USS Oak Hill Coming Soon!!

Admiral, having a lot of fun with this ship. The back ramp is working great on both models. However, tried putting a static helicopter on the "No LCAC" model's deck and the helicopter falls through the deck. A portion of the helicopter can be seen in the landing craft bay (see picture). The landing deck is not "hard" as it is on the model with a LCAC inside the landing craft bay. Hope this can be fixed.

Going to a texture sheet for the ship numbers is a better way to go. Thanks.

Rusty

1336640825_LandingDeckProblem.thumb.jpg.30a6317f1445e14c273203a6b4e7e7f1.jpg

Sierra99, the V22 Osprey is from the Military Aircraft Mod. I use a livery custom argument to get the wings and propellers to fold. Argument 23 = rear hatch open/close, 38 = propeller fold + pilot door open/or not, 50 = pilot/no pilot, and 292 is for the nacelle up/down. The wings will not rotate for "tight" storage. One thing to note with this mod is that the single texture sheet for the Osprey is about 87 MBs. You will probably want to change that especially if you plan to use a number of them at the same time.

Rusty

Would ya mind providing the LUA so I can how this is done?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

Sierra99, custom arguments provide a very powerful tool in a livery. Most animation in a model can be "forced" to happen with a custom argument

statement. Below is the livery description lua I used for the V22 Osprey parked on the Oak Hill.

--Osprey Parked--

livery = {

{"MAM_V22", DIFFUSE , "mam_v22", false};

}

custom_args = {

[23] = 1.0,--rear hatch open

[38] = 1.0,--propeller fold + pilot door open

[50] = 1.0,--no pilots

[292] = 1.0,--nacelle up

}

name = "V22-46 Parked"

-- End --

For the Admiral's Oak Hill ship picture showing the helicopter in the landing craft bay I used a similar description lua using custom argument 28 to

drop the rear gate.

Hope this helps.

Rusty

See first post for new rough skin update to the oak.

Dear Admiral, thanks a lot for the great job done and hope for further development! As for last skin update above, in my humble opinion present grey color is too dark. Also, it would be great to add light steel plates dent effect on the hull and superstructure similar with known "Juan Carlos I L61" mod. Weathering effects will be highly appreciated as well (can be made as optional skin).

1129553200_L61Plateseffecttexture.thumb.jpg.8c87c82c3ad953c111088235edd8dea4.jpg

1437695569_NEWBORDA.thumb.jpg.4bee1b38ac7074eb1303429b93fe6ce2.jpg

Edited by Lazy-1962

We could use a replenishment ship, so why not do the fastest one that ever was?

1280px-USS_Sacramento_%28AOE-1%29_underway_in_1988.jpg

Served from Vietnam all the way through 2004, she was faster than any other US east or west coast replenishment ship and had battleship engines and screws, and could maintain 30+ knots. I remember her being in Jane's US Navy Fighters '97, it would be neat to see the old girl in DCS.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Sacramento_(AOE-1)

Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

VF-11 and VF-31 1988 [WIP]

VF-201 & VF-202 [WIP]

Thanks Rusty, i think it's the collision model. I need to take a look at it and possibly replace it. It determines whether an aircraft falls through or not. However, when AI lands on her. They don't fall through.

As far the textures. I've been trying to find a good texture. I play around with a lot of them and they don't apply well. I will keep searching for another one.

IceFire, I have a resupply ship like above. Just need to update it. The really good Supply ship models are way above my budget.

Thank you all for the feedback. I will continue to work on the Oak. I will try to update her over the next few days.

On another note San Antonio is coming along very well. I posted some recent pics on the Admirals Corner.

On another note San Antonio is coming along very well. I posted some recent pics on the Admirals Corner.

Dear Admiral, thanks for your notes and good news. San Antonio looks nice! Single question about her so far. Understand that hull number "17" font on your picture is preliminary and will be changed to US NAVY standard one in future? By the way, I enjoy your Iranian angry patrol boats as well.

203247230_SanAntonio.thumb.jpg.7edbbaffc21d02fc48eb9494a2b103f0.jpg

1200637029_USS_San_Antonio_moored.thumb.jpg.549e371a3157e5ff98d90bf2212dc8f6.jpg

Thanks Lazy, yeah i will try to get the original Hull numbers before i release her. I will play around with them to get as close to the real thng as possible.

Those irainian boats i'm sure surprised some people when it starts firing Surface to air missiles lol..

Very good mod! Im waiting patiently for the San Antonio also!

However, forgive me if Im stupid but I cant get the sterngate to close. Its always open, even when the ship is moving. I see in screenshots that others have it closed so I guess I must be missing something?

With or without LCAC does not make any difference.

Hey Fisherman, up in the top left corner while playing there's a simple that looks like tank. Click on it and it will take you to the welldeck camera. Rotate the camera slight to the left and it will lift the stern gate. I've been trying to find a way to control both camera's at the same time but no luck yet.

It's also used to operate the vehicles in DCS. I mostly use it with Tanks.

Ok, i guess I would need Combined Arms for that. Is it possible to do a skin or something with the sterngate closed by default? Im using the Oak just to have it sail along the Tarawa when I fly the Harrier and not control the boat itself if you understand. Just as a AI asset, i dont need to open the sterngate.

Skickat från min D5503 via Tapatalk

Edited by Fisherman82

Admiral, thanks for taking a look at the landing deck on the no LCAC model.

You must have a magic touch or something as everything I put the the deck falls thorough. I tried different positions on the deck but get the same result. Here's a picture using identical setting on both Oak Hill models side-by-side. The static model used is the UH-60a helicopter.

I didn't think the collison model would cause this problem as I have other ships with no collison model that support static objects just fine. I removed the collison model from the Oak Hill with the LCAC in the bay and all static objects would stay on the deck as placed. This looks like a mystery.

Rusty

81466412_TwinOakHills.thumb.jpg.27ef2a8b6022db8e0a36d6995cb78e9d.jpg

Admiral, yes the static objects are being properly linked to the unit. Perhaps the term "falls thorough" is misleading. Static objects placed on the "NO LCAC" model" will be linked at the base of the ship (I believe this is considered Z axis value 0). They are not being linked to the ship at the landing deck level and are hence at the wrong height. A portion of them can be seen in the landing craft bay as shown in my previous post. This problem does not occur on the model with a landing craft in the lower bay. That model works Ok.

This might be a clue to what's going on with the NO LCAC model. An AI helicopter can be placed on parking spot 1 at the proper level and take off. However, the same AI helicopter cannot be made to land on the deck. The waypoint will immediately go to the nearest land based airport when "Landing" is selected. Also, parking spot 2 cannot be used. An AI helicopter on spot 2 will jump over to spot 1.

I am using USS Oak Hill LSD-51 NO LCAC.EDM model dated 8/7/2020. I believe this to be the only version posted.

Rusty