7B

In sims Chinese Origin planes have been quite often overly neglected despite them being quite popular in the export market and proliferating like wild fire,

You can't have Marianas, Malay-Indonesian or Korean map without PLAAF planes or any East Asian map for that matter

I didn't say the JF-17 is a knockoff. But for some of the planes, based on soviet machines, they are kinda "knockoffs" (I dont have anything better to describe it). No matter the performance.

As Terrorban already said - Some of the designs would be interesting.

1000 flights, 1000 crashes - perfect record

I didn't say the JF-17 is a knockoff. But for some of the planes, based on soviet machines, they are kinda "knockoffs" (I dont have anything better to describe it). No matter the performance.

As Terrorban already said - Some of the designs would be interesting.

Well. Since those variant are extinct and unique. I think the word you are looking for is Chinese Variant. In terms of performance, since they are better, then the correct term would be upgraded variant.

qLjvyQ3.png

My Adorable Communist Errand Girls  🙂

Led by me, the Communist Errand Panda 🥰

Attention. The Q-5II in the poll, I actually meant Q-5III.

Before you start get all excited, I am not connected with Deka and this is only a wishlist thread for friendly discussion and a place to express our desire for certain planes. The choice is still Deka's.

While Deka hasn't decide their next project or module yet, some of their members did express some desire of making an older plane which has no MFD, and it should be a unique plane.

So I dug around and came up with the following:

1:J-12 Li Xiangyang

In the late 60s, China wanted to have a new fighter that can out match the MiG-19 and MiG-21 (mainly MiG-21F-13 since it was the only variant known to the public) in all aspect. It should be able to outmaneuver the MiG-19, at the same time must be able to out-accelerate and out-climb the MiG-21.

lFPRBha.jpg

At the time, the Chinese Air force was experimenting a new type of air battle doctrine know as "People's Air War", a spin off of the "People's War" Doctrine. In People's War doctrine, in case of invasion, the military should give weapons such as rifles and grenades to the people to arm the people. So when situation needed or when opportunity present itself, people can take arms against invaders. This doctrine worked well during the WW2 and the Civilian war. Whenever enemy enters a location, the people are civilian by day, guerrillas fighters by night. Since most of the Communists pilots were once upon a time such an guerrillas fighter, they came up with this People's air war doctrine where the state will design a simple, easy to maintain fighter that can take off from farms and must be small enough to hide in the barn. And the state will distribute those fighters to the people so whenever an foreign fighter enters Chinese air space, people can just take off and intercept them. The enemy won't even know where did the interceptors come from.

Since the fighter is design to fight this new air guerrilla war, it was named Li Xiangyang, a well know WW2 communist guerrilla war hero on one of the well known TV series at the time. Li Xiangyang is actually an artistically created composite character mainly based on the life of war hero Guo Xin (please see pictures below)

Picture 1: Li Xiangyang on the popular TV series

c125-hxhyiun2583759.jpg

Picture 2: Guo Xin

mCSbv2i.png

Since Li Xiangyang always uses 2 Mauser C96 pistols, he was giving a nicky name "Twin gunner". Therefore, J-12 was giving 2 cannons, 1 in 23mm (120 rounds) and another in 30mm (80 rounds). 2 wing tip pylons was also giving for the PL-2B missiles (probably the equivalent of the AIM-9E).

qOHVMM4.jpg

V11sJSY.jpg

Later, the design requirement was changed since it was obvious, in contemporary warfare, an aircraft must have BVR search capability is essential for all weather operations, a radar was added to the design.

UpdweNx.jpg

w0VmC8f.jpg

The aircraft has a climb rate of 180m/s, a ceiling of 17410m, but due to its small size and weight (3.1 ton), it only has a max speed of 1.5 mach and a max range of 1167km without external tanks. It had fulfilled all the initial requirements. However, the People's Air War doctrine was eventually gave up be the air force because it is highly unpractical and uneconomical. Since the range is so short, if you give this plane to villagers, it can only be used to protect the village and maybe a few other villages and towns close by. Spending millions of yuan just to protect a few villages isn't considered a good way to use tax payer's money. If you want to protect the whole nation with fighters like those, even the US today probably doesn't have that kind of money. At the same time, a few J-8s with professionally trained pilot can do the job better with much lowered cost by comparison (Due to J-8's long-range and 2.2 mach top speed, 2.4 mach if you ignore the safety protocal). Therefore, the air force eventually gave up on the J-12. But nevertheless, it was still a cool concept. Just image if it was implemented and everybody has their jet fighters. That is some good world setting for the future Final Fantasy Game right there.

