Syria preview

MAESTR0

@Maestro, just wondering why houses here are placed on these small roads? Looks still work in progress as those buildings look randomly placed, or part of some autogen placement?

sRNfT5Z.png

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Balkans for sure will be a dream next to this wonderpiece :)

i still hope for some former warsaw pact / cold war / soviet playground (e.g. gdr/poland/cssr or baltics scenario. even former yugoslavia would be nice. but the gap (not only the fulda one) is cold war. . .

Syria Map early access is open!

Congratulations! We hope you enjoy flying!

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/ru/products/terrains/

Not yet :music_whistling:

attachment.php?attachmentid=245117&d=1597849684

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Wags unpinned this topic
  • 1 month later...

We continue to work on the map of Syria.
DCS: Syria Map Developers are working hard to ensure that users receive a completed Syria map as soon as possible.
In addition to increasing the number of airfields on the mainland and adding the island of Cyprus to the map, the Ugra Media team is making great efforts to improve the content already available to users.

Screenshot_33.jpg

Screenshot_298.jpg

Screenshot_499.jpg

Screenshot_296.jpg

Edited by MAESTR0
  • Like 31
  • Thanks 3

43 minutes ago, MAESTR0 said:

Ugra Media team is making great efforts to improve the content already available to users.

Thank you for your update - but does it also mean that the map will be optimized for better performance? At the moment, although Syria map is looking great,

the performance is quite subpar for not to say bad...

An important area of work for the developers of the DCS: Syria map is the detailed study of the airfield infrastructure and the maximum detail of the airfield hangars with the mission start places.

* Guys, the task of optimizing the map is an important part of the development team's work. Significant results have already been achieved in this direction: when we recorded this video, then on the RTX 2070, less than 69 fps did not fall (basically 90-110Fps). Send me your configuration in the PM and the places where the maximum FPS drawdown occurs.

Screenshot_496.jpg

Screenshot_493.jpg

Screenshot_37.jpg

Screenshot_34.jpg

Screenshot_36.jpg

Screenshot_35.jpg

Edited by MAESTR0
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 1

The team knows the special attitude of users to night flights. Therefore, a lot of effort is put into making the launching and taxiing of aircraft from airfields a pleasure for DCS pilots.

Screenshot_173.jpg

Screenshot_201.jpg

Screenshot_203.jpg

Screenshot_197.jpg

Screenshot_198.jpg

Screenshot_200.jpg

Edited by MAESTR0
  • Like 26
  • Thanks 2

12 часов назад, Someone сказал:

@MAESTR0 any news regarding damaged/destroyed models for any of these unique objects? 

All airfield facilities in the Syria project are destructible and have a damage model. Even the airfield fence can be destroyed and users will see the fittings sticking out.
But as far as the original objects are concerned, due to their ideological significance and their historical significance, it was decided that the possibility of their destruction would not be available.
UPD: Nevertheless, we are working on various solutions in this direction and hope that by the time the work on the Syria map is completed, traces of cannon fire or missile and bomb strikes will be visible on all objects, except religious.

Edited by MAESTR0
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, MAESTR0 said:

We continue to work on the map of Syria

Maestro,

thanks for sharing your work and screenshots. Truly remarkable efforts to improve the content already available: the difference is impressive. And thanks also for improving night operations at the airports.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, MAESTR0 said:

We continue to work on the map of Syria.
DCS: Syria Map Developers are working hard to ensure that users receive a completed Syria map as soon as possible.
In addition to increasing the number of airfields on the mainland and adding the island of Cyprus to the map, the Ugra Media team is making great efforts to improve the content already available to users.

Thanks a lot, the addition of Cyprus is specially appreciated. Also, loved the night lighting of the Hangars. If you can, please add also the ability to have a Kneeboard folder for this Map, like it is for Normandy. Thank you so much.

Eduardo.

Edited by Rudel_chw
  • Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

12 hours ago, MAESTR0 said:

All airfield facilities in the Syria project are destructible and have a damage model. Even the airfield fence can be destroyed and users will see the fittings sticking out.
But as far as the original objects are concerned, due to their ideological significance and their historical significance, it was decided that the possibility of their destruction would not be available.
UPD: Nevertheless, we are working on various solutions in this direction and hope that by the time the work on the Syria map is completed, traces of cannon fire or missile and bomb strikes will be visible on all objects, except religious.

Sure, and I sort of understand that position.  

But to clarify (and correct me if I am wrong) many of the larger skyscrapers/unique (non religious) buildings in Beirut seem to not be destructible.  

Either A) am I wrong?, or B) is there a plan to add damage models to these?

Thanks for the improvements!
My system is an I5 8600K, 36G RAM and a GTX1070ti and the fps drops me from 50 flying low in the big cities like Haifa, Damascus, Aleppo, Raqqa and Adana, I know that my system has its years but the other maps handle them without problems always over 60fps in big cities, it would be great if they increased some fps in these cities, thanks.

All the Before Pictures always looked fine to me, but the new After Pictures are MUCH appreciated!

• Like 1
  • Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]