A-10C Warthog campaign - Operation Persian Freedom

Is the sequel to this going to be for the A10C II or for the Hornet?

In this weeks newsletter it says "A-10C Operation Persian Freedom campaign is in the making and will carry on the events of Persian Freedom into the Syrian theatre. This campaign will be for the Hornet" is thata  typo?

Cheers!

Airbag_signatur.png

I thought this question might come up!  To clear up the confusion, the letter submitted to ED was edited down slightly, the edit however appears to have been done by ED and it looks to me like a few bits got lost in translation (as well as incorrectly putting the Persian Freedom title on the screen shot submitted but hey ho never mind).  Persian Freedom is for the A-10C and A-10C II and will hopefully be with you soon, the follow up campaign I'm working on is for the Hornet and Syria map.  It's a follow on to Persian Freedom, with the storyline of OPF having ramifications on the situation in Syria and in Lebanon.

Thanks!

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/3/2021 at 12:36 PM, ChuckyChuck said:

I really enjoyed the first mission for the A-10C II. Do you have an estimated release date?

Thanks for the feedback ChuckyChuck!  Not yet, campaign is with ED at the moment for review so they're setting the pace.  Hopefully have an update soon.

Edited by ChillNG
Typo

8 hours ago, ChillNG said:

Thanks for the feedback ChuckyChuck!  Not yet, campaign is with ED at the moment for review so they're setting the pace.  Hopefully have an update soon.

Thanks for the info! I hope we get to play the rest of your campaign soon! Oh and I really loved the Pantera soundtrack! \m/

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Look like today is the day, almost a year exactly from starting work on it Persian Freedom is to be released!  Thanks to all those who have supported with testing, voice acting, bug reporting and most importantly by showing enthusiasm for the project, without that I would probably have never made it to the end!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ChillNG said:

Look like today is the day, almost a year exactly from starting work on it Persian Freedom is to be released!  Thanks to all those who have supported with testing, voice acting, bug reporting and most importantly by showing enthusiasm for the project, without that I would probably have never made it to the end!

Exciting!  I will have to wait for it to show up in Steam though - plans for that?

Bought it! Outstanding work.

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey ChillNG bought the campaign yesterday looking very promising.

However it seems like you may need some adjustments with the new weather system implemented recently. Just done mission 2, cloud ceiling was around 7000 feet and it was impossible to see the ground above that altitude. I'm thinking this is not intended since in the briefing we are told to stay above angels 12 to avoid manpads in the island.

Are you planning to make changes for the new update?

Edit: Saw that you've responded to this problem on a previous thread, hopefully changes are implemented soon. Thanks for providing more immersive SP content to DCS World

Edited by ksarkaya

6 hours ago, ksarkaya said:

However it seems like you may need some adjustments with the new weather system implemented recently. Just done mission 2, cloud ceiling was around 7000 feet and it was impossible to see the ground above that altitude. I'm thinking this is not intended since in the briefing we are told to stay above angels 12 to avoid manpads in the island.

Edit: Saw that you've responded to this problem on a previous thread, hopefully changes are implemented soon. Thanks for providing more immersive SP content to DCS World

Thanks for the purchase, hope you enjoy!  Hopefully updated missions will be with you soon.

On 4/27/2021 at 1:31 PM, ksarkaya said:

On 4/27/2021 at 8:08 PM, ChillNG said:

Thanks for the purchase, hope you enjoy!  Hopefully updated missions will be with you soon.

The purpose of the mission briefing can be summarized as the final review of a forthcoming military action to ensure those taking part are certain of their mission, understand the intent of the commander, information about frequencies, the flight plan etc. Mission briefing is only an initial set of recommendations. 
Weather is hard to predict. Please, don't update mission. I think this is more realistic.

1 hour ago, protOn said:

The purpose of the mission briefing can be summarized as the final review of a forthcoming military action to ensure those taking part are certain of their mission, understand the intent of the commander, information about frequencies, the flight plan etc. Mission briefing is only an initial set of recommendations. 
Weather is hard to predict. Please, don't update mission. I think this is more realistic.

I agree, the unpredictability of the weather is a real joy now, the update was just to bring things back in line with my original vision for the missions, but rest assured there's still plenty of cloud cover forcing you to adapt. 

Is there a list of radio frequencies for the missions? I'm trying to do mission 3 and the radio presets do not work for me, the preset wheels just spin from 1-20 and there is no radio preset tab in the 2.7 open beta mission editor. I can't communicate with the jtac as the frequencies are not listed in the kneeboard, please help! 

1 hour ago, thunderchicken02 said:

Is there a list of radio frequencies for the missions? I'm trying to do mission 3 and the radio presets do not work for me, the preset wheels just spin from 1-20 and there is no radio preset tab in the 2.7 open beta mission editor. I can't communicate with the jtac as the frequencies are not listed in the kneeboard, please help! 

Pre-sets in general are broken on the A-10 right now due to an aircraft related bug that's been hanging around a while, I advise you always use manual settings for now.  You'll find the freqs for Al Dhafra, Al Minhad, Overlord and Whiplash on the first page of the kneeboards.  For mission 3 the other freqs (for Taylor) needed in the mission are not pre-briefed and are communicated to you as you progress through the mission, you will get told the frequency on the radio and it will be displayed on a message in the top right corner of the screen.  If I recall you will be given three separate freqs to try on the VHF FM radio.

Hope that helps!

8 minutes ago, ChillNG said:

Pre-sets in general are broken on the A-10 right now due to an aircraft related bug that's been hanging around a while, I advise you always use manual settings for now.  You'll find the freqs for Al Dhafra, Al Minhad, Overlord and Whiplash on the first page of the kneeboards.  For mission 3 the other freqs (for Taylor) needed in the mission are not pre-briefed and are communicated to you as you progress through the mission, you will get told the frequency on the radio and it will be displayed on a message in the top right corner of the screen.  If I recall you will be given three separate freqs to try on the VHF FM radio.

Hope that helps!

Copy, thanks for the response. I was having difficulty with whiplash's frequency and don't recall seeing it on the kneeboard. I'll try again tonight! 

Edited by thunderchicken02

25 minutes ago, thunderchicken02 said:

Copy, thanks for the response. I was having difficulty with whiplash's frequency and don't recall seeing it on the kneeboard. I'll try again tonight! 

Think its near the bottom of the page under 'mission elements'.  Whiplash is 51.5 FM in all missions.

Edited by ChillNG
  • Like 1