Spotlight switch

Hello,

I've mapped the landing and taxi spotlight to the 3-way switch to the left of the throttle lever (Warthog HOTAS). Unfortunately, I can only chose turn either landing or taxi but never turn it off. The throttle switch middle position won't translate to the same position in the virtual cockpit (for spotlight OFF).

I've tried to fiddle with the Throttle - HOTAS Warthog.lua file like I did to map the 3-way flap switch on the throttle with the 3-way flaps interface in the virtual cockpit, following this thread (it worked):

Original lua:

-- Spotlight

{down = iCommandPlane_SpotSelect_switch, value_down = 1.0, name = _('Spotlight Switch - LANDING'), category = {_('Systems')}},

{down = iCommandPlane_SpotSelect_switch, value_down = -1.0, name = _('Spotlight Switch - TAXI'), category = {_('Systems')}},

{down = iCommandPlane_SpotSelect_switch, value_down = 0.0, name = _('Spotlight Switch - OFF'), category = {_('Systems')}},

Modified lua (I added the red text):

-- Spotlight

{down = iCommandPlane_SpotSelect_switch, value_down = 1.0, value_up = 0.0, name = _('Spotlight Switch - LANDING'), category = {_('Systems')}},

{down = iCommandPlane_SpotSelect_switch, value_down = -1.0, value_up = 0.0, name = _('Spotlight Switch - TAXI'), category = {_('Systems')}},

Does anyone know how to make it work?

Wishlist: Tornado ADV/IDS, Blackburn Buccaneer, Super Mystère B2, Saab J 35 Draken,

My reply

Hello,

I've mapped the landing and taxi spotlight to the 3-way switch to the left of the throttle lever (Warthog HOTAS). Unfortunately, I can only chose turn either landing or taxi but never turn it off. The throttle switch middle position won't translate to the same position in the virtual cockpit (for spotlight OFF).

I've tried to fiddle with the Throttle - HOTAS Warthog.lua file like I did to map the 3-way flap switch on the throttle with the 3-way flaps interface in the virtual cockpit, following this thread (it worked):

Original lua:

Modified lua (I added the red text):

Does anyone know how to make it work?

Hi @Leviathan667,

I think this one should work for you, I tested it on my own DCS (beta) and it works with the 3-way flaps switch.

-- Spotlight

{down = iCommandPlane_SpotSelect_switch, up = iCommandPlane_SpotSelect_switch,value_down = 1.0, value_up = 0.0, name = _('MY_Spotlight Switch - LANDING'), category = {_('Systems')}},

{down = iCommandPlane_SpotSelect_switch, up = iCommandPlane_SpotSelect_switch,value_down = -1.0, value_up = 0.0,name = _('MY_Spotlight Switch - TAXI'), category = {_('Systems')}},

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you Dora!

After a small adjustment, I managed to make it work (removed an excess } at the end of each line :

-- Alternate spotlights

{down = iCommandPlane_SpotSelect_switch, up = iCommandPlane_SpotSelect_switch, value_down = 1.0, value_up = 0.0, name = _('Alternate_Spotlight Switch - Landing'), category = _('Systems')},

{down = iCommandPlane_SpotSelect_switch, up = iCommandPlane_SpotSelect_switch, value_down = -1.0, value_up = 0.0, name = _('Alternate Spotlight Switch - Taxi/Off'), category = _('Systems')},

Wishlist: Tornado ADV/IDS, Blackburn Buccaneer, Super Mystère B2, Saab J 35 Draken,

I've been trying to make the RSBN 3-way switch work with the PATH - ALT/HDG - ALT switch on the Warthog Hotas.

The aim is still to make the 3-way switch on the hotas behave like the 3-way in-cockpit switch for the RSBN modes: LANDING - NAVIGATION - GLIDE PATH.

The issue is still on the hotas, there is not any electrical impuse when selecting the middle position. So DCS has to consider an absence of input from that 3-way switch on the hotas to mean the button is in the middle position.

But something went wrong:

Original lua code:

----------------------------------------------

-- RSBN-5 Control Panel ------------------------

------------------------------------------------

{ down = device_commands.Button_14, cockpit_device_id = devices.RSBN_5, value_down = 0.1, name = _('RSBN Mode Switch - NAVIGATION'), category = {_('RSBN-5 Control Panel'), _('Only Front Cockpit')}},

{ down = device_commands.Button_14, cockpit_device_id = devices.RSBN_5, value_down = 0.0, name = _('RSBN Mode Switch - GLIDE PATH'), category = {_('RSBN-5 Control Panel'), _('Only Front Cockpit')}},

{ down = device_commands.Button_14, cockpit_device_id = devices.RSBN_5, value_down = 0.2, name = _('RSBN Mode Switch - LANDING'), category = {_('RSBN-5 Control Panel'), _('Only Front Cockpit')}},

My code:

-- Alternate RSBN mode controls

{down = device_commands.Button_14, cockpit_device_id = devices.RSBN_5, value_down = 0.0, value_up = 0.1, name = _('RSBN Mode Switch - GLIDE PATH/NAVIGATION'), category = {_('RSBN-5 Control Panel'), _('Only Front Cockpit')}},

{down = device_commands.Button_14, cockpit_device_id = devices.RSBN_5, value_down = 0.2, value_up = 0.1, name = _('RSBN Mode Switch - LANDING'), category = {_('RSBN-5 Control Panel'), _('Only Front Cockpit')}},

I suspect whats wrong at the beginning of each line:

Here we have this type of code

down = device_commands.Button_14, cockpit_device_id = devices.RSBN_5

and it is different from the one used for the spotlights:

down = iCommandPlane_SpotSelect_switch, up = iCommandPlane_SpotSelect_switch,

Is there a way to use an iCommandPlane_SOMETHING to work the RSBN mode switch?

Try this:

{down = device_commands.Button_14,cockpit_device_id = devices.RSBN_5,value_down = 0.0,up = device_commands.Button_14,cockpit_device_id = devices.RSBN_5, value_up = 0.1 ,name = _('RSBN Mode Switch - GLIDE PATH/NAVIGATION'),category = {_('RSBN-5 Control Panel'), _('Only Front Cockpit')}},

{down = device_commands.Button_14,cockpit_device_id = devices.RSBN_5,value_down = 0.2, up = device_commands.Button_14,cockpit_device_id = devices.RSBN_5, value_up = 0.1,name = _('RSBN Mode Switch - LANDING/NAVIGATION'),category = {_('RSBN-5 Control Panel'), _('Only Front Cockpit')}},