Flying in VR with low vision (legally blind)

Hello all,

I now have the hardware to fly DCS in proper VR. Unfortunately, I'm also low vision (legally blind). I have Ocular Albinism I can't lean in close enough to read the controls/panels. Leaning into the HUD does not make it any bigger. It only appears the same size/distance. At least for me. What options, if any, are there to zoom in with VR? I looked for the VR zooms in the UI layer of the controls menu. It's empty.

I've put a screenshot on my Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gb9lWZIYL9ghQ76NS4LGZ0RUUSYeyAzE/view?usp=sharing Any help appreciated. Thank you!

Edit:

A repair got the UI Layer controls back for me. Now, the VR Zoom for the cockpit is not quite enough and the Spyglass zoom again, for the cockpit is a bit too much. Is there a config file where I can adjust the amount of zoom in these two and/or create a new one?

Thanks.

Edit Two:

I found this thread It looks like just what I need. How does one create a new keybinding?

Edited by Scorch

Scorch

You might want to try setting up a new custom snap view thats gets you closer, then use the zoom.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=216344

You will then need to also bind this snap view button as seen here.

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

You need to bind a key to VR Zoom on UI Layer (personally I use space key, easy to find, but if you have some button on your hotas to spare, will help a lot), and VR Spyglass Zoom.

Computer: Potato

Modules: FC3 | M2000C | A/V8B | Viggen | F-5E | F-14B | F-16C | F/A-18 | A-10C | Supercarrier :mad::mad: | UH-1 | MI-8 | Gazelle | KA-50

You sure it is not the VR only doing 3DOF? Happens to my WMR when I had the PC on a while before firing up the WMR, it starts with 3DOF, after a minute or five it goes to full 6DOF. Usually I’d be halfway through my startup by then.

Ryzen 1700 @ 3.8GHz / 32GB( 4x8 ) @ 3.2GHz / 1TB ADATA NVMe System Drive / 232GB NVMe Samsung 960 / ASUS dual RTX 2080ti / Reverb / Rift CV1 / T-16000M FCS flight pack

A10C/M2000C/F5E/SA342/Mi8/UH1H/KA50/AJS-37/FA-18C/AV-8B/F-14/Mig29/CA/SU-27