TrackIR

Bob there is really not an issue with TrackIR. I would more term as an inconvenience. Not really a reason to not get TrackIR as it works wonderfully if you are not fixated on a framerate greater than 60FPS. It is very easy to configure your system to work fluidly with TrackIR has long as your system can run DCS fluidly.

If you are not flying VR, once you use a TrackIR you will never go back to flying without it.

AMD 3950X, MSI Meg Ace X570, 64GB GSkill Trindent, 2 x 1TB EVO 970 Plus NVMe, 500GB Evo 970 Plus NVMe, 4 EVO 850 SSDs, RTX 2080 Super, AOC 34" Ultra Wide 3440 X 1440, Track IR, VKB Gladiaor K, VKB T-Rudder, Thurstmaster TWCS

I've been using FACETRACKNOIR for years and love it...recently dialed it in and have helped others with this video playlist...you may consider this less expensive alternative, especially if you are considering VR in the future.

Cost $3 USD Donation and the price of an HD Webcam is all you need. Check out the 3-part video series at the Air Warfare Group YouTube and contact me at Tactical DCS if you need any help setting it up.

JUICE

Tactical DCS: https://discord.gg/3vRZadr

Edited by =JUICE=

"There are only two types of aircraft, Fighters and Targets." Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Bob there is really not an issue with TrackIR. I would more term as an inconvenience. Not really a reason to not get TrackIR as it works wonderfully if you are not fixated on a framerate greater than 60FPS. It is very easy to configure your system to work fluidly with TrackIR has long as your system can run DCS fluidly.

If you are not flying VR, once you use a TrackIR you will never go back to flying without it.

Yes, I have read all the work-arounds that folks have tried, some more successfully than others. I was just curious as to why Natural Point seems to not want to address the issue (which they surely know about) with some sort of improvement to their product. I can only assume they will not be motivated to do so until they connect that issue to a negative impact on their sales.

Edited by Bob1943

Yes, I have read all the work-arounds that folks have tried, some more successfully than others. I was just curious as to why Natural Point seems to not want to address the issue (which they surely know about) with some sort of improvement to their product. I can only assume they will not be motivated to do so until they connect that issue to a negative impact on their sales.

They are busy calculating next trackir sales...

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle