Can I make a suggestion to ED / DCS

BrumTx

As you see in various threads, some of us like razorback, trigger, cat and I are building the BS cockpit. If you also plan to build some panels, we can share ideas. But if you are not into making custom panels because of the lack of interest or knowledge in switches, interface cards, programming etc. you can easily get some toggle switches or push button panels from GoFlight. Just plug in the USB cables, record the key presses for your desired key functions, then you're ready to go. They are a bit pricey, but hasslefree if you just need to add some switches besides those on the HOTAS. There is also one with four encoders. Guess that one will be useful for the ABRIS knobs, or the three knobs in center panel and the HUD brightness knob.

I would love to build a complete cockpit but for several reasons i have to stick with my current "multi purpose game frame", which of course isn't bad either. This allows me switching between different setups for simracing or flying. I'm using a plasma lite v2 for all the switches and potis. This device also supports rotary encoders, which might be, as you mentioned, pretty useful for operating the ABRIS system.

But what kind of switches could be useful too?

• Like 1

I would love to build a complete cockpit but for several reasons i have to stick with my current "multi purpose game frame", which of course isn't bad either. This allows me switching between different setups for simracing or flying. I'm using a plasma lite v2 for all the switches and potis. This device also supports rotary encoders, which might be, as you mentioned, pretty useful for operating the ABRIS system.

Your multipurpose game frame is outstanding! I race in rFactor and GTR2 too so it could be more usefull for me than only flight sim cp. If I start bulding a setup it would look just like yours. :thumbup:

I don't see the need of building whole cp for BS really since we'll get same cp in 6DOF in game. I will be slower with finding proper switch but in combat I think HOTAS will be enough. Despite my view I think simpit building can be really a fun.

I like your set up as mine is almost identical in looks and purpose! I use a playseat for mine and have a removable mount for the stick in the middle, though I use a projector for visuals. Very cool set up and very beefy looking, is it a pre built kit or something you put together? I'm guessin the latter but in any case good job dude!

Just a reminder that we've previously said we would like to release the game manual ahead of time, if circumstances permit. Naturally, the Ka-50 control functions will be covered in there.

That's most important to me! Even if it's not possible to release the whole manual (because too much to cover etc.), can we release the crucial part, ie. explaining the cockpit switches and their functions? I've problem translating the cryllic characters. Explainations about types of weapons like missiles and bombs, flight school, combat tactics etc. can wait! :P

Besides a few encoders for the HUD or ABRIS, have a set of toggle switches, a set of push buttons, and rotary switches! These can be bought off the shelf like Goflight's, or home built. Then choose the functions that you want. There are more rotary switches than encoders in the BS pit, I'm building them for sure. Don't think the HOTAS can cover so many switches. Even if it can, it'd be hard to remember them. Sure you can print out and stick it in front of you, but in the heat of combat it's no time to be referring to it. I still find it more intuitive to mimick the actual pit. I won't be building the whole BS pit, but the important ones to me. The HOTAS is not meant to replace a hundred switches.

Not a suggestion but a question,

In LO / FC the helicopters have to land and take off on runways, well near the runways, in BS will we be able to take off and land from ( for arguements sake ) a wooded area or a beach or somewhere away from the usual runways, no doubt this question has been asked before but I can't find it

You can land on rooftops, middle of forest, top of a mountain, over a bridge, almost under a bridge, right in the middle of a farm, all tested..

[sIGPIC]http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa200/misikci/41-imza-1.jpg[/sIGPIC]

"To infinity...and beyond!.."

SIM-MOD Modeler

TURK!

thanks Yeniceri it will make a nice change , more realistic we hope

Remember the 346 Fire Fighters, Medics & Police who died on 9-11.......

Selective memory is a wonderful thing, especially when certain posts simply disappear into the ether never to be seen again, unless I have a copy of the original post copied and pasted into word documents and saved .... just in case :)

Am I an abusive idiot ?

Due to physical incapacity my Wife types my post's for me

Your multipurpose game frame is outstanding! I race in rFactor and GTR2 too so it could be more usefull for me than only flight sim cp. If I start bulding a setup it would look just like yours. :thumbup:

I don't see the need of building whole cp for BS really since we'll get same cp in 6DOF in game. I will be slower with finding proper switch but in combat I think HOTAS will be enough. Despite my view I think simpit building can be really a fun.

Thx! Yes pitbuilding is a lot of fun and sometimes i'm not really sure what makes more fun- playing or simming :)

I like your set up as mine is almost identical in looks and purpose! I use a playseat for mine and have a removable mount for the stick in the middle, though I use a projector for visuals. Very cool set up and very beefy looking, is it a pre built kit or something you put together? I'm guessin the latter but in any case good job dude!

Glad you like it. The frame is selfbuild. I decided to use those alu profiles because they allow me to be very flexible with the setup, seating position etc.

Besides a few encoders for the HUD or ABRIS, have a set of toggle switches, a set of push buttons, and rotary switches! These can be bought off the shelf like Goflight's, or home built. Then choose the functions that you want. There are more rotary switches than encoders in the BS pit, I'm building them for sure. Don't think the HOTAS can cover so many switches. Even if it can, it'd be hard to remember them. Sure you can print out and stick it in front of you, but in the heat of combat it's no time to be referring to it. I still find it more intuitive to mimick the actual pit. I won't be building the whole BS pit, but the important ones to me. The HOTAS is not meant to replace a hundred switches.

Okay, i guess i will start with a small panel for the ABRIS system and then i will see if i need more once BS has been released.

• 4 weeks later...

By watching lockon videos there has been something bothering me about the AI appearance. Convoys of vehicles look a little odd because they line up in a row perfectly. I think it would be nicer to have a random small offset from the centerline.

That's my suggestion for today :)

By watching lockon videos there has been something bothering me about the AI appearance. Convoys of vehicles look a little odd because they line up in a row perfectly. I think it would be nicer to have a random small offset from the centerline.

That's my suggestion for today :)

You are right. I realy like that idea, it would be a little more relistic. ranbomize their speeds for catch up and slowing down. Looks like their all tied to a rope and being pulled along. :huh:

Home built PC Win 10 Pro 64bit, MB ASUS Z170 WS, 6700K, EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid, 32GB DDR4 3200, Thermaltake 120x360 RAD, Custom built A-10C sim pit, TM WARTHOG HOTAS, Cougar MFD's, 3D printed UFC and Saitek rudders. HTC VIVE VR.

https://digitalcombatmercenaries.enjin.com/

You are right. I realy like that idea, it would be a little more relistic. ranbomize their speeds for catch up and slowing down. Looks like their all tied to a rope and being pulled along. :huh:

Small random delays before AI engages in behaviours (eg. turning to attack a target, opening fire) would also produce a very impressive feel.

The same goes for things like whether wingmen climbs to fire on a target from 40 metres altitude or 70 metres altitude. If the random offsets were associated with each AI vehicle during a mission it would give the impression of their being different crew at the controls.

Of course you couldn't randomise things like the actual aiming routine but slight delays to the start time for behaviours or slight changes to the position from which the behaviours start or the burst lengths would be possible.