TK PRES LOW warning

TheTrooper

Hi, I keep getting a TK PRES LOW warning message popping up on my MFD with a master caution light. Any idea what this is and what I need to do?

-----------------------------------------------

Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Processor i7-6700 (3.4GHz) 8MB Cache | 32GB HyperX FURY DDR4 2133MHz | MSI GeForce RTX 2070 ARMOR 8G |SSD 1TB 970 EVO Plus M.2

The tanks are pressurized by bleed air. I'm guessing you get the ADV at 20,000 feet or so ? I've seen it before but couldn't find a problem with any system or settings in the cockpit. Usually clears itself. Actually, it's been some time since I have had one.

i5-10600KF, 16Gb DDR4, GTX1660 Super, HP Reverb G2, TM Cougar, TM Warthog

IIRC, the NATOPS procedure is to cycle the bleed air knob (and reduce altitude?). In DCS, it'll come back very quickly sometimes, although I've only had it occur and persist (keep occuring above 20,000 ft) only one or two times, for me.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

I haven't seen this in a while, but it used to be quite common. It would always happen within a few hundred feet of 20,000 and go away if you climbed or dove away from that line.

Pretty sure it's a bug. The alert is am emergency in the real jet, hence the master caution, but nothing bad ever seems to happen from it in game.

I have seen this one as well but oddly enough I only ever see it when flying on the Caucus map. I don't ever recall seeing this warning on Nevada or PG.

Not sure why, but it's been happening to me lately (like the last 1 1/2 weeks or something) and I haven't had it in a long time prior to that. But in my case it is on PG map (really haven't flown Nevada or Caucus lately so can't say if it is or isn't happening on them).

I have seen this one as well but oddly enough I only ever see it when flying on the Caucus map. I don't ever recall seeing this warning on Nevada or PG.

Maybe a temperature related occurrence ? It'd be cool to think fuel temperature is modeled that precisely. My thought is gas(petrol) is unstable. It expands and contracts with temperature changes. Think of a can in the sun. As it cools Maybe it has less volume ? I belive the reason aircraft use weight to measure fuel is related to this phenomenon. Maybe ?

i5-10600KF, 16Gb DDR4, GTX1660 Super, HP Reverb G2, TM Cougar, TM Warthog

I often get this ADV when I do AAR. As soon as I extend the probe, the ADV pops up. It stays on until I retract the probe again. Don‘t recall if that is only the case when refuelling above 20k (which I normally do though).

Edited by Hog_No32

[...] I belive the reason aircraft use weight to measure fuel is related to this phenomenon. Maybe ?

You are correct. The volume (Liters, Gallons, whatever) changes as temperature changes. The mass (kg, pounds) remains unchanged.

I often get this ADV when I do AAR. As soon as I extend the probe, the ADV pops up. It stays on until I retract the probe again. Don‘t recall if that is only the case when refuelling above 20k (which is normally do though).

This is normal, the tanks depressurise when you extend the probe.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

476th Discord   |    476th Website    |    Swift Youtube
Ryzen 5800x, RTX 4070ti, 64GB, Quest 2

• 3 months later...

So I got this warning last night during an MP session. As I advanced to 22K, got the warning but dismissed it as an ED'ism. Recalling the Inlet Ice warning bug, I thought it was another bug? Anyhow, I rendezvous with the tanker, but the hoses were in use. So I waited with probe extended. Shortly after getting on the drogue, all of my fuel systems read 0 fuel. Internal and External.

So is there a time limit for the probe extended, above an alt and without taking on fuel?

So I got this warning last night during an MP session. As I advanced to 22K, got the warning but dismissed it as an ED'ism. Recalling the Inlet Ice warning bug, I thought it was another bug? Anyhow, I rendezvous with the tanker, but the hoses were in use. So I waited with probe extended. Shortly after getting on the drogue, all of my fuel systems read 0 fuel. Internal and External.

So is there a time limit for the probe extended, above an alt and without taking on fuel?

I don't think there's a time limit given I can fly the length of Lebanon, part of Syria, and into Turkey before I successfully fail to refuel. The probe is out the whole way. :thumbup:

I don't think there's a time limit given I can fly the length of Lebanon, part of Syria, and into Turkey before I successfully fail to refuel. The probe is out the whole way. :thumbup:

Yeah, I ran a test yesterday. Replicated my exact conditions and couldnt get the tanks to read zero. Got the TK PRES LO, but only with the AAR probe out. So its a bug, but not replicated consistently.

It sounds like it's not a bug but due to the tanks depressurizing due to the probe coming out... now I would think the RL logic would say don't post error if probe comes out but...

I can get all of my stores off prior to needing to refuel so I don't. For me this happens just when climbing through altitude on the caucasus map only. No refuel probe out since I'm travelling to blow stuff up not to AAR.

I wouldn't say that it's necessarily buggy. The warning shows up only above 20,000 ft, as it should and at least in my case, is not always connected to the probe having been deployed at any point during the mission or at least I haven't noticed it appearing specifically after I go for AAR. I have random failures turned to on, however, so this might be causing it from time to time (which is what this setting should do). I get it pretty infrequently, so it does feel like it randomly triggers via a failure trigger. I fly the Hornet all the time since its release and I've had it pop up only a handful of times. I've had it happen to me in pretty much every map as well.

I always cold start, if it makes any difference.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-

No it shouldn't. The tanks are pressurised unless the probe is out or bleeds are off (or weight on wheels IIRC). Unless there's some other obscure information we're missing, it's a bug.

I'm not saying it's not a bug, I'm saying it's not necessarily a bug. Like I said, I play with random failures set to on, so it could be that or rare occasions, the tanks can get depressurized for some other reason, other than those you mention.

-

I'm not saying it's not a bug, I'm saying it's not necessarily a bug. Like I said, I play with random failures set to on, so it could be that or rare occasions, the tanks can get depressurized for some other reason, other than those you mention.

Like what? Nothing in NATOPS that indicates this should happen. It's not a failure either.

• 2 years later...