Upcoming updates for the Viper

SCPanda

anyway I am glad that a great civil sim is coming within one month.

Nice to hear. What aircraft is first there that includes the Maverick?

....or maybe we could just be happy that we have so amazing simulator software as DCS World, regardless its future updates and new features unknown schedules?

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

From now on it is time to distrust them.

Always the same, 'new members on the team, working on it'...etc

An update that comes 1 month later and have nothing to see from what was planned. Mavs that were almost ready to that later patch and can't see nothing about them...

But yeah, lets do a new map called Syria and promote it.

If someone told the truth without delaying things would be different, but there are already many people unhappy with you for this and other similar topics.

I hope that when the missiles come out they are polished, which for a long time will not have been.

Fixing the Crosswind Behavior on take off roll and landing and the hyper sensitive NWS would be way more interesting than any weapons.

That plane is pretty useless if you can only really use it in nice weather without crosswind....

There is no need in fancy weapons if you cant bring your plane back....

Wags should show us Takeoff and Landings with 15kts crosswind in his next Syria update.... That video would be much shorter

Have you flown it since the patch yesterday? The ground handling especially NWS has improved.

6700K@4.6 48Gb - 1080Ti Hybrid - Warthog - RIFT

• ED Team
From now on it is time to distrust them.

Always the same, 'new members on the team, working on it'...etc

An update that comes 1 month later and have nothing to see from what was planned. Mavs that were almost ready to that later patch and can't see nothing about them...

But yeah, lets do a new map called Syria and promote it.

If someone told the truth without delaying things would be different, but there are already many people unhappy with you for this and other similar topics.

I hope that when the missiles come out they are polished, which for a long time will not have been.

DCS Syria is by the third party Ugra media.

Understand you may not trust us, appreciate you may be frustrated, the reality is early access takes a long time. When we have news we share it, like having new team members.

When we have significant progress to share we will, but we can not make stuff up just to keep people happy, that makes things more frustrating.

Thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

More maps are always a good thing and not to take away from ED or anything but 3rd party maps are even better due to not taking the development time away from ED at all. However, I do agree that being told multiple time's over the months that stuff is coming and seeing none of it come true one starts to loose the excitement and drive to further support EA products. Getting the hornet done is awesome and things are going well for the hornet but putting the viper on the back burner is starting to chaff the ass of many people. On the other hand thank you BigNewy for putting up with our crap all the time.

Nice to hear. What aircraft is first there that includes the Maverick?

....or maybe we could just be happy that we have so amazing simulator software as DCS World, regardless its future updates and new features unknown schedules?

I got your point, but I am a big fan of civil ops as well. At least I am happy for myself.

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Have you flown it since the patch yesterday? The ground handling especially NWS has improved.

That Message was before the Patch. Havent the time to fly but i will in a few Minutes ;)

Then the Question is: If they did something on one of the Topics people complaining about, why you cant read anything about it in the Changelog?

Happy with the bug fixes and stability and I'm a relative newcomer to the Viper having really got into it over the last couple of months. However from sweeping back through the updates -

Apart from bug fixes or corrections in systems behaviour and visual items such as canopy tint or bort numbers. From what I can find (and I'm happy to be corrected) for new functionality implemented since the beginning of this year:

14 Feb:

1. Added EEGS Level 5 gunsight and improved EEGS Level 2 - WIP (Dogfight HUD will come a bit later)

2. Added ILS declutter option by pressing the Cage/Uncage HOG button

20 Mar:

FCR AA Declutter toggles by short depressing COMM Sw inboard for less than 0.5 sec

03 Jun:

Added ability to create new waypoints.

Hopefully the next update will actually add something more. I don't think its feeling the love at the moment and can see why people are annoyed.

Hopefully the next update will actually add something more. I don't think its feeling the love at the moment and can see why people are annoyed.

Today’s weekend news states that Viper is focused for next OB release :)

Edited by Craven
Wrong emojis

It was not improved!

First, no such thing in the latest patch notes.

Second, I have flown the Viper for several days. The NWS is still a lot more sensitive than almost all other aircraft in DCS, which is very hard to use, especially on takeoff with crosswinds. I fly only the Viper and I fly every day, I did not feel any difference at all.

Also, for the record the curve on my rudder is 50 for the Viper, which is still too sensitive to use compared to other planes, but if I use too much curve, then the rudder will work but it become super super sensitive when I hit a certain point... Too less curve? NWS will become way to sensitive even if you just lightly touch your rudder. And yes I have deadzone set.

Why are you using NWS on takeoff? It should be disabled as soon as the rudder has any authority, 50knots usually.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

Today’s weekend news states that Viper is focused for next OB release :)

Just saw that and now I am a happy man. This is a good decision by ED. Recently we have come to a point where any update to the Viper is greatly appreciated, be it to it's various radar modes, the FM, ground handling or even new features. There are so many things that need tweaks or fixing, ED's list must be a rather long one. I mean, the Viper surely is pretty usable in PvP right now. It is a beast if you know how to handle her. But imagine what you can do in the Viper with a polished radar, guys...

Just saw that and now I am a happy man. This is a good decision by ED. Recently we have come to a point where any update to the Viper is greatly appreciated, be it to it's various radar modes, the FM, ground handling or even new features. There are so many things that need tweaks or fixing, ED's list must be a rather long one. I mean, the Viper surely is pretty usable in PvP right now. It is a beast if you know how to handle her. But imagine what you can do in the Viper with a polished radar, guys...

A working DGFT mode would make my day :thumbup: .

I appreciate the feedback and discussion with ED staff here but please just be open with us. If we should expect Mavericks in Q2 2022, tell us that and we’ll shut up. And don’t release an update with fonts and light updates just to appease us.

We’re adults and can accept bad news, we don’t like false or appeasing news. Thanks and keep up the good work.

My guarantee: if my first two bombs don't destroy you, the next one's free

F-16C | FC3 | Persian Gulf

Why are you using NWS on takeoff? It should be disabled as soon as the rudder has any authority, 50knots usually.

:cry: Are you aware there are numbers between 0 and 50, and therefore aircraft movement.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something.

Plato

What kind of updates can we expect? Bug fixes, features ( beforementioned Maverick)?

I guess they will add some features first then go for bug fixing, that's the way I see it. That's how every game developer does it anyway;)

I appreciate the feedback and discussion with ED staff here but please just be open with us. If we should expect Mavericks in Q2 2022, tell us that and we’ll shut up. And don’t release an update with fonts and light updates just to appease us.

We’re adults and can accept bad news, we don’t like false or appeasing news. Thanks and keep up the good work.

It's ironic that what we seem to want is a new date, after the old date was completely not held :-)

Lincoln said: “Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

Do not expect a reply to any questions, 30.06.2021 - Silenced by Nineline