[REPORTED]Pitch Oscillation Issue at Low Fuel

JigSaw82

Hey guys,

since i am new to the forum but not new to DCS i would like to push this topic again. I have been facing this issue since the module was released and as far as i got it, it is still W.I.P. ?!? right?

Due to several moments of beeing confronted with total loss of aircraft caused by this bug, i just did a test last days which still show the issue. (OpenBeta 2.5.6.50979 but also in with current stable version)

i doulblechecked that i am not the only one facing this issue...

That something is going to go very wrong can be seen as the Indicated Speed drops dramatically although the aircraft dives down to earth. So, is it due to icing of Pitot-Probes? The Anti-Ice Switch was tested in “Auto” and “On” position. No Difference. In some cases, if you are lucky with altitude and time reduce speed and probably the situation turns back to normal.

Regards

JigSaw

Hardware: Dark Base Pro 900 | Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Intel i9-13900KF | Kingston 5600 128GB Memory | 980 PRO 1TB NVMe "System" + 980 PRO 2TB NVMe "DCS" | RTX™ 4090 TUF | Silent Loop 360 AIO

Input: Logitech G15 + Roccat Kone + Virpil CM3 + Virpil Panel 2 + VKB Gunfighter Ultimate + Slaw Device RX Viper + Track IR + Valve Index

DCS Maps: All  DCS Modules: All

• ED Team

Hi

rudder oscillation has been fixed, if you are seeing a pitch oscillation we would like to see a short track replay showing it.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Thanks for quick reply.

just uploaded the rudder oscillation issue again. recorded this morning with current version (stable)

not fixed if you ask me. ;)

i will check out how to provide track files. I just recorded the TacView Files.

Hardware: Dark Base Pro 900 | Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Intel i9-13900KF | Kingston 5600 128GB Memory | 980 PRO 1TB NVMe "System" + 980 PRO 2TB NVMe "DCS" | RTX™ 4090 TUF | Silent Loop 360 AIO

Input: Logitech G15 + Roccat Kone + Virpil CM3 + Virpil Panel 2 + VKB Gunfighter Ultimate + Slaw Device RX Viper + Track IR + Valve Index

• ED Team

Hi,

moved to a new thread so we can focus on pitch.

If you have a track replay showing this happen please attach it, I will also try to reproduce

thanks

Edited by BIGNEWY

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team
Thanks for quick reply.

just uploaded the rudder oscillation issue again. recorded this morning with current version (stable)

not fixed if you ask me. ;)

i will check out how to provide track files. I just recorded the TacView Files.

in the video you are exceeding airspeed limit, which is 1.2 Mach at low altitude.

as mentioned... it is not just pitch.

Sum Things up:

Rudder Oscillation issue still present for me (2.5.6.49798 Stable):

Pitch Oscillation issue still present for me (2.5.6.49798 Stable):

Pitch Oscillation issue still present for me (2.5.6 OpenBeta 2.5.6.50979):

these records are fresh with current versions.

I can also provide TacView Files but no trackfiles yet. Need to find out how to.

in the video you are exceeding airspeed limit, which is 1.2 Mach at low altitude.

thats true... i am aware of this fact.

So your conclusion would be: it works as designed?

ok, got it how to save the track files. Next time facing such an issue i will save and provide the file? What is prefered? Stable or Beta?

Edited by JigSaw82

New example. I am about to loose the interesst in F-16C module due to this anoying issue.

trk is to large for uploading, even as zip file. Sorry.

OscillationIssue.log

OscillationIssue.txt.acmi.zip

• ED Team

Hi

we need to see a track replay as short as possible showing this happen.

you can save a track replay when you exit the mission during the debrief window.

thanks

New example. I am about to loose the interesst in F-16C module due to this anoying issue.

trk is to large for uploading, even as zip file. Sorry.

Combing through your very long video, it was obvious you opened your AAR door? WHY at that speed? You need to be much much slower for the AAR door to be opened.

Recommend closing it, slowing down and the isolation will go away. The FLCS is dampened when the AAR door is open and you're going Mach .90+ accelerating to over Mach 1.0, the jet doesn't behave when those two things occur.

Video at time stamp where you opened the AAR door.

Edited by =Panther=

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

Hi

you can save a track replay when you exit the mission during the debrief window.

thanks

No idea why i did this. Definity stupid, i am aware that 300kt is the limit. But i doubt that this is the reason for the strange oscillation. I faced this issue several times even without refueling procedure.

thanks for the hint though

Hi

thanks

will provide as soon as i can record the scenario in a short video and trackfile

here we go again, just recorded the same issue with a different weapon layout again. Pure Weapons training against AI. No refueling.

is it me doing something generally wrong? :cry:

Video Upload to YouTube is still in progress

1st time

2nd time

attachments as requested:

• jpg shows payload
  • zip contains tacview file
  • log
  • trk

regards

OscillationIssue02.trk

OscillationIssue02.log

OscillationIssue02.thumb.jpg.730c4f2439513a2e45fc11af05e70ef6.jpg

OscillationIssue02.zip

I reported the same thing for different effects. ( https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=279944 )

You were at 560 kts in reality and that's when this effect is going to happen. you can produce it in level flight when flying wings level AB on clean at sea level even.

What is interesting though, is how the speed readouts on both your HUD are wrong as well as your steam gauge .. in the second video it's not responding at all anymore.

That's I think the real issue and something I'd like explained.

In your case even the analog altimeter gave out .. the HUD one is still working though ..

The altimeter later recovered about the time you went from DGFT to NAV mode again.

I couldn't see you getting any FLCS error that would indicate problems with the Airprobe either.

Edited by deadpool

Lincoln said: “Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

Do not expect a reply to any questions, 30.06.2021 - Silenced by Nineline

Glad to be not the only one in this topic. I would like to know why almost no-one else is facing this effect. My stomach tells me it hast something to do with starting the aircraft by myself every time.

Next missions I will go for a hot start at the runway instead of cold-starting myself.

Thanks for your thoughts. In almost any case with this effect the speedometer and altimeter went crazy, yes.

I would like to know why almost no-one else is facing this effect.

I do also see this issue.

But I do not fly the F-16 anymore for the moment because it is to much WIP/unfinished/bugged. (F-16 and Stable) ... Patiently waiting for something a bit more ... F-16ish.

Edited by Dee-Jay

• 2 months later...

I did faced the issue a few day's ago during a GR Mission again... so it is still not solved. Didn't checked with last Update from Wednesday.

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure if it is relevant but here are my 2 cents:

1. You were flying at 860 knots at ~10K feet. The maximum speed up to 30K feet is 800 knots according to -1.

2. You were flying with the STORES CONFIG switch at CAT III for the entire mission. According to -1-2, your stores configuration is CAT I. Please look at line 17 of the AIM 9 section. After jettisoning the exteranl fuel tanks, I think you should have switched to CAT I anyway. You did not get a STORES CONFIG caution light since it is not modeled yet (WIP).