2: La-11

This is probably the first fighter aircraft that had entered the PLAAF service in mass. It was used in Korea War by Chinese Air force against US P-51s and F4Us. Say, someone is making F4U as we speak, right?

11-4.jpg

3: IL-10

Good old beast used by PLAAF in Korea War. If PLAAF had started to use Q for their attacker designation at the time, this will no doubt to be the Q-1.

44472_1130174988.jpg

4: Tu-2

Used mainly in Korea War, withdraw from the service after H-5 entered the service.

57906_1301901801.jpg

Now the following planes I had already mentioned in my previous thread. If you want more info about them please see the link https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=249861

5: J-5A

The Chinese variant of MiG-17PF.

Unlike the Soviet MiG-17 variants, between the radar, missiles, and cannons, you can only have 2 of them, but never all of them. For example: MiG-17F has missile and cannon, but no radar; MiG-17PF has radar, cannon but no missiles; and MiG-17PM has missile and radar but no cannon.

But for J-5A (please see picture below), it has 3x23mm, a radar and 2 hardpoints for PL-1(K-5) and PL-1B(K-55) missiles.

KgbZrZv.png

6: J-6III

A unique variant of Chinese MiG-19 with redesigned wings and air intake to increase climb rate, maneuverability and speed.

BsX4a1z.jpg

7: J-8I

It is the first true Chinese designed plane. It is a high-altitude, high-speed interceptor that was designed to go after any strategic recon planes like the U-2 and any strategic bombers that may threaten the nation's safety.

It has amaximum speed of Mach 2.2, a service ceiling of over 20,000m, a sea-level climb rate of 200m/s, and a combat radius of 750~1,000km.

The J-8E is the final variant of the the J-8I series and all domestic variants of J-8I have been upgraded to J-8E standard.

YYMl8JW.png

8: Q-5III

Q-5 is an attacker plane design by China during the cold war.

Q-5III is the most iconic and internationally most widespread version. And it is the first variant equiped with an all aspect RWR.

8aXnGDf.jpg

Crew: One

Wingspan: 9.68m

Length: 16.727m

Height: 4.19m

Empty weight: 6,400kg

Normal take-off weight: 9,530kg

Max take-off weight: 11,317kg

Max weapon payload: 2,000kg

Max speed: Mach 1.12 (sea level) or Mach 1.5 (10,975m)

Range: Ferry range less than 2,000km with two drop tanks, combat radius 400km on a lo-lo-lo attack mission with maximum warload, or 600km on a hi-lo-hi attack mission with maximum warload

Service ceiling: 16,500m

9: Q-5D

The best variant in service.

introduced during the 1996 Taiwan Strait Crisis, the separate doppler navigation system and GPS of the Q-5C was replaced by the DG-1 integrated doppler navigation/GPS system. Other systems included the ALR-1 Laser rangefinder/Marked Target seeker and QHK-10 Head Up Display. A new weapon aiming sight, the SH-1II, replaced the older SH-1I, and No. 5311 Factory managed to successfully integrate this sight with the new laser range finder and Type 205 navigation radar.

cQB9CLC.jpg

Some unconfirmed images indicates that this variant of Q-5 is upgraded to equip a new targeting pod to guide laser guided bombs.

66d0wh1.jpg

10: H-5

If this is made, it will be the first dedicated bomber of the DCS series.

It can be used to simulate a variety of scenario from 60s to 90s.

Since it is long out of service, there wouldn't be any issues from the government.

PLAAF_IL-28_01.png

Now, I know some of you may want to ask, where is J-7. Well, J-7G is most iconic variant in Chinese J-7 designs now. And it has a lot of MFDs :P

So if you love that one, feel free to leave a comment here and vote in this link below.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=249861

Il28?

The only plane I would be interested in... would be like an IL28. all the older chinese stuff is more or less a direct soviet clone.

I would like ED to say 'f it - 1930 to 1999' for planes. even then theyll never get anything post say 1990 from russia. Id love a su24 and I consider that very iffy if they could get solid documentation.

But thats where theres at least a chance of enough info and documents on both sides for full fidelity sims.

otherwise whats the point really? If theyre going to do planes theyll never be able to get real info on why bother with research and all that anyways? just assign them numbers and go like I assume a lot of games do

• ED Team

Dear all,

This is a poll with choice about different modules you would like to see, people have the right to chose what they want, and their opinions are allowed to be different than yours. As well, we are not going to tolerate disparaging of any country, culture, etc. So please focus on the topic, and respect each others opinions on what they like, you cannot tell someone else what they like.

