Can I make a suggestion to ED / DCS

BrumTx

When BS comes out people will need to get new Joysticks etc just to cope with all the new avionics etc, would it be possible now to start producing joystick maps etc for the release date, obviously only the common joysticks X52 / 45, Cougar, etc. Just a thought I don't know if this has been mentioned before ...... sorry if it has. What are our basic needs going to be for flying this wonderful new sim ?????

:pilotfly::pilotfly::pilotfly:

Remember the 346 Fire Fighters, Medics & Police who died on 9-11.......

Selective memory is a wonderful thing, especially when certain posts simply disappear into the ether never to be seen again, unless I have a copy of the original post copied and pasted into word documents and saved .... just in case :)

Am I an abusive idiot ?

Due to physical incapacity my Wife types my post's for me

There will be a few joy stick pre maped out for you. This was already brought up. We were trying to get the key maping out of them, with no luck.:noexpression:

Home built PC Win 10 Pro 64bit, MB ASUS Z170 WS, 6700K, EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid, 32GB DDR4 3200, Thermaltake 120x360 RAD, Custom built A-10C sim pit, TM WARTHOG HOTAS, Cougar MFD's, 3D printed UFC and Saitek rudders. HTC VIVE VR.

https://digitalcombatmercenaries.enjin.com/

Key command list?

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

Thanks for quick answers

Selective memory is a wonderful thing, especially when certain posts simply disappear into the ether never to be seen again, unless I have a copy of the original post copied and pasted into word documents and saved .... just in case :)

Am I an abusive idiot ?

Yes a key command list Aero, Does anyone know what will be the basic joystick you will need , will it be an X-52 ??? OR ..... what will ED/ DCS suggest as a basic stick

Am I an abusive idiot ?

Yes a key command list Aero, Does anyone know what will be the basic joystick you will need , will it be an X-52 ??? OR ..... what will ED/ DCS suggest as a basic stick

you can use anything but the suggested is a three (3) pice stick, throtle and pedals. any combo Will do. rember you pay a little more you get a little more some times. :music_whistling:

Home built PC Win 10 Pro 64bit, MB ASUS Z170 WS, 6700K, EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid, 32GB DDR4 3200, Thermaltake 120x360 RAD, Custom built A-10C sim pit, TM WARTHOG HOTAS, Cougar MFD's, 3D printed UFC and Saitek rudders. HTC VIVE VR.

https://digitalcombatmercenaries.enjin.com/

You should ideally have at least stick and throttle. You can do with just stick, but it's not terribly comfortable to fly the heli that way. And Rudder pedals will rock - that thing requires a lot of yaw control.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

• ED Team

As an alternate to pedals, I use the mini-stick on my CH Pro Thottle in the X-axis (I use a modded Cougar stick as my cyclic). That works quite well for me. As mentioned, you should be good to go be it CH, TM, Saitek or Logitech. As for programming, I personally never use joystick maps, instead I use the built in input options to assign all buttons and axis.

There's no any restriction concerning joysticks. I'm using vanilla X52 and it works just fine. I don't have pedals though and I have to use the twist instead which makes it harder to precise the necessary control input but with proper trimming and a lot of practice you can get there.

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=

Just a follow up question to the joystick mapping...

Just a quick question for the beta testers using a X52. Though I have not done it in the past with other games, with BS, I think I may look into making a custom joystick map for my X52 and G15 keyboard. Do any of the beta testers or devs plan on using the different X52 "modes" (green, orange, red- modes via side rocker), for the game. I was thinking about using "green" for start-up/ system stuff, "orange" for general flying tasks, and "red" for combat. Is this an old idea or something that the devs just leave up to us? If its already being done, then sorry for the bother. Thanks for all your work on this project.

This is my philosophy alone, but ... you should keep anything non-HOTAS related OFF the HOTAS.

That in and of itself is part of the simulation I'd think. In fact, I believe you'd be worse off putting all the startup switches on your HOTAS than not. There's basically zero reason, IMHO, to put anything but your radio/trigger/trim/AP on/off function switches on the HOTAS (and whatever else is on the stick, like the lase/lock button etc). At most, button 5 of the ABRIS in addition to all that.

Just a quick question for the beta testers using a X52. Though I have not done it in the past with other games, with BS, I think I may look into making a custom joystick map for my X52 and G15 keyboard. Do any of the beta testers or devs plan on using the different X52 "modes" (green, orange, red- modes via side rocker), for the game. I was thinking about using "green" for start-up/ system stuff, "orange" for general flying tasks, and "red" for combat. Is this an old idea or something that the devs just leave up to us? If its already being done, then sorry for the bother. Thanks for all your work on this project.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Guys, I saw a X52 mod of adding collective to Stock X52 throttle. I'm not sure who made it but looks best so far! Probably works best in simulating rotowings too!
Mod by urze. GG has right. You want a simulation? Put same number of buttons as on real HOTAS. This is made in that way not without reason. Whole team and test pilots decided what should be placed on stick and collective. Anyone has the charts of Ka-50 HOTAS?
  • Like 1

There's no any restriction concerning joysticks. I'm using vanilla X52 and it works just fine. I don't have pedals though and I have to use the twist instead which makes it harder to precise the necessary control input but with proper trimming and a lot of practice you can get there.

I have x52 and pedals but don't have BS beta :(...

Not a suggestion but a question,

In LO / FC the helicopters have to land and take off on runways, well near the runways, in BS will we be able to take off and land from ( for arguements sake ) a wooded area or a beach or somewhere away from the usual runways, no doubt this question has been asked before but I can't find it

Am I an abusive idiot ?

Not a suggestion but a question,

In LO / FC the helicopters have to land and take off on runways, well near the runways, in BS will we be able to take off and land from ( for arguements sake ) a wooded area or a beach or somewhere away from the usual runways, no doubt this question has been asked before but I can't find it

Yes, is BS we will have the ability to place a FARP (I don't know what it stands for) I am assuming pretty much anywhere in the BS theater. I do not really know the limitations of the mission editor, so there may be hot spots where we cannot place the small heli pads, ei. next to buildings, but I know that it is a planned feature.

What kind of button (rotational, on/off, hat-switch) do you use for the most time? Or what kind of buttons would you recommend me if i would build a custom panel?

As you see in various threads, some of us like razorback, trigger, cat and I are building the BS cockpit. If you also plan to build some panels, we can share ideas. But if you are not into making custom panels because of the lack of interest or knowledge in switches, interface cards, programming etc. you can easily get some toggle switches or push button panels from GoFlight. Just plug in the USB cables, record the key presses for your desired key functions, then you're ready to go. They are a bit pricey, but hasslefree if you just need to add some switches besides those on the HOTAS. There is also one with four encoders. Guess that one will be useful for the ABRIS knobs, or the three knobs in center panel and the HUD brightness knob.