MiG29/Su27 models?

Hey there,

A while ago i saw the Su-27 model being WIP. What's the status on this? it seems to be abandoned? We need a new model for that one so badly in this game, why did noone bother to do it yet?

Or how about the MiG-29? Granted, it's a pretty decent default model, but a new one would still be quite refreshing..

Anyway, my 0.02€

Gryph

StrikeMax stopped his version as ED are making the Su-27, MiG-29 and Su-25 in house.

Su-27-upgrade-06-18-07-1-1.jpg

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=18484&page=31

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=24836

"No matter where you go, there you are"

Intel E-8400 "Wolfdale" - Asus Maximus Formula - Swiftech H2O 120

4 Gb G.Skill PC2-8000C5 - EVGA 8800 GTS 512 - Dell 2707WFP

WD Caviar 500Gb - Vista 64

No they're not going to implement cause ownership of LO belongs to UBI. However I think that you'll be able to import them to LO unofficialy.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core i7-6700K, @5GHz | Asus Maximus Hero VIII | 2 x eVGA GTX 970 SLI | Kingston Predator 16GB DDR4-3000Mhz | 2 x Samsung 850 PRO 240GB RAID-0 | AOC G2460PG G-SYNC LCD | OCULUS RIFT CV1 VR | THRUSTMASTER HOTAS WARTHOG | CH PRO PEDALS

No they're not going to implement cause ownership of LO belongs to UBI. However I think that you'll be able to import them to LO unofficialy.

I have every faith that this will be possible along with all the other updated models, but don't quote me on that ;)

Mizzy

Any new MiG-29 3D model pics somewhere?!

This is just my wishful thinking but since MiG-29 won't be flyable in next few years of DCS I'm kinda thinking that ED should make a MRCA, SMT or even -35 3D model of Fulcrum for DCS since most of the RL 9-12 will be upgraded or replaced by SMT by that time.

It might keep DCS up to date with RL.

So if ED decide to make Fulcrum flyable in future DCS modules most of the M2, SMT avionics systems info could be available to ED.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yeah, StrikeMax really made me happy with that project, especially his idea of integrating various vapor trails and condenstation to a 3D model that noone did so far.

It might never be finished, but his work was a true inovation and we can learn a lot from it..

His Flanker model was cca 50K poly, and that radome cone looks very promising and IMHO, good enough for LOFC but newer comps can deal even with 100+K poly with no problem so think of all the detail you'll have on such 3D models.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Use 3dmax7 or 8 to create lock on models. And only those version (i know there's newer versions out there) but ED's plugins only support those two version.

However, before you jump in to create models, the learning curve is pretty steep. So instead of paying money for that software, there's a freeware software that can also create models called GMAX. The only problem is that it cant export .lom files which are the format lock on uses.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 4 weeks later...

ED is making new models for Fulcrum, Flanker and Froggy but those are DCS:BS exclusive and thus won't be flyable (at least for a couple of years).

I don't think will see these new models in LoFC, so people it's up to us to upgrade our LOFC fleet!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I don't think will see these new models in LoFC, so people it's up to us to upgrade our LOFC fleet!

I was thinking the same, you are right Vekkinho.

If new models in BS could be imported into FC (unofficially), this would decrease the buyer number of it, while lot of us would remain with the old vet with it's freshly imported 3D models.

Yeniceri I'm really glad you booked Su-27.

I remember StrikeMax really made some progress with his Su-27SM model. However, he never finished it but managed to include lot's of animations (various vortices, various humidity etc.).

If you think of humidity as a some sort of a smoke (similar texture and shape) than maybe similar approach can be taken in creating engine smoke for Fulcrum and Flanker.

I haven't heard form StrikeMax for a while but perhaps contacting him thru E-mail might shed some light on Su-27 modelling!

Greetings and sorry for OT!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yeniceri I'm really glad you booked Su-27.

I remember StrikeMax really made some progress with his Su-27SM model. However, he never finished it but managed to include lot's of animations (various vortices, various humidity etc.).

If you think of humidity as a some sort of a smoke (similar texture and shape) than maybe similar approach can be taken in creating engine smoke for Fulcrum and Flanker.

I haven't heard form StrikeMax for a while but perhaps contacting him thru E-mail might shed some light on Su-27 modelling!

Greetings and sorry for OT!

Yes..exactly.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yeniceri, you want to start it from scratch or could you imagine just to finish StrikeMaxs' work??

I mean I know it's sometimes easier to begin a new project than finish foreign ideas...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F Gaming, Intel Core i7 9700k , 32gb Corsair DDR4-3200

Asus RTX 2070 super, Samsung 970 EVO Plus M2, Win10 64bit, Acer XZ321QU (WQHD)

TM HOTAS Warthog, SAITEK Rudder Pedals, TIR 5