[INVESTIGATING] Radar relative speed wrong in TWS

When following a tanker locked on radar, I noticed the relative speed displayed on the HUD is very different in TWS and STT, by about 50kts. And it seems the TWS one is wrong, because I could maintain -20 displayed while the distance decreased, and relative speed in STT was +30.

Indeed, i noticed a couple of times that relative speed was displaying negative value whereas i was closing in on a target.

Would be great if you could add a track showing the issue for the devs.

Here is a screenshot where I switch from TWS to STT within a few seconds. This time TWS relative speed is off by 230kts...

[ATTACH]241425[/ATTACH]

And here is the track file

[ATTACH]241424[/ATTACH]

The bug is that radar should have switched automatically to STT by this range. :music_whistling:

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI GTX 1080Ti Gaming X/ RAM 32 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Saitek X-55 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Rift S

M-2000C X-55 VR profile / M-2000C custom SERVAL symbols assignation

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

The bug is that radar should have switched automatically to STT by this range. :music_whistling:

what's the minimum range radar would've stayed in TWS if it hadn't been bugged ?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 months later...

Do you have more info about this? Is this based on your knowledge of the real aircraft or past module behavior?

Because it's behaving like that for a while.

Do you have more info about this? Is this based on your knowledge of the real aircraft or past module behavior?

Because it's behaving like that for a while.

I did ask to a pilot.

No it never worked in game.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI GTX 1080Ti Gaming X/ RAM 32 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Saitek X-55 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Rift S

M-2000C X-55 VR profile / M-2000C custom SERVAL symbols assignation

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

Our SME is away for the week so will be unable to check on this for that time. @jojo this pilot is he active AdA? Perhaps if he knows so much we can talk to him internally and verify this information.

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.