Thanks.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

• 4 weeks later...
J-5A seem to be the best option for now.

yep, I want to see J-5A too. So we don't waste a 3rd party developer's time to develop a MiG-17 which is less fun. I do hope we can get a F-86K to match it too.

• 3 weeks later...
Dear all,

This is a poll with choice about different modules you would like to see, people have the right to chose what they want, and their opinions are allowed to be different than yours. As well, we are not going to tolerate disparaging of any country, culture, etc. So please focus on the topic, and respect each others opinions on what they like, you cannot tell someone else what they like.

Thanks.

geez Im REALLY curious what the 2 post after mine said

J20 if it was twds me PM me. I dont tattletale. if you wanna say something say it, I wont censor you. I may curse back at you tho

yep, I want to see J-5A too. So we don't waste a 3rd party developer's time to develop a MiG-17 which is less fun. I do hope we can get a F-86K to match it too.

agree also mig17 too close to 19.

I wish ED would basically say DCS is 1939 to 1991. but it wont happen. everyone loves the new stuff too much

it leaves us hard up for redfor

Id love ( not plaaf necessarily) a su24. I like the seating (just like most of all I want an a6 then F4) but Also I feel the russians *MAY * come off the specs or someone else bc its old

Russian_Air_Force_MiG-25.jpg

Mig-25PD or PDS please.

could even branch it out into the BM and RBT variants.

Nope, I believe Deka already stated that they will focus only on Chinese planes.

So if you love cold war 3rd gen interceptors so much, then the good news for you is that Deka had expressed some interest in making J-8II module before.

Edited by J-20

Thanks for point that out. When I saw the picture, I was suspicious of it too.

Man I had hard time finding a cockpit picture of J-7G. So far the only one I can find is the civilian airshow version of it, which has no radar nor weapon.

vXbnGcP.png

N3cnZ6r.png

I believe this is a video of PAF F-7PG simulator, it may be a bit different from J-7 im nt sure, but it looks good though:

Edited by MAKhan

F-7PG is not actually an export version of J-7G. It is an J-7E. It has no search radar.

Major Improvements

More powerful WP-13 Engine, improvement in acceleration time from 500 kph to 1100 kph and an equally impressive time-to-climb to 36,000 AMSL. More powerful Grifo-MG radar with better ECCM, look-down and shoot-down capabilities than its predecessor Grifo-Mk-II. The number of targets can be tracked simultaneously increased from the original 4 of the Grifo-Mk-II to a total of 8 of the Grifo-MG. Regarding modern avionics upgrades these included a Stores Management System, which is essentially a useful cockpit-pilot interface to help establish the status of stores including configuration, fusing and weapon codes etc. A voice warning system, colour video recorder, elaborate cockpit lighting and a more precise and jitter–free AOA probe are nice-to-have improvements. The colour EFIS includes two displays, one for the attitude and the other for the heading and navigation sub-systems like ADF, VOR, TACAN, ILS etc

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/f7pg-the-nimble-paf-fighter-nobody-talks-about.659857/

Pakistan even has the facility to repair overhaul and make the Grifo radars at Kamra. You can see it in the new Kamra video, warning though this state sponsored with a pretty nationalist stance, but there is a lot you can see in the video, including JF-17 assembly and the JF-17B sim cockpit they use to test avionics(it has a central pedestal and other stuff)

They make it sound like they achieved the ability to make the fuselage, and only import the engines, but I could be wrong

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

Pakistan even has the facility to repair overhaul and make the Grifo radars at Kamra. You can see it in the new Kamra video, warning though this state sponsored with a pretty nationalist stance, but there is a lot you can see in the video, including JF-17 assembly and the JF-17B sim cockpit they use to test avionics(it has a central pedestal and other stuff)

They make it sound like they achieved the ability to make the fuselage, and only import the engines, but I could be wrong

Did you see the part about the Bravos tail? they have made a fuel cell in the tail, to make up for the fuel loss due to the second seat. Interesting right? Never knew the tail can also store fuel!

Did you see the part about the Bravos tail? they have made a fuel cell in the tail, to make up for the fuel loss due to the second seat. Interesting right? Never knew the tail can also store fuel!

I always heard because of its placement it’s to be used up during taxing, that way it won’t affect in flight CG