[REPORTED]Pitch Oscillation Issue at Low Fuel

JigSaw82

1.16 Posting of images, file links, file sharing links, and copying and pasting information is prohibited if the source document is from a classified or ITAR controlled source.

When posting aircraft, sensor or weapon information more recent than 1980, you must also include the source of the document showing that it is 100% public and verified as not from a classified or non-ITAR controlled source. To not do so will result in the removal of the message.

Posting information from a classified or ITAR-controlled source will result in the message being removed and a 20% warning and one-week suspension (dependent on warning level).

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

• ED Team

Hi, yes panther is correct we cannot allow post containing ITAR controlled data. I have deleted the post, thank you.

I will take a look at a track now.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

The track replays above do not play back correctly with the AI unfortunately, I did see the oscillation in one track however and I will ask the team about it, I can not rule out damage however currently.

When I try to reproduce in a clean track I am not seeing it.

If anyone is able to reproduce the oscillation in a track with just an F-16 please attach it.

thanks

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

:) So, you want me to go up with hardly any fuel and try to get my jet to enter uncontrolled oscillations? Roger that! Reminds me of the F4U Corsair development program. They found that if one folding wingtip broke off in combat the plane was uncontrollable. So, of course, they tried to develop a system such that if one wingtip broke off in combat, the other wingtip would detach with exploding bolts. They devised a system that was triggered by G-force, and the test pilot's job was to go up and pull enough G's such that the wingtip bolts would blow the wingtips off. I'd be lined up.

• ED Team

I have reported this to the team so they are aware and we will look into closer. If you do have short tracks showing the behaviour please attach them, that would be great.

When I try to reproduce myself all seems ok on our dev build, so it maybe some code that has not been merged yet.

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update on this, I had the temperature set to -12.4 degrees C in the mission. This is as low as the game will allow. I can consistently reproduce this error by flying long enough. I increased the temperature to 10 degrees C, and the mission worked perfectly.

• 4 weeks later...

interesting, that’s something i will try as well and report.

Said... done. In my test mission it does not occur anymore with hot-start viper. The side-to-side wiggle is still present but i accept that this just occurs outside flight envelope above 800kn.

I am not saying it is fixed but on short testing I could not reproduce with current version and hot-started Viper.

Edited by JigSaw82

Hardware: Dark Base Pro 900 | Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Intel i9-13900KF | Kingston 5600 128GB Memory | 980 PRO 1TB NVMe "System" + 980 PRO 2TB NVMe "DCS" | RTX™ 4090 TUF | Silent Loop 360 AIO

Input: Logitech G15 + Roccat Kone + Virpil CM3 + Virpil Panel 2 + VKB Gunfighter Ultimate + Slaw Device RX Viper + Track IR + Valve Index

DCS Maps: All  DCS Modules: All

On 12/4/2020 at 8:59 PM, JigSaw82 said:

interesting, that’s something i will try as well and report.

Said... done. In my test mission it does not occur anymore with hot-start viper. The side-to-side wiggle is still present but i accept that this just occurs outside flight envelope above 800kn.

I am not saying it is fixed but on short testing I could not reproduce with current version and hot-started Viper.

It is mostly irrelevant what happens over 800 knots as this is the maximum speed the F-16 can fly at either way. Over that bad things will beign to happen like engine over rpm etc.

Edited by SpaceMonkey037

• 2 months later...

Accepted.

Hardware: Dark Base Pro 900 | Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Intel i9-13900KF | Kingston 5600 128GB Memory | 980 PRO 1TB NVMe "System" + 980 PRO 2TB NVMe "DCS" | RTX™ 4090 TUF | Silent Loop 360 AIO

Input: Logitech G15 + Roccat Kone + Virpil CM3 + Virpil Panel 2 + VKB Gunfighter Ultimate + Slaw Device RX Viper + Track IR + Valve Index

DCS Maps: All  DCS Modules: All