A Beta Test?

Guest proflight

It's also an old and rare aircraft that needs replacement; it's meant to shoot down incoming cruise missiles and enemy submarine hunters (that is the Kuz's raison d'etre ... protecting the submarine fleet) and doesn't stand much of a chance against a modern USN fighter right now ... neither in quality, nor quantity. As such, i don't really see ED bothering with it.

GG.....

:chair:

JJ

I don't about the 33 but I'm sure he has a server that scans the Universe for the string "MiG-29K" :D

Cheers Jens! ;)

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=

I have to disagree with you there Eric, for practical reasons:

The Su-33 was never meant to be employed as a strike aircraft, as it's not a vehicle for projecting power. As such its strike capabilities are rather primitive compared to say, an F-16 or a MiG-29SMT, etc etc - that's aside from the fact that you would -probably- never ever see a Su-33 used as a strike airfract.

Yah let me be one of the "fans".... but seriously if LOMAC is anything close to the real thing, then it'd be a great platform, and was preferable to a slow, ungainly Su-25T. If things had gone further by giving it the capability that the Su-30/35s were given, it'd be able to step amongst the other strike aircraft. It's a matter of knowing the capabilities and using the weaknesses of it being a heavy weight (which mind you, didn't feel "heavy") aircraft that could handle even light fighters. I've bounced enough aircraft in Flanker 2.51 so I really highly doubt it'd suffer poorly against equivalent aircraft, which it couldn't outrange the F-14s Pheonix (which really, nothing could, except the MIG-31), so it's a matter of conjecture and "what if". Mind you Flanker 2.51 modelled the cancelled "Su-33M", which was designed to give the Kuznetsov's Su-33s a multirole capability, which of course was not produced due to lack of funds, and in LOMAC was modelled as it should be, a carrier capable interceptor for fleet defense. Sure technology-wise it couldn't hold a candle to a Strike Eagle or a Tornado, but again, it can carry alot, and still get bombs on target, and the range capability to get the bombs there too.

But we're getting slightly OT with the Su-33 stuff, and yeah yeah yeah

LOMAC Section| | Gaming Resume (PDF) | Gallery | Flanker2.51 Storage Site |

Also known as Flanker562 back in the day...

Steam ID EricJ562 | DCS: A-10A/C Pilot | DCS: Su-25T Pilot | Texture Artist

"...parade ground soldiers always felt that way (contempt) about killers in uniform." -Counting The Cost, Hammer's Slammers

Aaaaah... Flanker 2.51.. the good old memories...

Sometimes I miss it. Especially the RAFSC missions. We don't have such thing in LO though- offline competition. BigBri last told me that he plans to move it in LO once it's out in... 2003. Only heard of him once ever since- has taken different direction, no more flight sims.

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=

Eric, the problem with LOMAC is that bombs have pinpoint accuracy. Real ones can go off target by as much as 1km if you don't drop from the right altitude and your bombsight's old enough ... this is what makes it not so great (compared to modern fighters): It can't do high-altitude bomb runs with good accuracy due to this factor plus lack of guided A2G munitions. In places where the risk is small, a more modern fighter reduces it to nil by dropping stuff from higher up. In places where the risk is bigger, the Su-33 might be the entirely wrong aircraft to send in. N/A LOMAC.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Yeah rog. I'm too tired to even bother anymore as it is, but we'll agree to disagree. I'm too much of a virtual strike pilot to know what I'm talking about, and you're too much of an F-15 pilot to realize what it may be able to do, so we'll just leave it at that :thumbup:

LOMAC Section| | Gaming Resume (PDF) | Gallery | Flanker2.51 Storage Site |

Also known as Flanker562 back in the day...

Steam ID EricJ562 | DCS: A-10A/C Pilot | DCS: Su-25T Pilot | Texture Artist

"...parade ground soldiers always felt that way (contempt) about killers in uniform." -Counting The Cost, Hammer's Slammers

• ED Team
so it helps to kiss ass then `` ? :megalol: :P ;)

Kiss ass?

I started making movies for lock on because Figher jets appeal to me.

And yeah, they noticed my movies, my talent, and my deddication. They asked me if i wanted to come aboard.

Kiss ass, you say? Call it whatever you want, but i still get to be part of the ED team and test their upcoming titles and make movies for them, and i happen to enjoy making movies and share them with the folks who enjoy Flight/Combat sims. ;)

Kiss ass?

I started making movies for lock on because Figher jets appeal to me.

And yeah, they noticed my movies, my talent, and my deddication. They asked me if i wanted to come aboard.

Kiss ass, you say? Call it whatever you want, but i still get to be part of the ED team and test their upcoming titles and make movies for them, and i happen to enjoy making movies and share them with the folks who enjoy Flight/Combat sims. ;)

oh no man.. all respect to you.. it was a joke.. cos of the way u typed the end of it.. i love what u do and think u earned all u get! :thumbup:

• Like 1

It takes a fool to remain sane :huh:

And you are very very good at it Amraam I've looked at a lot of your movies, just wish I had the knowledge and dedication, having DS or whatever new game / mod is a perk, one that I know a lot of us would enjoy

Remember the 346 Fire Fighters, Medics & Police who died on 9-11.......

Selective memory is a wonderful thing, especially when certain posts simply disappear into the ether never to be seen again, unless I have a copy of the original post copied and pasted into word documents and saved .... just in case :)

Am I an abusive idiot ?

Due to physical incapacity my Wife types my post's for me

lol! the moment I saw the preview of this thread as I hovered my cursor on it...I broke out laughing as I know many ppl would love to get a go at BS. But great post and points put out here which makes the role of a Beta tester not as easy as one would think. Especially its the commitment required.

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

• ED Team
oh no man.. all respect to you.. it was a joke.. cos of the way u typed the end of it.. i love what u do and think u earned all u get! :thumbup:

Thanks, i appreciate that. :)

And i kinda figured it was ment as a joke, but still, i wanted to get the message out. :P

Totally OT....but GA...is it just me or has that 25% progress on Speed 2 teaser stayed that way for quite a loooong time?? Are you slacking on the job buddy? ;)

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

• ED Team
Totally OT....but GA...is it just me or has that 25% progress on Speed 2 teaser stayed that way for quite a loooong time?? Are you slacking on the job buddy? ;)

Haha yeah indeed. Daily life stuff keeps me occupied, and to be honest, i havent worked on Speed 2 since......early february!

Oh maan....

Speaking of which, can someone just throw ideas at me? I want each and every scene to feel a little bit special :P

Haha yeah indeed. Daily life stuff keeps me occupied, and to be honest, i havent worked on Speed 2 since......early february!

Oh maan....

Speaking of which, can someone just throw ideas at me? I want each and every scene to feel a little bit special :P

Love your movies! Especially the black shark one with the Hans Zimmer soundtrack (forgot what the movie is called). It really has that expensive "Hollywood epic movie" feel. :thumbup:

I allways figured that if I'd ever try to make a combat flight movie, I'd try to get the tactics to shine through and have the viewer immersed in the action and also understand the big picture of an engagement/strike/or something...

Cheers! Looking forward to the next movie!!!

Guest Frenchy702

i think they sould sell limited numbers of beta copies, on the agreement that they are obligated to buy the origional when released and not distribute, it could be a one time only install program.. and for the buyer, they could have a lower responsibility look into beta testing..

they could be sold to people dependant on system components ect, so a sector of the market could give feeback.