• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
No, not yet, sorry.

Why not ?

Is that a Top Secret thing ?

I7 9700K@5.0 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Gigabyte Z390 AORUS Ultra | RTX 2080 Ti | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

If it's so obvious, which I do agree with you, it wouldn't be a problem for NL or BN to confirm this.

At this moment I'm not sure if ED even confirmed the issue with the dis-/appearing distant clouds in VR. Let alone if this is solved with the new and improved clouds.

I know, chances are slim that either NL or BN read my questions, but I have to try :)

I think the disappearing/re-appearing is because, in VR, the textures are only rendered in one eye. This is true for a number of textures, not just clouds.

I've also just resigned myself to flying with no clouds at all...which for a modern flight sim in 2020 is just completely silly.

That, and the weird lighting that is always wrong in the cockpit if correct for outside and visa-versa, just makes it not fun to fly this sim anymore.

• 2 weeks later...
Please check the wet carrier deck at 0:25 of the new halloween sale. Looks awesome:

i was under the impression that this was in the sim for many month already. you probably need the advanced reflection enabled for it to show, but i wouldn't know: i'm still on a nvidia gtx770...

My personal wishlist after 2 years with dcs: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=216873

Yeah, pretty sure you get them when using SSLR, but as twistking said, there is a significant performance hit, on top of the significant performance hit of SC itself.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, F-16CM, AJS-37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, P-47D, P-51D, FC3, MiG-15bis, Yak-52, CA, C-101, Hawk

Terrains I own: Syria, The Channel, SoH

System (RIP my old PC): Dell XPS 15 9570 w/ Intel i7-8750H, NVIDIA GTX 1050Ti Max-Q, 16GB DDR4, 500GB Samsung PM871 SSD (upgraded with 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD)

VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro

Dreams: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/mBG4dD

i was under the impression that this was in the sim for many month already. you probably need the advanced reflection enabled for it to show, but i wouldn't know: i'm still on a nvidia gtx770...

Oh really? Wasn't aware of that, seems my PC spec has to be renewed ????
Oh really? Wasn't aware of that, seems my PC spec has to be renewed ????

no. to see the effect, it shoud be enough to enable "sslr" in the options as northstar wrote. chances are, that performance will be bad with it on though. if that's the case then updating your GPU might help.

My personal wishlist after 2 years with dcs: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=216873

no. to see the effect, it shoud be enough to enable "sslr" in the options as northstar wrote. chances are, that performance will be bad with it on though. if that's the case then updating your GPU might help.

Thanks a lot, will try it with "sslr" activated