FA18C Throttle

I have had the "bug" since day1, but today it is messing with my mind today.

1. Open Beta

2. X56 HOTAS and rudder peds (calibrated)

3. Assigned correct axis to HOTA in sim( checked axis tune)

4. Placing a/c at land base. player

5. choosing "start on ramp hot",(altitude displays airfield alt. Air Speed shows 127kts)

6. save mission.

7. start mission

8. in pit, RPM jumps to 100% with throttles full aft

9. A/c begins to roll (brakes won't stop it)

10. Advance Throttle position to 100 % then reduce to idle

11. RPM comes down to the 61*64 %

only in FA18 other a/c OK

What the flip is going on????:mad:

Edited by oldpop

Increased dead zone to 6. on "FLY", stand on brakes, throttles at idle, power comes on at 100%. Advanced throttle quickly to 'full" then back to idle, power reduces to 64%.

Why does the ME show the airspeed at 127kts when "start on ramp hot" selected, should it not be at "0"kts?

In point #10 your "then" is missing the "n" :). That makes it easy to misread (and assume the posters first language isn't english) and assume it says "they" rather than "then" which would imply that you move the throttle to full and it goes to 65%.

I really haven't played with the ME much, but I think somewhere the fact that it thinks you are at 127 kts and the fact that it is starting at 100% throttle is where you're problem is coming from rather than anything with your throttle (since it goes back to idle after you move the position of your throttle). I would have assumed that "start on ramp hot" would have started at idle, but maybe there is something else that needs tweaking.

anytime i have had controller issues i make note or export what i have, clear everything, thEn :smilewink: redo all of it the way i like it. i think sometimes the configs get squirrely.

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

throttle

removed the FA18 from DCS, deleted all FA18 files, ran a "repair" reinstalled A/C, reset default control setting on X56, and in sim and still having most of the problem.1

More data. when I have made a mission with several FA18 (player and clients), the FIRST a/c I enter, the throttles start a FULL, until I advance them maybe 1 inch, then the reduce to idle.

If I then choose a new role in the mission, all works OK.

attached is the mission

t1.miz

hmm i have noticed that my zoom has been off at a mission start. but i fix that via the paddle on my throttle. just a quick tap centers the zoom level. what does the control overlay show? does this only happen to the F18?

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

• 5 weeks later...
Increased dead zone to 6. on "FLY", stand on brakes, throttles at idle, power comes on at 100%. Advanced throttle quickly to 'full" then back to idle, power reduces to 64%.

This isn’t all that uncommon. Whenever I start the Huey “Instant Action” mission in the Caucuses, I have to make sure I’ve lowered the collective. Otherwise, as soon as I move my collective, I jump into the air because the Huey is all ready running. I find that I usually have to load an earlier controls profile after an update because the update can really screw up your settings if you don’t.

When all else fails, READ THE INSTRUCTIONS!

i-7 8700K Coffee Lake 5 GHz OC CPU, 32GB Corsair 3200 RAM, GTX1080 Ti 11Gb VRAM. Controls - Thrustmaster Warthog H.O.T.A.S., Saitek Pro rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Oculus Rift S, Rift CV1

I have formed the habit of cycling all my control axes at the briefing screen . I often get throttle/rudder/ brake issues if i don't , but never if i do . This needs be done only once per boot .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2