Syria preview

MAESTR0

@MAESTR0 Is Ugra planning to improvethe look of water in Syria? As shown by many users in this thread (as well as the bug threads in the bug sectio, and wishlist) the current implementation of water does not do the map justice, and makes the otherwise really well crafted terrain look very unrealistic.
It would be very reassuring to hear that Ugra is planning to change the water shaders so rivers/lakes are no longer filled with crystal clear water, where we can always see the ground texture beneath the water and also causing artefacts such as the water changing colour from blue to brown when flying over a body of water.
Thank you for reading and hope the team will work on improving this, it would really pull the map together having this adressed given the many areas of water features on the map, including the Sea of Galilee, the Mediterrainian coast, and the Euphrates river, among many smaller bodies of water.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Hey!
Let's see what we have today

Original objects:
Limassol General Hospital 
Limassol General Hospital .jpg
Nicosia Terminal
Nicosia Terminal.jpg
Oval and factory KEAN
Oval и фабрика KEAN.jpg
Paphos General Hospital
Paphos General Hospital.jpg
Paphos Terminal
Paphos Terminal.jpg
Limasol MyMall
ТЦ Limasol MyMall.jpg

Airfields in Cyprus:

Akrotiri Air Base of the British Air Force
Akrotiri.jpg
Ercan International Airport
Ercan.jpg
Gecitkale Airport
Gecitkale.jpg
Larnaca International Airport
Larnaca.jpg
Nicosia International Airport (closed)
Nicosia.jpg
Paphos International Airport
Papfos.jpg

• Like 17
  • Thanks 5

excellent work, thanks for sharing. But now the wait is getting more and more intense

18 hours ago, MAESTR0 said:
Hey!
Let's see what we have today
Original objects:

Excellent work, thanks for sharing. But now the wait is getting more and more intense ...

• Like 1

Back To The Future Pizza GIF

• Like 3

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| MSI Z87-G45 Gaming | i5-4670K @ 4.3Ghz | 32Gb DDR3 1600 | Asus GTX 1070 Strix OC | Samsung 850 Evo 250 & 500Gb | 40" Sony FullHD | Oculus Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog Stick (19.5cm extension) & Throttle | MFG Crosswind | Windows 10 |

@MAESTR0I note you keep posting and updating however please could you answer the questions that people are posting about the water and the concerns people have raised.  It's good to post content but Ugra do need to start answering questions on this vital topic.

It is a genuine issue with the map - i have posted a topic on this August last year and awaiting a plan of action?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

---------------------------------------------------------------

DCS | F14B | AV-8B | F18C | F16C | A10C | JF17 | Viggen | L-39 | MIG 15 | SU27 | SU33 | F15 | MI8 | Huey | KA50 | Gazelle | P47 | Spitfire | CA | Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | Channel | Syria

Liquid Cooled i7 9700K @ 5Ghz & OC RTX2080 Ti Ultra | 64GB DDR4 3200 MHz | 500GB SSD m2 | Oculus Rift S | TM Warthog | Virpil T50/Warbrd Base | Cougar MFD | Saitek Side Panel | Steel Series Arctis 7 Heaphones

17 hours ago, Hawkeye_UK said:

@MAESTR0I note you keep posting and updating however please could you answer the questions that people are posting about the water and the concerns people have raised.  It's good to post content but Ugra do need to start answering questions on this vital topic.

It is a genuine issue with the map - i have posted a topic on this August last year and awaiting a plan of action?

What's up with the water? 

2 hours ago, ArjenHVA said:

The bug section has some reports. This one will give you an idea.

Ah right. Can't say this bothers me as much. Would be nice to have it fixed of course. However huge fps drops over populated areas do bother me. 

• Like 1

@MAESTR0

Hello ,

you are busy posting pictures from Cyprus. Thanks for that .
Is currently being worked on the mainland at all. For example, there is still a lot missing in the east or south.? 

Posted (edited)

Hello pilots! 

Today we will go to the mountainous part of Cyprus:

St Hilarion Castle (Κάστρο του Αγίου Ιλαρίωνα)Замок Святого Илариона.jpg

Замок Святого Илариона 2.jpg

Famagusta Castle (Othello Castle)Крепость в Фамагусте (Замок Отелло).jpg

Крепость в Фамагусте 2.jpg

Cyrene Castle

Киренийская крепость.jpg

Киренийская крепость 2.jpg

Kyrenia
Скалы1.jpg

Скалы2.jpg

Скалы3.jpg

Edited by MAESTR0
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Looking sweet as always @MAESTR0. Those steep cliffs are awesome! :cheer3nc:

Though, I don't want to be "that guy", but can you give us an ETA on a bug fix for the million Normandy 1944 billboards and all the corrupted helipads?

• Like 5

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- HP Reverb v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ No war today... the enemy just called in sick ~ GUMMBAH

This map will surely be incredible, thank you very much for the hard work, I imagine that Cyprus is getting a lot of attention, but I wanted to ask about a couple of important places that are still missing such as Afrin and Kobani, for now there is nothing in those places, will they be added in the new update? I hope so, as they have been very relevant during the past years.
  It would also be incredible some more details in the city of Raqqa to make it more similar to the real one, in general give more love from Raqqa to Kobani, @MAESTR0 it would be great if you inform us if these places will be added or not (so as not to get my hopes up) thank you very much for all.

• Like 2

I‘ve never seen a direct answer to proposed issues - at least not in this thread.

I guess we‘ll have to wait for the next releases and release notes.

• Like 2

The water transparency is a limitation of the engine currently which was touched on in another thread by an ED member.  I have not seen a direct comment that its fixed in the marianas, but the screenshots they are posting indicate that it either is fixed or they are purposefully positioned to avoid the issue. 

• Like 1

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

1 hour ago, shu77 said:

The water transparency is a limitation of the engine currently which was touched on in another thread by an ED member.  I have not seen a direct comment that its fixed in the marianas, but the screenshots they are posting indicate that it either is fixed or they are purposefully positioned to avoid the issue. 

It is not an issue with the engine though, I don't understand why this incorrect information gets repeated so much.

See here for comparison to Caucasus, where this issue is not present: 

This issue is unique to Syria, and does not happen on other maps including Caucasus and PG. It is not an engine limitation.

• Like 2

it happens in PG so not sure what you're referring to there. I cant say I fly Caucaus enough to say for certain, but that is a much older map so would expect there is far more chance behaves differently.  As mentioned in several other forums, the issue relates to transparency and the lack of sediment modelling. 

• Like 1

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

5 hours ago, shu77 said:

it happens in PG so not sure what you're referring to there. I cant say I fly Caucaus enough to say for certain, but that is a much older map so would expect there is far more chance behaves differently.  As mentioned in several other forums, the issue relates to transparency and the lack of sediment modelling. 

This is not correct. Please watch and compare the following two video demonstrations, one on PG and one on Syria, clearly showing this issue is ONLY present on Syria. Please stop the misinformation with "it's an engine issue etc".

Persian Gulf: No water transparency issue:

Syria: Water transparency issue present:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1